Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hey!!!

Luvmypitgirls
February 18th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I'VE BEEN SMOKE FREE FOR 18 DAYS!!!!!:D:D:D

(I only thought of it because I just had a momentary craving)

mikischo
February 18th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Congratulations!:thumbs up That is wonderful.:highfive:

Love4himies
February 18th, 2010, 04:16 PM
:thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up The worst is now over. Those cravings will lessen and lessen and get farther apart.

the gang
February 18th, 2010, 04:26 PM
:thumbs up good for you way to go brenda and the pins

Dog Dancer
February 18th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Absolutely FABULOUS! :thumbs up:thumbs up Keep up the good work. I'm guessing you already feel better physically and your clothes smell better too. We knew you could do it. :highfive:

luckypenny
February 18th, 2010, 04:51 PM
:laughing:

Excellent LMPG! Way to go :highfive:.

mummummum
February 18th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I'm so glad you posted as Ive been thinking about you and sending you :goodvibes: (when Hazel isn't hogging all the channels).

I've been there and know first hand the kind of raw courage and fierce determination it takes to face those wretched cravings.

You've now saved over $180 dollars. Spend a little on yourself, you deserve it!

Tommysmom
February 18th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself, you are doing so amazingly well!:highfive::highfive::highfive:

hazelrunpack
February 18th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Good job, LMPG! :highfive: You are doing great!!!

And move over, MMM...give me some elbow room, cuz I'm gonna channel a whole passel of :goodvibes: down the pike for continued resolve and the strength to persevere! :thumbs up

:goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Luvmypitgirls
February 18th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the support! It's wholeheartedly appreciated!
It does get easier with each day, and I'm starting to feel better, I know I definately smell better :laughing:

Went to pick up a few things at the grocery store this evening, and a woman was walking towards me puffing away on a smoke, I actually panicked :o
I ran into the store so I wouldn't have to smell the smoke, and dangnabbit if I didn't have the most intense craving, it lasted like 3 minutes!
I stuck my head into one of the coolers and just breathed deep until I got a grip. That's when I noticed the mint chocoloate chip ice cream of course I had to buy some :o
My pants are a tad snugger these days :o...oh well at least I can breathe, so it's a fair trade off.
I'll pull out my bike this Spring and work it all off.

As for the money we've saved already, we've decided to just bank it for now, each and every month and at the end of the year we will decide what we're gonna do with it. Personally I like the idea of just leaving it in the bank, or making a good dent in our mortgage with it. We'll see.

Luvmypitgirls
February 20th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Well 19 days now! Something strange happened today tho, I could taste ciggies in my mouth and I could smell smoke in my nose, really disgusting!
I drank a ton of orange juice and ate 6 oranges trying to get rid of it, nothing helped.
Is this just my body ridding itself of the nicotine? If it is that alone would keep me from ever smoking again....:yuck:

Love4himies
February 20th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Yup, your body is ridding itself of all the toxins. The longer you are a non smoker, the more disgusting the smell of it becomes :D

You are doing great, LMPG give yourself a huge pat on the back :highfive:

dollface
February 20th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Woohoo! Congrats LMPG!!!! Extra money is a good thing these days! :D:D:D:D Keep it up we know you can do it! :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

DoubleRR
February 21st, 2010, 08:48 AM
Great job! You can do it, if I can. I smoked for over 30 yrs and quit 8 yrs ago. Still get the occasional craving, but is easy to avoid cigs. I am SO happy I managed to do that and you will be too.

Dog Dancer
February 24th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Hope things are still going well for you LMPG. I think of you all the time. Yesterday I received a parcel from my sister in Ontario who had cleaned some stuff out of my mother's house and she thought I would like it. It's been almost a year since my mother passed away and you know those boxes my sister sent smelled of smoke:eek:. I was so surprised, but sadly in it's own way it reminded me of my mom. So please please keep up the good work. We're all here supporting you and your husband. :thumbs up

BrownEyedGirl
February 24th, 2010, 11:34 AM
:thumbs up Thats really great, keep up the determination!