Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor Crybaby!!!!

Princesss04
August 30th, 2004, 10:39 AM
As you all know I have a male cat named Cry Baby. This weekend we went to stay somewhere over night. My friend needed somewhere to stay for the weeked since she is having her bathroom fixed. So she said that she would keep the dog and cat while she stayed at our house. So we got home Saturday night (late) so I took the dog out and we headed up to bed. I put the cats soft food out and feed the dog as well. I did not see the cat but I figured he was just asleep in one of his many places so we went to bed. When we got up in the morning we left for church and did not see the cat but sometimes if he is sleeping he will not come even if we yell for him so I thought nothing of it. Than when we got home we went to take our after church nap and the cat never came up to bed (he always sleeps with us on Sundays) so we got up and started calling for him and yelling for him and he never came. So I called my friend and she said the last time she saw him was Saturday around 9. So we went and looked every where in the house and no Mr. Cry. So at this point I am in tears and the dog is barking wondering what is wrong. So we walked about three hours loooking and yelling for him. We asked all the neighbors and they are keeoing their eye out for him. I left food out on the porch (it was gone this morning but it could have been anything). Cry Baby has never been outside before and since we are in a new house I do not know if he can find his way home. Please help I do not know what to do. I need to find my Baby. He has never gotten out before why would he want to now? :( :( :( :(

Sneaky2006
August 30th, 2004, 10:49 AM
I am so sorry about your baby, but something doesn't sound right about that story. Your cat may have slipped out when your friend wasn't looking but if he never tried before I don't know what to say...
I can't imagine what you're going through, hang in there and I hope for the best for your baby!

Cflat
August 30th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Do your friends think there is any way he could have gotten out?
Have you searched your entire house?
Maybe putting some flyers up? Cats are pretty remarkable. Even though he's not been out before I bet he will find his way home. Chances are he hasn't gone too far.

Princesss04
August 30th, 2004, 10:56 AM
She said that she carried things in the house and left the door opened but did not see him come out. So she is not sure. She said she saw him Sat. when she feed him but that was the last time. I am going to post flyers. I have contacted the shelter and the vet and they have my information. I hope he does come back this cat is my baby. Meat Loaf is missing him as well. He went in and got one of his toys to play with. I just do not now where he could be. He does not like new people so I do not know if he would come up to someone or not. (I thought maybe you know how we found Meat Loaf someone had picked him up thinking he had no home) but Meatloaf looked bad. Crybaby looks well feed ;) has a pretty black coat. I just do not know!

iRONKNiGHT
August 30th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Do your friends think there is any way he could have gotten out?
Have you searched your entire house?
Maybe putting some flyers up?
i totally agreed with Cflat
do a thorough search of the house again.. draws boxes corners maybe he's stuck? and if he's frighten maybe his frighten spot? i know my cat has her spot to hide when she's timid! and she wont even come out even if i call her.. but if she see's me she will come out like 2 min later..

Princesss04
August 30th, 2004, 11:05 AM
We checked everywhere. But I will try anything. I will check everywhere again. I know I should have taken them with me. :(

Princesss04
August 30th, 2004, 11:07 AM
I am making flyers now, I am going to put them everywhere. Do you think I should go door to door and pass them out. Is it wrong to put there will be an award on the flyers I will pay anything to get him back.

SSAC
August 30th, 2004, 11:08 AM
You say that it's a new house? Some cats will try and make it back to the old house. Check that area aswell. Keep us posted!

Sneaky2006
August 30th, 2004, 11:12 AM
No that is not wrong, it may make someone pitch in and help, you never know. I would search your house again too, I didn't think of it until Cflat said it... My cats have been in weird places in my home, that it took me hours to find them.
Also, when we first got Snooky, he had gotten out and we didn't know it until hours later. Of course I freaked and was searching everywhere outside, my husband went driving around the neighborhood. It turned out that he was in the neighbors yard and didn't know how to get back over. He may be closer than you think. Good luck!

Princesss04
August 30th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks for your help.Well it is a new house to the cat when Justin and I got married my dad brought him up to us so we have had him for about three months. I will check the house, I got up theis morning and looked and the liter box had not been touched and his food was all still there. I will do anything to get him back do any ideas are greatly appreciated. So he can find his way home even though he has not been outside before?

