Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Manna from Heaven

14+kitties
February 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Man, the last few days have been tough. Not all in a bad way though. It started with the high of watching kd on Friday night. Went to my wonderful "hubby, partner, spouse, whatever" and his very thoughtful gift of her newest cd on Valentine's Day. Then reading and sharing in a very thought provoking thread. Then news of my sister in laws beloved dog being pts on Sat. Now my youngest stepson just brought me in the mail.
A lot of the "oldtimers" around here remember a year and a half ago when my mom passed. You know about the penny I found the day after we buried her that I now wear around my neck. I believe it was her sign to me that she "made it" safely. Well, at work last night I found another brand new 2010 penny in a spot that I had just swept two minutes before. No customers had been in the area. No one else had been either. I thought to myself - Mom's saying Happy Valentine's Day to me so yes, I said it to her. No, I'm not off my rocker (yet) folks. Just what I believe.
Well, today brought a cheque from Mom's estate. My sister informed me last year that the little bit that was left was going to her husband because he had looked after my mother for a couple of weeks before she went to the hospital for the last time. She thought he was entitled to it. :rolleyes: I guess it didn't work out her way. The cheque isn't much but now I don't have to worry about where the money is coming from to pay my car payment and credit cards this month.
Thank you Mom. I love you and miss you so much!! :cloud9:

aslan
February 15th, 2010, 03:12 PM
14+ i'm so very glad that your mom is still looking out for you. The world spins in some interesting ways eh.

14+kitties
February 15th, 2010, 03:15 PM
14+ i'm so very glad that your mom is still looking out for you. The world spins in some interesting ways eh.

It does. Mom and I looked after each other a lot when she was still with us. Man, I miss that!

hazelrunpack
February 15th, 2010, 03:20 PM
That's wonderful, 14+!! :grouphug: She's still watching over her girl! :angel:

Love4himies
February 15th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I second what aslan said. I am so happy for you, 14+.

14+kitties
February 15th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks hazel and L4. Sometimes I feel her presence so clearly it's like she hasn't gone at all. :cloud9:

Frenchy
February 15th, 2010, 03:26 PM
That is so nice 14+ :grouphug:

BenMax
February 15th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I believe that we are all intertwined even though they are not in the present world.

I am so sorry for you lose 14+K. Your mom is with you every day of every year and will be your guide until you met once again.:grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls
February 15th, 2010, 04:12 PM
14+, I believe in signs too.
I also believe that our loved ones who pass on to the spiritual world, never abandon us.
May you find many more pennies thru-out your life, and may your mother's love live forever in your heart
~hugs

My Lodi Girl
February 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Moms find a way to let us know they are still keeping watch over us. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother 14+. My mom will be gone 5 years tomorrow and I miss her every single day. :cry2:

14+kitties
February 15th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Moms find a way to let us know they are still keeping watch over us. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother 14+. My mom will be gone 5 years tomorrow and I miss her every single day. :cry2:

I am so sorry. Even after that amount of time it still hurts. :grouphug:
My mom was one of my closest friends. We could talk about almost everything. My daughter and I are like that too. Stay strong. :grouphug:

LMPG - I find many many pennies. A lot can be explained away. I do after all work in a grocery store. It's the ones in unexplained places that I know Mom sends. It is always when I feel the worse. I know she's telling me to buck up. It will get better. :thumbs up

BM - Thank you. :grouphug:
Thank all of you. I'm glad I didn't come off sounding slightly wonky. :rolleyes::grouphug:

Winston
February 15th, 2010, 06:33 PM
14+ that is most definately a sign! Its amazing how things fall into place!

My Dad is with me everyday! too..its been 10 yrs already and it always seems like yesterday! :thumbs up I truly believe he is my guardian :angel2:

What will you do with that Penny? I wonder if you could get them set together somehow?

Cindy

ancientgirl
February 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM
It's a beautiful thing to know that even beyond this world, our loved ones are still looking out for us.

