Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is this a form of byb??

meggie1425
August 30th, 2004, 09:21 AM
A friend of mine has stray cats in her back yard, which have kittens every year(i think twice a year!!). When these kittens are old enough , they take them and keep them in the garage for a few weeks to get them socalized, then they put up a sign in there front yard, and give them away for free!! so who knows whats gonna happen to these kittens :mad: would this be some sort of form of byb? My aunt also has stray cats in her back yard, but she caught them and got them spayed and neutered. Should i try to convince my friend to do the same??or at least put an adoption fee on these cats? it makes me mad that they are not doing anything to help control the pet population :mad:

Lucky Rescue
August 30th, 2004, 09:35 AM
This is just extreme irresponsibility and unnecessarily adding to the terrible overpopulation of cats.

If you can convince this person to at least get the females spayed that would be wonderful.

MBRA518
August 30th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Well atleast she is trying to find them homes (which hopefully turn out to be good ones) But I agree it would be best to have the females spayed.

Maybe suggest to her that she charge a small fee (say $20-30) for the litter which I'm sure these cats will be having soon and then use the money to pay to have the females spayed. Or have her call a rescue that can help.

Spoiled
August 30th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Have the adopters sign spay/neuter contracts and pay a small adoption fee. If possible, it would be best to spay or neuter the cats before they were adopted and charge the amount of the spay/neuter. These cats could be used as breed stock, sold for a profit, or any other horrible thing if they are just given away for free.