Princesss04
August 30th, 2004, 11:32 AM
When I look outside where are some good places to look for him at. We even went out at dark and shined the flashlight hoping to see eyes but nothing. Any good ideas.

Sunkist/Winnie
August 30th, 2004, 11:39 AM
I hope there is a happy ending to your story. When I moved into my house I thought I had lost my youngest cat too. I looked everywhere - even had someone else come and search the house too - I thought a fresh set of eyes wold do the trick. I was so upset because she was so young and an in-doors cats. But lo and behold one night my other cat was acting weirder than normal and I found Sunkist up behind the air exchange. There was a small hole in the ceiling that she had crawled into and spent the last two days between the floors of the house! I too had thought I had searched everywhere..but Sunkist was more adventurous than I thought she'd be.

Good Luck...keep her food out and keep calling for her.

Sneaky2006
August 30th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Our cat was on the other side of the fence, we have a fence separating the yards but if you go to the back there's only bushes so that's how he got in there but he just stood on the other side of the fence looking at our house but didn't know enough to go back the way he came. I would look under porches and decks, even up trees.
Sorry, can't think of anything else.
Yes, keep calling his name!! Inside and out.

Princesss04
August 30th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks, I called Justin and he said he thought he heard something scrathching this morning so he jumped up and went down stairs and there was nothing there. And he has not heard it again so I am going home and goign to tear the house apart. I will find this cat. :(

Princesss04
August 30th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Just a thought on of the ladies here at work thought of see what you think. What if I put a humane trap on the step where the food is being eatten and when what ever comes back than we can see what it is? What do you all think of that idea. I mean I do not want to hurt Crybaby (if it is him) but I alos want him back. What are your all thoughts?

Spoiled
August 30th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Cry Baby has never been outside before and since we are in a new house I do not know if he can find his way home.

Cats have been known to want to go back to their old houses. Have you driven along the road and watched in the ditches?

OK, cats hide in the weirdest of places. Have you checked these places?

In the house:

Under beds
In boxes
behind boxes
In drawers
The bottom of shelfs
Behind dressers
Behind water heaters, furnaces, or other equipment
Behind couches
Bags
Fridges

In yards:

Sheds: other people's or your own
Under decks
Empty rain barrels
Bags
Boxes
Hedges
Bushes
Flower gardens
Trees (the cat would be in it)
Under trucks or cars
In the underneath of trucks or cars
Storage boxes

In the garage:

Shelves (in or behind)
Large pieces of equipment
Storage boxes
Large freezers ( :eek: )

Usualy places are hidden, dark, and cozy.

I hope this cat had his shots and had his ID tags on. Maybe he is even lucky enough to have a tatoo and microchip. I really hope you find him.

Princesss04
August 30th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Thank you so much he is UTD on all his shots and is fixed and is micro chipped. I have contacted all the shelters and vets in the area. The shelter is at the house as we speak putting out an humane trap with his food in it. We have made posters and placed them up and my dad is on his way up and we are going to pass out posters to all the neighbors. We have printed 500 so out we go to all the houses within a 5 mile radius to start out with. We have been everywhere looking. We are leaving the big door open and we are going to sleep in a tent outside tonight to see if we can get him (if it is him coming up to eat) thank you for all the places to look. I am goign back home to look in all those places tonight and we are getting with the neighbors to check under their porches and houses and in their sheds. We did some of that yesterday but we are going to do more today. Any more ideas are appreciated I have to get my baby back.