I totally believe in signs. I'm so glad this came to you now.:grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls
February 15th, 2010, 07:29 PM
LMPG - I find many many pennies. A lot can be explained away. I do after all work in a grocery store. It's the ones in unexplained places that I know Mom sends. It is always when I feel the worse. I know she's telling me to buck up. It will get better. :thumbs up

That's what I meant, I hope you find many many more of the "unexplainable pennies".
:grouphug:

luckypenny
February 15th, 2010, 09:22 PM
This thread made me cry 14+ :o. I'm so glad you had, and continue to have, this special loving relationship with your mom :grouphug:.

14+kitties
February 15th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks AG. I used to smell my dad's cigarettes for a year or so before my mom passed. Now I wonder if he was trying to tell me she was soon to join him. He left us way back in 1977.

What will you do with that Penny? I wonder if you could get them set together somehow?

Cindy

I'm not sure yet. I haven't thought that far. I could just get it mounted the same as my first and wear both. I'll have to think on it.

That's what I meant, I hope you find many many more of the "unexplainable pennies".
:grouphug:

:thumbs up Thanks! I wish everyone could. Most people don't even bother stooping to pick up a penny. :(

This thread made me cry 14+ :o. I'm so glad you had, and continue to have, this special loving relationship with your mom :grouphug:.

:grouphug: I'm sorry LP. Didn't mean to make you cry. I miss her every day but I have some wonderful memories of our times together. There are so many people who have never had a relationship like that. I was/am very fortunate. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
February 16th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks AG. I used to smell my dad's cigarettes for a year or so before my mom passed. Now I wonder if he was trying to tell me she was soon to join him. He left us way back in 1977.

14+, every now and then, I feel my mother's presence, and a scent fills my nose. I've always felt it's just her visiting me. I think our loved ones are always with us, and never stop looking out for us.:grouphug:

chico2
February 16th, 2010, 08:01 AM
14+,what a wonderful post:grouphug:I am really happy for you.:cat:

quincymycat
February 16th, 2010, 08:09 AM
14+. what you said about the smell of smoke alerting you to the presence of someone on the other side, made me think about how every so often, without anyone around me, I smell cigarette smoke. At first I was afraid I was having an aura for a migraine or seizure, but then one day it dawned on me....my mother was a very heavy smoker. I don't think she could have let me know in any other way that she was making her presence known to me. No one else could smell it but me.
A strange way to alert you, but then, I am sure any one "over there" has knowledge far greater than any of us here.
I am happy for you ..... I wish everyone could know that experience. :angel:

mikischo
February 16th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Thank you for sharing your experience.:grouphug: I, too, was blessed with a wonderful mother. She was the most generous, warmest, caring person I have ever known. It will be 20 years in April since she has been gone and I still think of her almost every day.

14+kitties
February 17th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Thank you everyone for not thinking me totally off my rocker. :D I am but only with my kitties.
QMC - thanks for sharing that story. I believe that if you open yourself to those possibilities it is very calming. I haven't smelled cigarette smoke for a long time. Dad's job was done. :candle:

dollface
February 17th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I love hearing stories like these! :angel: More proof that our loved ones who have passed are still with us and bring us coins and smells to remind us that they still love and care about us!

Tundra_Queen
February 17th, 2010, 10:11 PM
14+ *HUGS* I'm so glad your mom sent u a message. It's wonderful to know she is still looking after you. Sounds like your sister is like mine.

My mom has been gone for 4 years now and I still miss her. I use to call her every night to see how her day went and I really miss talking to her. We were very close.

Debbie :grouphug:

14+kitties
February 17th, 2010, 10:18 PM
14+ *HUGS* I'm so glad your mom sent u a message. It's wonderful to know she is still looking after you. Sounds like your sister is like mine.

My mom has been gone for 4 years now and I still miss her. I use to call her every night to see how her day went and I really miss talking to her. We were very close.

Debbie :grouphug:

Thanks TQ. I have cut all ties with my sister. It's sad. I have tried through the years to be friends with her. It never worked. After the last thing I said enough is enough.
Strange thing is my mom warned me that my sister would try to take more than she was entitled to. Weird how the world works.
:grouphug: It's hard losing someone you were close to. I still "talk" to my mom on occassion. I know she's listening. :cloud9: