Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

OH Canada

Golden Girls
February 14th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Jennifer Heil earns Canada's 1st medal *silver* WTG Canada :thumbs up

Today's best http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/index.html?assetid=71d74a77-116e-40d9-a4dd-305da3a25b79&cid=rss

Golden Girls
February 15th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I Believe sang by 16 yr old Montrealer Nikki Yanosky AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v0o27BPIIk&annotation_id=annotation_533720&feature=iv
and Annie Villeneuve sang the French Version J'Imagine just as beautiful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G8RYAQXVCM&annotation_id=annotation_732316&feature=iv

Such a shame to be pooping on a great Canadian game. As ALWAYS the usual :clown: complaining, unpatriotic much?
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/2010wintergames/Olympic+ceremony+needed+more+French+Ottawa/2564077/story.html

Who cares about the French BS at the Olympics!

YAHOO Montreal native Alexandre Bilodeau (freestyle skiing) makes history, wins Canada's 1st gold medal on Canadian soil (Language Police Moore must of missed Mr Bilodeau waving the "Maple Leaf" not the "Fleur-De-Lis" flag on the podium.

YAHOO Ottawa native Kristina Groves wins bronze in the woman's 3,000-metre speed skating.

Let's cheer them on ... GO Olympians!

Melinda
February 16th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I haven't watched any of the olympics at all *L* bad me??

Golden Girls
February 16th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Seriously, do you not like the olympics or do you just don't have the time?

Melinda
February 16th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I have all the time in the world, watching it makes me ill, seeing all that money being wasted....it was what? only 2-4 yrs ago that Montreal finally finished paying for their turn to host the olympics? Think of how much better they would have been had they spent that money on health care, childrens educations, even hiring more officers for the spca, cancer research, ms research, aids research.....so many more ways to use the money!! Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way, but even in sportsmanship...does it promote it?? the talk on the radio this morning was that some athlete from france snubbed a winner from canada in some event...nice sportsmanship there....30 tossed out for drugs....a self admitted (former) steroid user who is now a govt. carried the torch.....nice hero to look up to *L* a death already, (man I feel for the parents) maybe I'm just an old crabby menopausal fool *L* but, thats my answer and I'm sticking to it!!!!:crazy:

Golden Girls
February 16th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Sorry I asked :cry: don't hold back ...

:laughing: kidding

Melinda
February 16th, 2010, 08:06 AM
gotta love ya GG!!!!! God bless honest people like you *L* if they had an olympic for dog rescuing , I'd be on your cheering team while you stood up for the gold *L*

Golden Girls
February 16th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I have all the time in the world, watching it makes me ill, seeing all that money being wasted....it was what? only 2-4 yrs ago that Montreal finally finished paying for their turn to host the olympics? Think of how much better they would have been had they spent that money on health care, childrens educations, even hiring more officers for the spca, cancer research, ms research, aids research.....so many more ways to use the money!! Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way, but even in sportsmanship...does it promote it?? the talk on the radio this morning was that some athlete from france snubbed a winner from canada in some event...nice sportsmanship there....30 tossed out for drugs....a self admitted (former) steroid user who is now a govt. carried the torch.....nice hero to look up to *L* a death already, (man I feel for the parents) maybe I'm just an old crabby menopausal fool *L* but, thats my answer and I'm sticking to it!!!!:crazy:Your entitled to sticking with it :p I don't think we (Quebec) have finished paying for the '76 Olympics yet :eek: but we did pitch in 20M for the opening ceremony.

Melinda
February 16th, 2010, 08:33 AM
awwww well isn't Quebec just too too precious......*LOL* geeeesh

Jim Hall
February 16th, 2010, 10:38 AM
whoa!! ever wnoder why everyone wants one then ?

things get built peole are employed
hotles get book same reason
resturaunt, food service . shops streeet vedndors almost every merchant makes money

the venues that get built are then used for other recreational and tourist attractions

yes the gvt doesnt get the money back but everyone else benefits

even NYC who certainly has a lot of tourists bid for a summmer one

Melinda
February 16th, 2010, 11:21 AM
and once "it" gets built.....where do the workers go? the 300 that were trained to build the wooden bleachers, signs, podiums, benches, tables etc...are all unemployed now (see readers digest) yes they do go off now with their carpenters papers...but to no job, at least not for the full 300, venders....buy licences and equipment especially for the olympics and then afterwards...do ya think they'll get the same amount of customers?????.........yes the hostels are allowing people to book rooms...guess who then gets put out of the rooms........the homeless.....the travellers that normally use them.....even the homeless have been put out of their shelters because the rooms/space was needed....just what I've read on peoples pages in facebook from vancouver. so I'm not saying its all truth, maybe just disgruntled workers....who knows, all I know is I hate watching it because of the waste of money, my own feelings, my own opinions

Jim Hall
February 16th, 2010, 11:42 AM
so why do governmenats want them then?

aslan
February 16th, 2010, 11:50 AM
i gotta say that i agree with Melinda. Yes it brings work into the area or increases business so people make money with their left hand. But then with their right hand they're giving it back to the gov't for increased taxes etc to cover the expenses.

