Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Confirmed who is poisoning cats

ancientgirl
February 17th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I finally got a full confirmation of who it is poisoning the cats were I live, and it's the person the maintenance man had told me about.

Another cat was found last Friday, and the property manager took photos of the cat and FINALLY called the police! When they came, they said they couldn't do anything, but to contact them if they found another cat.:frustrated: So another cat had to die before they'd do anything!

Well, yesterday, since I had my confirmation, I made up some flyers, posted one at the mailboxes and another one on his door! When he saw the flyer, he called the police. I'm glad, because the police questioned him, asking why someone would leave that on his door unless he knew something about it.

I'm hoping that since the police has been there twice now, and these losers know "someone" knows it's them, they will stop! At the very least, I'm glad the police is now involved!

My Lodi Girl
February 17th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Grrrrrr! People like this is why I like my animals better than people! I hope the police finally do something.
You did good ag!

mummummum
February 17th, 2010, 12:02 PM
It really boggles the mind not only how inhumane and vicious some are but, how truly STOOPID people who poison animals seem to be.

If hoards of roaming or feral cats are the problem how is poisoning a few going to solve your problem? If it's for "kicks", you would have to following the animal around to wait out the poison in order to watch it die ~ chances are you'll be spotted and be a suspect. If it's to stir up public attention and wrath ~ media certainly do follow the "if it bleeds, it leads" but a cat poisoning story might make page 3 once then, it's done.

Duh...

ancientgirl
February 17th, 2010, 12:12 PM
This guy is just a mean SOB. Pure and simple. I'm happy the police came, and I'm really hoping this scares him and he stops. At the very least, the police now have a file on it.

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2010, 01:36 PM
If you have proof it's him, take it to the police. If it's just hearsay, then be very very careful. Unless you can absolutely prove it's him, and he finds out who's posting the accusations, you will be in huge legal trouble, AG.

Was there a necropsy run on the cat? If there is evidence of poisoning, the Health Dept might also get involved. Leaving poison or poisoned items out where young children can get at them is a health issue as well.

ancientgirl
February 17th, 2010, 01:43 PM
If you have proof it's him, take it to the police. If it's just hearsay, then be very very careful. Unless you can absolutely prove it's him, and he finds out who's posting the accusations, you will be in huge legal trouble, AG.

Was there a necropsy run on the cat? If there is evidence of poisoning, the Health Dept might also get involved. Leaving poison or poisoned items out where young children can get at them is a health issue as well.

The idiot manager keeps getting rid of the cats. So the police aren't able to take them in for a necropsy. And if I did it myself, it would cost me clost to $800.

Hazel, I know it's him. The property manager told the maintenance guy, and he knows because the man mentioned to him he was going to take care of the cat problem himself. I'm no rocket scientist, but 1 + 1 = 2 here.

I'm not going to post anything for a while. I want to see what happens.

aslan
February 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Hazel is right AG, doesn't matter what this guy told anybody, unless you have his picture placing out poison or his fingerprints on the dish the poison is in be very careful. I would hate to see this backfire in your face. This guys math might be the same,,lady with 5 cats..hmmmm. Don't suppose you know what the landlord is doing with the bodies.

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2010, 02:05 PM
If it won't stand up in court, AG, you don't have enough. And I can guarantee you that won't stand up in court--it's hearsay.

You should talk to the manager about keeping the evidence, or try to tour the area before you go to work. If you find another dead cat, you call the cops and have them pick it up. Even if it won't prove that this guy is doing it, it may prove that there is someone poisoning the cats. And once that's established, both the police and the health dept will have more than just an anonymous tip to base an investigation on.

So sad that more cats have to die before this can be stopped :cry:

ancientgirl
February 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I'm going to write a letter to the property manager. I'm going to tell him to contact the police when a cat is found. It's no use taking photos, then tossing the poor cat in the garbage and then calling the police!

It infuriates me that this is happening, and I hope the ******* doing this gets his just reward!

14+kitties
February 17th, 2010, 02:35 PM
AG - I appreciate you trying to help the cats in your area. It sucks some evil mind has nothing better to do than poison poor innocents. :grouphug:
I am of the same mind as hazel with the hearsay stuff. Please be careful. But- there is nothing to stop you from putting up posters warning people to keep their cats inside as someone is poisoning them. Just use the word someone. You aren't pointing the finger at anyone. Just warning them. In fact keep the posters as far away from the suspects door as possible. That way he can't say you are targetting him. Hopefully a life or two will be saved that way.