Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just dropped Skylar off at the kennel and cried

Stacer
February 15th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I need to know that I'm not the only overly emotional doggy mom. I knew I wasn't going to handle leaving her very well, but crying? C'mon!

I know that I'm going to be thinking about the day we return to pick her up the entire time we're away.

No pooch in bed tonight, no snarly smiles in the morning :(

Next trip we take we're driving and bringing her, I don't think I could stand to do this again.

hazelrunpack
February 15th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Sort of like seeing a child off for their first day at school! :grouphug: Won't be too long, and you'll both do great! :highfive:

Dee-O-Gee
February 15th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Trust me Stacer--you're not the only one! The first time we dropped off our Golden Girl at the kennel, I was the same. :o

It'll get better. :grouphug: Especially when you get home and pick up Skylar. OH...the greetings you will encounter upon your return. :lovestruck:

Enjoy your trip and take lots of pics! :thumbs up

luckypenny
February 16th, 2010, 12:26 AM
:grouphug:

mummummum
February 16th, 2010, 12:29 AM
OH...the greetings you will encounter upon your return. :lovestruck:

Or not...my last grrrl made a point of greeting everyone BUT me when she was boarded at the Vet's. I had to be suitably punished you see. :rolleyes:

And, on the times when she was boarded in a proper kennel, she didn't seem too eager to leave she had had THAT good of time. :cry:

Stacer, have a blast. You need Stacer & DH time too!

Melinda
February 16th, 2010, 05:33 AM
*huge hugs* Stacer, I know the feeling...next time you drive and drop her off here!!!!!:thumbs up
she'll be fine, probably enjoying all the new smells right now....I really "love" how much you "love" her...man....couldn't have chosen better even if I'd kept her myself...thank you.

Chris21711
February 16th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Or not...my last grrrl made a point of greeting everyone BUT me when she was boarded at the Vet's. I had to be suitably punished you see. :rolleyes:

!

My g/fs old dog, did the exact same thing, didn't speak to her for two days and she had only left him for the weekend :laughing:

Have a good time Stacer.

crazykewl
February 17th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Aww! I think Im going to be the same way... Im leaving Taisha and Shadow in a boarding Kennel for 5 days in April and Im already worried and sad about it!