I may get bashed for this but i feel the same way about Haiti..for every dollar you give the gov't will match it,, uh duh,, might as well just double what you're giving since you're paying for it anyway. Haiti is a poor country that hasn't really done anything to improve their situation and we're sending money to help, meanwhile each of our countries has it's own homeless problem. And should i point out how many people in New Orleans are still homeless after Katrina with no end in site.

I'm proud of our athletes for the achievements they make, but jeez let the countries that have the venues already built host them. Like when Toronto tries each time to get them,,no idea where in downtown toronto we have ski hills but hmmm maybe i missed something.

Melinda
February 16th, 2010, 12:03 PM
thank you Aslan, you said it better than I could....

Jim, because it brings attention to the govt? it brings in taxes on articles bought including every inch of material from the little staples used in letters to pavement lining the roads.......why else is the govt involved in anything....oh and I work for the govt in a roundabout way......

Melinda
February 16th, 2010, 12:04 PM
sorry GG for disrupting your thread, yes I'm proud of what the athletes acheive , I just don't watch it, my opinion and maybe another thread should be opened if we want to debate? We should leave this one for postings of medals the canadians win *S*:ca::fingerscr

TeriM
February 16th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I am so proud of all of our athletes !!!!!!!!!!!
and my city :D.

Our current weather is more suited to Spring Olympics but we can only do so much and this really is not typical :shrug:.

Yes, I do know there is a downside to the Olympics but I do believe that the organizers have worked very hard to minimize those effects. The Olympics have also been largly responsible for BC's ability to ride out the recent economic downturn with minor effects.

Aslan, Toronto was bidding for the summer olympics not the winter olympics so no ski hill required :D.

On a practical note ... BC tends to be ignored by the Fed Govt. Hosting the Olympics has enabled us to finally have a piece of the pie when handing out some cash. I believe the media distorts the cost of the Olympics by including things like the RAV line (train from airport to downtown) and the rebuilt Whistler highway. Both of those things were very expensive but also very needed. The Richmond Oval was built by City of Richmond and will be converted at the end of the Olympics.

The Cross Country/Biathalon/Ski Jump facility is magnificent and will be continued to be enjoyed by many skiers of the sport. I am one of those skiers and our local option is Cypress for Cross Country or then basically into the Okanagan area of BC. Tons of people will use this facility with the probable exception of the ski jump.

All other facilities are exsisting and only needed minor upgrades which were mostly needed anyway. The athletes village was a bit of a major screwup but it is gorgeous housing on prime waterfront so I am confident that those funds will all work out in the end.

On a non-practical note. I really believe that things like the Olympics are good for the world. Anything that brings us together and bonds is a wonderful thing in these days of horrific world happenings.

TeriM
February 16th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I do also agree that we are heading to hosting Olympics at places that already have the facilities. The high cost of security means that it is very difficult to both build facilites and pay for security and still have an economicaly feasible situation.

This is already apparent in the fact that only three countries have bid on the 2018 winter games so there was not even a process to narrow down .. all the bids will go the the final vote. Korea, France and Germany are the bidders.

Golden Girls
February 16th, 2010, 05:34 PM
sorry GG for disrupting your thread, yes I'm proud of what the athletes acheive , I just don't watch it, my opinion and maybe another thread should be opened if we want to debate? We should leave this one for postings of medals the canadians win *S*:ca::fingerscrNo worries rant away, don't mind me I'll just continue my happy thread :D

YAHOO Edmonton native Mike Robertson won silver in the men's snowboarding cross AND ...

YAHOOOOO0 Another GOLD for Canada WTG Vancouver native Meille Ricker in the ladies snowboarding cross

GO OLYMPIANS GO CANADA :thumbs up

ok Melinda you can go back to your debate sorry for the interuption :mwaha:

3iggys
February 16th, 2010, 05:54 PM
OMG!!!! I haven't such a giggle for a long time. You guy & gals are a hoot. On a few other forums I'm on this thread would have caused a WAR.

I am so glad you all have a sense of humor and don't take it all personally.

I can hardly wait to see what happens next!!!!:thumbs up

Mom of Smokey, Shamus, Giles & Pepper.

Jim Hall
February 16th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Go canada (and the us)
and yeah we all only get hot about furbots

aslan
February 16th, 2010, 07:42 PM
the womens curling team have made it past the first round wooohoooo..