chico2
August 30th, 2004, 05:39 PM
He probably was spooked when your friend came to stay and you were going away.Cats find amazing hidingplaces,search every inch of the house and listen for the slightest noise.
Drawers,cubby-holes anything you think he could have squeezed into...if he is outside,he is more than likely hovering under someones stairs or deck.
Go out after dark and shake his favourite treat-bag while calling his name.
If he is an indoor cat,he more than likely would not be familiar with your old house.
One of my cats were gone for hours once and we found him behind the freezer,not being able to get out.
Turn everything off and listen very carefully in every room,he could be stuck somewhere...
I understand how you feel and hope you find him soon :(
Not that anything can be done about it now,but why would your friend leave the door open and not make sure the cat was somewhere safe first :confused:

krdahmer
August 30th, 2004, 06:07 PM
So sorry to hear about this ordeal...I can think of one other suggested hiding place, I found one of mine there once, take out all your dresser drawers as there is a small (cat size) space in the dresser and behind the drawer. And I will have you and your little guy in my prayers.... :o

goldenblaze
August 30th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Hope everything worked out well what a thing to go through, has this cat been found I see this thread was an older one?
Hope it is good news

Writing4Fun
August 30th, 2004, 07:02 PM
I'm very sorry to hear what you are going through! I can't offer any more advice than you've already received. But I can tell you that when we moved into our new house our cat went missing for 2 days! He had managed to squeeze himself under the sofa in the basement in his panic, and then couldn't get back out! It was only when my dad was sitting right on top of him and heard him meowing that we realized where he was. I'm betting your story will have a similarly happy ending! :D

Princesss04
August 31st, 2004, 10:31 AM
Well, here is the best update I can give everyone. Last night my dad drove up (3 hours) to help me look for the cat. I made up flyers (120) of them and we passed them out and talked to many people. We did this until about 10:00 p.m. and than at 11:30 we get a phone call that the man down the road has seen our cat. I guess Cry was in this man's garage eatting some of his cat food. The man said it looked just like him and than he called his name and Cry stopped and looked at him like hey how did you know that man??? Cry kept looking at him and the man approached him and Cry ran. The man went after him to see where he was going so he went back and called us and we went over there and yelled and called him but nothing. But, he could have been long gone by the time we got there. We had to talk to some of the neighbors to see if we could be in their back yard with flashlights looking around so we ended up with 10 people put there looking for my cat.(it is amazing how many people will help when there is money involoved. So we set the humane trap and we caught a cat but not ours. So the lady from the shelter was coming to pick him up. I miss my baby so much I just want to have him home and safe. When he does come home I know we will have to get him right to the vet to be checked what all should I have them check for? Thank you all for your help you all have such big hearts.

chico2
August 31st, 2004, 11:05 AM
Aww Princess,I am so sorry for you and Cry-baby,maybe your dog could sniff him out,do you take the dog along when you look for him?
Maybe your neighbor who saw him last can put out a trap in his garage,he might come back there,since there was food...
Best of luck to you and Cry-Baby :)

Spoiled
August 31st, 2004, 11:10 AM
OK, it is good that you at least have an idea that he is outside and not far away. Better than not knowing where he is (in the house or not), right? I forgot to mention, I've heard of putting an artical with your scent outside in the yard. This can lead the cat home.

Princesss04
August 31st, 2004, 11:43 AM
I will put something out today on my lunch break and than something else after work. I hope that the cat that the neighbor saw was him. :) If the neighbor set a trap for Cry than he would catch all of his cats. I think he has like 12 that are in and out of the garage. They are all strays that come and go he just feels bad for them and feeds them I think. Thank you Spoilied for all your help and great ideas.

Spoiled
August 31st, 2004, 11:50 AM
No problem. I understand what it is like to lose a cat and never find it and never know what happened to it. I have gone through it two times and now I know I will never get another cat and let it go outside. My cats will all be indoor if I ever get another one.

Princesss04
August 31st, 2004, 11:56 AM
That is the whole thing he is an indoor cat. Has NEVER been outside in his life. We had him since he was born until now. But I agree you should never have and outside cat. What is the point of a pet if he lives outside. I have never gotten that. But, as far as all my pets they are all inside full time.

sammiec
August 31st, 2004, 12:00 PM
Oh Princess! I wish you the best of luck finding Cry Baby! Have you checked under neighbours decks, cars, garages if he's really scared (which I bet he is! :( ) he will try anything to get back inside, weither it's your house or the nieghbours!! I will keep him in my thoughts! I hope your baby is hiding in the closet or something!!

