Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Show

t.pettet
February 15th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Westminster 2010 dog show starting tonight at 8:00 p.m. on Bell Expressvu 525. Introduction of some new breeds, enjoy!:)

Frenchy
February 15th, 2010, 08:42 AM
what channel is it on ? I don't have Bell , I have Shaw .. and just the basic channels :(

DoubleRR
February 15th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Here we can watch it on Animal Planet from 6 pm to 9 pm tonight and tomorrow night. Have been following the breed winners this am on their website, as judging finishes they post the winners.

Frenchy
February 15th, 2010, 10:53 AM
crap I don't get animal planet :cry:

DoubleRR
February 15th, 2010, 01:04 PM
They are beginning to post the videos of the breed judging on the website--so eventually one can see it all online.

Frenchy
February 15th, 2010, 01:33 PM
They are beginning to post the videos of the breed judging on the website--so eventually one can see it all online.

:thumbs up cool , thanks !

Dee-O-Gee
February 15th, 2010, 07:49 PM
With cable, it's on channel 139! :thumbs up

erykah1310
February 15th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Anyone know what channel for star choice?

hazelrunpack
February 15th, 2010, 07:57 PM
How did the English setters do? Not that I'm biassed, mind you :angel: :laughing: Or are they doing group and bis tomorrow?

Dee-O-Gee
February 15th, 2010, 08:10 PM
They just finished hounds and showing small ones right now (Toy Group). Haven't seen the setters yet but I'm watching! :thumbs up So far it looks like their just showing them. Haven't heard whether or not they'll do bis tonight or tomorrow.

hazelrunpack
February 15th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Is it a two-day show, klm?

Dee-O-Gee
February 15th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Is it a two-day show, klm?

Yep, closing night is tomorrow.

Dee-O-Gee
February 15th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Non-sporting and herding are coming up next. It looks like their judging the categories tonight so maybe they'll be doing bis tomorrow. :shrug:

DoubleRR
February 15th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Schedule [aired in Canada on Animal Planet]

NIGHT 1:
Monday, February 15
Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting and Herding Groups
8-9 p.m. (ET) live on USA Network
9-11 p.m. (ET) live on CNBC

NIGHT 2:
Tuesday, February 16
Sporting, Working and Terrier Groups, Best In Show
8-11 p.m. (ET) live on USA Network

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2010/video/breed/index.html

hazelrunpack
February 15th, 2010, 11:03 PM
We don't get the right channels to see it and I'm on dial-up, so I'll need a full report tomorrow, k? :D :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
February 16th, 2010, 05:32 PM
I just posted a picture thread for the show but in case you haven't seen Hazel, the English Setter that one is an Orange Belton named "Red Alert"

Mollie & I are going to watch the finals tonight with extra butter on the popcorn! :D

Frenchy
February 16th, 2010, 05:44 PM
We don't get the right channels to see it and I'm on dial-up, so I'll need a full report tomorrow, k? :D :thumbs up

Me too , I need a report on :

great dane
kelpie (not sure if they're in it ?) :confused:
great pyrenne
pom

and of course golden :D

t.pettet
February 16th, 2010, 05:45 PM
That was the most beautiful coon-hound in the hunting group have ever seen and the guy showing the longhaired chi I hope got sh__ for the way he was jerking its neck everytime he changed direction, talk about collapsing trachae.

Frenchy
February 16th, 2010, 05:50 PM
and the guy showing the longhaired chi I hope got sh__ for the way he was jerking its neck everytime he changed direction, talk about collapsing trachae.

:frustrated: :(

Dee-O-Gee
February 16th, 2010, 06:45 PM
That was the most beautiful coon-hound in the hunting group have ever seen and the guy showing the longhaired chi I hope got sh__ for the way he was jerking its neck everytime he changed direction, talk about collapsing trachae.

Cordmaker (Conrad, I do believe) the Puli was interesting. First time a dog has ever one back-to-back, in a group result

BTW t.pettet; thank you very much for posting this thread! :clap: With all the Olympic hype, I probably would have forgotten about the show! :confused: Thank dawg for remotes! :D

Dee-O-Gee
February 16th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Brittany Spaniel just won best in sport group.