Jim Hall
February 16th, 2010, 08:22 PM
i like curling its so peacefull and contemplative

Jim Hall
February 16th, 2010, 08:51 PM
thw canadians just won a squeaker hockey game 8-0

Melinda
February 17th, 2010, 04:24 AM
No worries rant away, don't mind me I'll just continue my happy thread :D

YAHOO Edmonton native Mike Robertson won silver in the men's snowboarding cross AND ...

YAHOOOOO0 Another GOLD for Canada WTG Vancouver native Meille Ricker in the ladies snowboarding cross

GO OLYMPIANS GO CANADA :thumbs up

ok Melinda you can go back to your debate sorry for the interuption :mwaha:

*L* you crack me up girl!!

Melinda
February 17th, 2010, 07:24 AM
*doing happy dance for GG's medal winners* *LOL*:crazy:

(good thing she loves me *L*:grouphug: )

boxerlover2008
February 17th, 2010, 07:26 AM
I love the winter olympics! It's a great moment that brings countries close together and spreads inspiration across the country as well. What other time do countries band together, other than for war...

Melinda
February 17th, 2010, 07:41 AM
at any disaster you see countries banning together.....so would that make the olympics a disaster? :clown:

Melinda
February 17th, 2010, 08:01 AM
do you know they even had the nerve to make me change channels to watch my american idol????? geeeeesh

Jim Hall
February 17th, 2010, 08:31 PM
ohh poor melinda!!!:candle::grouphug:

any way im gonne root for the womens usa hockey sorrry canadians

at least they showing the wwomens downhill

Tundra_Queen
February 17th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I enjoy watching the Olympics and seeing different countries getting along. It shows kids, my grand daughter, that even though we have different beliefs, speak different languages we can all get together and compete in good sportmanship and in a sport we have in common. It also shows the athletics how other countries live.

I am very proud of our Canadian Athletics!

GG, thanks for starting this thread!

OMG!!!! I haven't such a giggle for a long time. You guy & gals are a hoot. On a few other forums I'm on this thread would have caused a WAR.

I am so glad you all have a sense of humor and don't take it all personally.

I can hardly wait to see what happens next!!!!:thumbs up

Mom of Smokey, Shamus, Giles & Pepper.

Who is Shamus? That is my son's name. LOL

Debbie

Luvmypitgirls
February 18th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Oy, many foreign nations are calling this the "worst olympics ever!"

Personally I have mixed feelings about the Olympics, I'm of course proud of what our athletes achieve, but I still find it one of the most sexist events ever.

They give the men lugers the women's start spot, and then move the women's start..(where they head right into a wall...yeahhh way to go), the IOC saying it can't start the women from the men's start because it's too dangerous....ummm....it was the ORIGINAL woman's start! Our girls have been doing their practice runs from that point for some time.
What it boils down to, is they (the IOC), can't allow the women to start from the same start point, because God forbid, a woman matches or betters one of the men's time.:mad:

Anyone watch the womans hockey game between Canada and Sweden? 13-1!
Did anyone else notice that Swed chick taking a swing at one of our players heads after the whistle? Wow what gracious sportmanship! Our girl just ducked it, then shrugged her shoulders and laughed....I was very proud of her for that.

Melinda
February 18th, 2010, 02:36 PM
isn't it wonderful how it teaches our children to be better sportsmen....*LOL* "it doesn't matter if you win or lose as long as you had fun"....................

Jim Hall
February 18th, 2010, 09:23 PM
lol womens hockey taking a swing way to go!!!

damn the men lost somepoints tonight

Luvmypitgirls
February 18th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Another Gold, in the 1000 longtrack speedskating. We Canadian women can kiss a$$ when we want to!:D

Jim Hall
February 18th, 2010, 10:30 PM
yeah we always know you canadian girls were fast :cool::lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
February 18th, 2010, 10:53 PM
yeah we always know you canadian girls were fast :cool::lovestruck:

LOL Jim yeah and we know how to skate too! LMBO :laughing::laughing:

Golden Girls
February 20th, 2010, 11:21 AM
do you know they even had the nerve to make me change channels to watch my american idol????? geeeeeshI too searched for American idol & felt ill when I seen the Best in Show on, thank DAWG for remotes!

Golden Girls
February 20th, 2010, 11:33 AM
(good thing she loves me *L*:grouphug: )Ya only because you mostly agree with me :frustrated:

You are right about the cribbling bills & corruption, what isn't though :shrug: With all the troubles in our world it's awesome to sit back & cheer on athletes who come together to compete for their country.