Princesss04
August 31st, 2004, 12:37 PM
Thank you Sammiec for you concern I miss my baby so much. We know he is outside, he is not in the house. We have passed out a ton of flyers and hund up posters. the neighbor thinks he saw him (he saw a cat that responded when he called him but when the man approached him off he ran) I have made more flyers and we are going to hit the neighborhood hard again tonight. Thank you I will keep you all updated.

raingirl
August 31st, 2004, 01:39 PM
Have you thought about getting a "humane trap" for the neighbours house who saw him. If you cat knows there is food there, she will probably go back there.

Princesss04
August 31st, 2004, 02:06 PM
We thought about that but the neighbor has like a million cats outside that eat in their garage as well. So if we set one we will catch all their cats as well. We set a trap outside our house last night and we caught a cat just the wrong cat. So I called the neighbor with all the cats and and it was their cat but now it is at the shelter. So I called the neighbor on my lunch break and talk to her and she was like that is okay they can keep him we have to many as it is. I got home and had five messages on the machine. One said that they had saw the cat and all the other ones said that they have black cats that I can have. I was like I do not want no other cat I want mine. But thank you anyways. If we do not find him but I know we will we are going to go to a shleter and either adopt another puppy or another cat is his honor. You know if he lives save another live. But, we will see I really think he will come home. I mean what is there to do for a male cat that is fixed to do out in the wild. :eek:

debanneball
August 31st, 2004, 02:56 PM
:( It may look bleak right now Princess, but I am sure that eventually you will find Crybaby. He will come home. Everyone is right, leave food out for him, take your dog (who he knows well) along when you look/call him, look under porches, down between homes. Don't give up, afterall you know he is out there. Good luck to you all. :o

Princesss04
August 31st, 2004, 02:58 PM
Thank you I will not give up I know I am going to find my baby. I love him to much just to let him stay out there all alone. Thank you for all your concern. :D

debanneball
September 1st, 2004, 07:26 AM
Morning Princess, today is another day, and this is the first thread I read, just wondering are they any updates on Crybaby, and why did you call him that? :confused:

Iggette
September 1st, 2004, 10:20 AM
Oh I'm so sorry princess......I know you will find your baby soon sounds like he will stick around the neighbourhood I would go out at night alot.....he probably feels safer to come out of hibernation when the hustle and bustle of the neighbourhood calms down, bring a can of food and tap it with a fork hopefully the nieghborhood strays dont all come out though

Princesss04
September 1st, 2004, 10:23 AM
We passed out 40 more flyers last night and we went and sit on the corner of the road to see of we could see him come across. We thought he might go back to the neighbors garage. But we did not see nothing. But, I am not giving up I know we will find him.

We named him Cry Baby because he cried all the time. We found his mom on the side of the road. We feed her once and than she kept coming around. So we contacted the shelter and they said that more than likely she had no home. She had some health problems and things like that. So we took her in and nursed her back to health. Come to find out she was going to have kittens. So she crawled under the house and up under the bath tub and had them. We could not get to them but I kept looking at her chest to see about how many she was nursing. We thought she only had two. So a few weeks later I crawled under the house and crawled back in the crawl space and stuck my hand up in that hole to grab the kittens. I finally got the two we thought she had. So we took them up to the house made her a little place to keep them and thought nothing else about it that day. Than the next day I was in the bathtub and I heard something meowing like crazy I thought what in the world I put a robe on and went back under the nasty house and there was a little black kitten screaming (he thought he was dying) he was laying on the cold muddy ground and had not eatten in about 24 hours. We took him back up stairs and than to the vet and he was fine. We had homes for all the other ones, but I could not bare to get rid of him. So I kept him and the mother. So every time we would open the fridge or a can of any thing he would cry wanting to eat more. So we use to say that he was try to make up for the one day he did not get to eat as a kitten. He has been my baby every since, I know I will find him. I will not give up until I do. Thank you for all your concern and caring. It means alot to have other people that are worried about your pets as much as you are.

SSAC
September 1st, 2004, 03:35 PM
Oh Princess, I do hope you find him. I'm so glad you wont give up.

jan3toc
September 1st, 2004, 09:38 PM
i'm so sorry to hear about cry baby.. i truly hope you find him... i can't even imagine loosing any of my kittens... good luck princess...