No Setter :(
No Golden. :( Although the Golden did make it to the top 8. :thumbs up

Working dog group coming up next....
great dane and pyrenne in this group Frenchy. :thumbs up

Stay tuned.....:)

Dee-O-Gee
February 16th, 2010, 08:19 PM
OMG Frenchy!!! The Great Dane looks like Marmaduke and is from Thunder Bay, Ontario!!!

The Pyrenees was beautiful but he had brown on his ears? :shrug:

They're still going through the working group.....

Frenchy
February 16th, 2010, 09:08 PM
what's / who's marmaduke ? :o

Dee-O-Gee
February 16th, 2010, 09:21 PM
what's / who's marmaduke ? :o

Marmaduke was a Great Dane in his own comic strip. :crazy:

Then he went on to hit the big screen with Owen Wilson. :thumbs up

Unfortunately, the Dane and Pyrenees didn't make it. They're just finishing up Terriers and then BIS.

Frenchy
February 16th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Unfortunately, the Dane and Pyrenees didn't make it.

:frustrated: I demand a recount :frustrated:

marmaduke ... seeing the cartoon rings a bell :o

erykah1310
February 16th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Yay for the Scottie. :D

ScottieDog
February 16th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Well, it goes without saying that I'm a happy camper tonight. :thumbs up

Yea Sadie. Triple crown! :cloud9:

Now, if the BYBs will just keep their mitts off my breed!

hazelrunpack
February 16th, 2010, 11:56 PM
:laughing:

Congrats, ScottieDog! :highfive: :D

I always worry about the BIS breeds, too :o...always that danger of a fad that'll bring out the puppy mills...especially for the small breeds :frustrated:

Chris21711
February 17th, 2010, 09:33 AM
The Pyrenees was beautiful but he had brown on his ears? :shrug:

Many do, they can also come with gray highlights, not just on their ears but body too.

Here is a pic of a couple of pups from the AKC website:

ScottieDog
February 17th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks Hazel,

What worries me is that the reputable breeders have very few litters and have long waiting lists. People want instant gratification and don't want to wait to get a dog. Scotties have some very bad health nasties--many of which can be eliminated with proper health and genetic screenings. Scotties are not easily found in shelters (thank goodness) and rescues have some very strict rules for adoption. I know, I get denied.:loser: (No fence--my yard floods; while I don't agree with this policy, I can respect the rules.)

People have to know that the cute, prancing black dog in the show ring last night is not a docile lap dog. This is a pure piss and vinegar fireball of a dog. My male had a mouth that would rival a German Shepard's. And, your Scottie will not look like that Scottie. Trust me, mine doesn't--although she is a beautiful girl.:lovestruck:

So for all the people who are thinking that they want a Scottie, here is some advice from a 3-time, nearly 15-year Scottie owner--You do not want a Scottie. Ok.:thumbs up

Frenchy
February 17th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Hazel , there was a new breed at the show (well not only one but ...) the Red and White Setter :

Frenchy
February 17th, 2010, 10:59 AM
here's a better pic , I didn't even know about red and white setters :confused: looks same as brittany spaniel to me :shrug:

t.pettet
February 17th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Toy poodle won for the toy group, the Havanese was shown with the corded coat(ugh) and the pom looked like his rear end was missing alot of coat. The Tibetan Mastiff was gorgeous and the scottie Sadie looked like she was used to getting picked-up and was standing on her hind legs pawing at her handler's legs which is nice that she's not stuck in a kennel all the time but rather a house dog.

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2010, 09:36 PM
here's a better pic , I didn't even know about red and white setters looks same as brittany spaniel to me

Beautiful dogs! I've heard of them before, Frenchy. I think they're an older style Irish setter--if you picture the dogs you posted as solid red, you'll see the similarity to the more common red Irish setter. Brittanys are not typically that leggy.

Blueswalker
February 19th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I found some great pics from the show.. http://msg.com/photos/westminster-2010-dog-show-insider-behind-the-scenes/?page=1 There are some really good looking dogs this year.. but does anyone know what breed this is? http://msg.com/photos/westminster-2010-greatest-dog-poll-finals/slide/6/