Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Very disturbing, is it true?

happycats
February 17th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Someone sent me an email today, with a petition to sign (which I did)
It was about Denmark and some horrible, disgusting, disturbing tradition they have, where "boys" becoming men brutally kill hundreds of these beautiful dolphins with hooks!! It's awful, the whole area is crimson with blood, and many die a slow painful death.

It's awful.........please tell me it's not true, or that it doesn't go on anymore :cry:

WTF is WRONG with these people??!!!:mad:

aslan
February 17th, 2010, 08:57 PM
happycats, from googling i came up with,, its the faroe islands that this is happening at, the islands belong to Denmark but aren't actually part of the country. Sadly yes it looks like it is true..it is dolphins and pilot whales..:(

happycats
February 17th, 2010, 09:46 PM
happycats, from googling i came up with,, its the faroe islands that this is happening at, the islands belong to Denmark but aren't actually part of the country. Sadly yes it looks like it is true..it is dolphins and pilot whales..:(

OMG it's just horrible, they also said the dolphins are a rare and endangered breed, so I don't understand why they are able to practice this disgusting tradition!!
I guess I will never understand mans inhumane treatment of EVERYTHING on earth :shrug::cry:

mummummum
February 18th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Have you seen The Cove ?

http://www.thecovemovie.com/

It's :cry: horrid. PEOPLE are horrid.

happycats
February 18th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Have you seen The Cove ?

http://www.thecovemovie.com/

It's :cry: horrid. PEOPLE are horrid.

OMG in Japan too!!!!!! :cry:

This world sickens me! Man is the cruelest creature on the planet.
I truly hope karma exists, and what goes around will eventually come around :fingerscr

dustybird
February 19th, 2010, 12:28 AM
I got the same email from my mother a few weeks ago and was just sick over it:(. I cried.

The human race realllllly disturbs me sometimes ok most of the time. It's totally pointless and ever so cruel...how the hell does something like this make someone a man, more like an inhumane monster.

I forwarded the email to WSPA Canada, they were quick to reply. I can post the reply I got but...the reply made me even more sad and angry. As it explains in detail what goes on and what the dolphins go through.