Shelly
September 2nd, 2004, 03:18 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your precious cat. :( I pray and hope you will find him soon. Please keep us updated.

debanneball
September 2nd, 2004, 10:08 AM
:p Morning Princess....any luck last night...toes are crossed!!

Princesss04
September 2nd, 2004, 10:27 AM
No, we have walked and called and everything. I am not sure if someone has him in there house or why he is not coming. We set the humane trap again and caught two cats. I can catch everyone elses cats but not my own. I am not going to give up I know he will come home soon. The lady a few houses down called at 10 and said that she had he up in the tree. So she called the fire dept. and they got him down and when I got over there it looked like him. The build and everything but it was a girl. I was so exicited but that is okay we will find him. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers you have been so caring this whole time. I really appreciate it so much. Thanks to everyone as well. I am going to call all the shleter and vets again although they said they would call me but maybe they forgot so I am going to call again. If someone has him in their house will I ever get him back.

krdahmer
September 2nd, 2004, 11:49 AM
Have you thought of putting a picture of him with a missing ad in your paper? That way people will be aware that he is a missing cat and perhaps not try to keep him for their own, thinking he may be a stray? And don't fret, just pray hard and keep hope....(Lord knows I am for ya!!!) Cats are amazing little creatures... they are survivors and have great instincts, so I'm sure wherever he is, he's ok and just missing you too! :o

Princesss04
September 2nd, 2004, 12:50 PM
Yeah we have put an ad in the paper. And passed out a total of 300 flyers and put up big posters and color pictures in every business and all of the place. So we will wait and see what happens. I would be fine if I knew he was okay. I mean he is so afarid of the storms and he hates to be cold at night and he likes to eat all the time. So I would feel more comfortable knowing someone is taking care of him rather than him being out in the open all alone.

jenjen
September 2nd, 2004, 01:20 PM
I know how terrifying it is to have an indoor cat get that gets out.. WHERE ARE YOU? I hope you find this little guy..Hes probably so scared and just wants his mommy. Some people would give it and think it gone by now. Your such a good mom.
I'll tell you a funny story. 2 of my girlfriends had cats that got lost and I Yelled at them telling them to come home, of course all in a joke thinking that these animals would here my cries, but oddly enough they did come home.

I live in calgary and I will yell and Cry Baby to go home. Fingers, toes and paws crossed. Good luck with everything

Cflat
September 2nd, 2004, 01:38 PM
Have you considered consulting a pet communicator? I mean I know it sounds WAY out there but I know someone who found her cat with the help of the pet communicator.

Let me know if you do and I'll get her information. She does it over the phone.

Princesss04
September 2nd, 2004, 02:05 PM
I have never heard of that please explain MORE and get me the info. Thank you so very much for all your help.

Cflat
September 2nd, 2004, 09:37 PM
I've requested the contact information. As soon as I get it I will get it to you. The person I asked for it from found her cat through this Pet Communicator. She can channel thoughts to the pet and relay what the pet is saying. I must say it was quite awesome.

Princesss04
September 3rd, 2004, 10:06 AM
Thank you I am open to try anything. I was driving home from work and I saw a black cat dead on the road. I pull over and I am all crying and I am sure everyone was looking at me like what is her problem. I went over to the cat and could not hardly look. But, when I did I really thought it was him. But I started looking and I could not see any white on his belly so I was all happy. I mean I was not happy that someone's cat was dead but I was happy that it was not mine. That sounds so bad I hope you all do not take that wrong. I got up this morning and I had ANOTHER cat in the humane trap. I can catch everyone elses cat but not my own. I was happy I caught him though. It was a little whits cat, you could see all of his ribs and back bone and he had worms all over the back end of him. So I called the shelther lady again and she came and got him. So at least he will find a good home when he starts feeling better. We will find him I know we will he is just getting me back for getting him fixed so now that he is out he can not have any fun!!!! :eek: See reasons like this is way people need to get their animals fixed even if they are inside all the time. Because, you never know what will happen.

krdahmer
September 3rd, 2004, 01:41 PM
Good point! I hope everyone sees that! And good for you for not giving up and for keeping a positive attitude! And look at all the good you are doing in the meantime! I sure hope that little guy gets home to you soon... :o, he must be missing that big heart of yours! ;)

Cflat
September 3rd, 2004, 01:53 PM
Got the information for you.
I didn't realize that Aunt Julie had a website. I will have to check it out more for myself.

I can say that I know people who have used her and were satisfied. I cannot give you my own opinion as I haven't taken the plunge yet. Somehow I don't think I want to know what exactly my animals are thinking lol.

Good luck to you either way you go.

I hope he shows up soon!

http://petcomm.tripod.com/

Cactus Flower
September 3rd, 2004, 02:03 PM
Just a quick note to say that although you don't see me all over this thread, I check it every day, hoping to read the one where you say your baby came home!

shihtzulover
September 3rd, 2004, 02:09 PM
Same her Princess, its the first post I check everyday. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Princesss04
September 3rd, 2004, 02:31 PM
Thanks to all of you, it is so nice to know that you have a support group that is hoping for the best. You all are wonderful!!! :D

chico2
September 3rd, 2004, 05:09 PM
Aww Princess,I am so sorry you have not found him yet,I too look every day,hoping you'll have some good news..
At least you are catching all the strays in the neighborhood and the little white cat was probably lucky he walked into the trap :D
Don't lose hope,I think we are all thinking of you and your lost kitty.....

SSAC
September 4th, 2004, 12:46 AM
I look forward to the day that I check this thread and see that you've found him. When you do, I will have a big glass of wine for you and cry baby ;)

we feel you pain Princess and keep hoping for Cry Baby's return

Princesss04
September 7th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I got to work this morning and there was a message on the machine and these people said they had Cry so I called them back and no answer so I left a message. Keep your fingers crossed. I will let you all know ASAP! :D

Shelly
September 7th, 2004, 12:12 PM
I was so excited when I logged in this morning and saw that you had posted a very hopeful update. Everyday I come and check to see if you have found him yet. I pray that these people do have Cry Baby and that he will soon be back in your oh so loving and caring arms.

Princesss04
September 7th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Thank you Shelly I will let you know as soon as I know something. I hope so too. I have left his room all the same. Food and everything. :D

Princesss04
September 7th, 2004, 12:40 PM
The gentleman just called me that thought they had the cat and said it looked just like him but when they took him home and started to feed him and take care of him until they could reach me they realized it was a girl. :( But that is okay only a little sit back we will find him soon.

Princesss04
September 7th, 2004, 12:41 PM
The gentleman just called me that thought they had the cat and said it looked just like him but when they took him home and started to feed him and take care of him until they could reach me they realized it was a girl. :( But that is okay only a little sit back we will find him soon.

shihtzulover
September 9th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Any new news on crybaby Princess?

Princesss04
September 9th, 2004, 12:21 PM
No, some one called last night and brought over what they thought was Cry but it was not. I really think someone has him in their house. How will I ever get him back if that is the case. :(

shihtzulover
September 9th, 2004, 12:31 PM
You have probably tried this but what about going door to door with a picture of him.

Princesss04
September 9th, 2004, 12:40 PM
We have passed out over 500 flyers. I do not know what else to do. It is one thing if I know he is in a good home but this not knowing if he is outside or hurt is killing me. Or if he is in someone's house that is being mean to him I just need to know.

glasslass
September 9th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Oh Princess! This is the first time I've seen this thread. I'm so sorry for what you are going though. I'm so glad to see you're staying positive and hopeful. Not knowing is so hard. :o I hope everything works out for you and Cry Baby!

krdahmer
September 9th, 2004, 01:34 PM
So sorry to hear your little one is still missing... <{{{{HUG}}}}>
I know there are a few of us that are always checking this post first, hoping to see some good news! Never give up... you'll find your Crybaby!!! :o

Talking to the neighbours could be a real good idea, door to door like, see if anyone near you noticed him roaming or saw someone take him in.

Continued prayers for his safe return. ;)

Princesss04
September 9th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks to all I know that he will come home he is just out partying eatting all the food he can. I will not give up I know I will find him soon. :)