The very reason I watch SYTUCD USA/CDA & American Idol - young people excited, motivated, ambitious, focused to try and become a danse/singer phenomenal star, so much athleticism/talent over being in front of their computer or TV's or partying on a Friday night

It's fun to rant :rolleyes: but I have some more bragging to do :D

Quebec native Marianne St-Gelais sakes to SILVER in the 500m Speed Skating, WTG

London native Christine Nesbitt skates to GOLD in the 1000m Speed Skating, WTG (:goodvibes: for tomorrow's 1500m event)

Manitoba native Jon Montgomery slides to GOLD in the men's Skeleton, WTG

Suks to lose a point in that shootout :( Looking forward to tmrw's hockey game against the US ( :cloud9: Montreal native Martin Brodeur IS the best :cloud9:)

:goodvibes: Go Canada Go :goodvibes:

Jim Hall
February 20th, 2010, 03:53 PM
MR Broduer palys for the jersey dvils ya know

Tig's mom
February 21st, 2010, 02:53 AM
Todays Women's Giant Slalom (Super G) was unbeliveable.
Only 15 out of the 53 women completed the run. That is very sad.
Plus, I guess they only had one hour to look at it. Even though lots competed in DownHill,
(which was pretty much the same run, with added flags, for turns, it must have been
scary.

Golden Girls
February 21st, 2010, 08:36 AM
MR Broduer palys for the jersey dvils ya knowyep for 16 yrs, still a :ca: though :D

Golden Girls
February 22nd, 2010, 08:15 AM
Todays Women's Giant Slalom (Super G) was unbeliveable.
Only 15 out of the 53 women completed the run. That is very sad.
Plus, I guess they only had one hour to look at it. Even though lots competed in DownHill,
(which was pretty much the same run, with added flags, for turns, it must have been
scary.I watched some of the reruns, pretty scary :eek:

The Cdn/US hockey game was brutal to watch. Congratulations to US on getting a by to the quarterfinals :) hopefully we shall meet again :D

Ottawa native Christine Graves adds a Silver to her Bronze collection WTG

Jim Hall
February 22nd, 2010, 09:15 PM
oh damn i ,iised the gs wow thats a lot to dq you guys build tough courses good for you the super g was a riveter too

ahh now thats what i like the ice dancing it flows like dance instead flow stop toss flow stop jump

Golden Girls
February 23rd, 2010, 08:11 AM
Canadians Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir wins GOLD in the ice danse event
Video highlight, stunning performance
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/index.html?assetid=dd34d664-d55e-4f19-ace0-e8d9a49a1f89

Dog Dancer
February 24th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Blew that last one. My son and his girlfriend live right downtown Vancouver and are really enjoying the Olympic spirit. They ran into Alex Bilodeau (sp?) the other night and said he was quite a lot of fun.

My son is the fella not wearing a gold medal!:D

Melinda
February 24th, 2010, 08:01 PM
what a handsome son!!!!! Hubby was impressed with this picture, thanks for sharing!!

Dog Dancer
February 24th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks Melinda, I'm partial to him... They really are enjoying the Olympics though, other than the 2 am drunken singers of "O Canada" that is.

Golden Girls
February 25th, 2010, 07:26 AM
My son and his girlfriend live right downtown Vancouver and are really enjoying the Olympic spiritAwesome sooooo many people are excited & enjoying the games. Of course there will always "downers" :rolleyes: kidding Melinda :p

Great photo, thanks for sharing!

Ashleigh McIvor of Whistler BC has raced to gold in w's skicross

Clara Hughes of Winnipeg MB wins bronze in w's 5,000m speedskating

Canadian w's relay team Tania Vincent of Laval Qc, Jessica Gregg of Edmonton AB, Kalyna Roberge of St-Etienne-de-Lauzon Qc & Marienne St-Gelais of St-Felicien Qc wins silver in 3,000m short-track speedskating race.

Kaillie Humphries of Calgary AB & Heather Moyse of Summerside PEI wins gold in w's two-man bobsleigh while teamates Helen Upperton of Calgary AB & Shelley-Ann Brown of Pickering Ont finished with a silver.

Canada m's hockey won both Germany & Russia in back-to-back games :thumbs up

Canada now face Slovakia in Friday's semifinals while US faces Finland :goodvibes:

Canada's w's hockey go for gold against US today :goodvibes:

7 6 2 = 15 so far :highfive:

:goodvibes: :ca: :goodvibes:

Melinda
February 25th, 2010, 08:25 AM
*hands on my hips* are you calling me a downer GG *LOL* come on girl, put up your dukes.....*LOL* ok ok , I'm proud of all of the athletes , just don't like seeing money wasted, but its nice to see we are playing nice to visiting athletes, their coaches, trainers, entourage by giving all of them free dental while they are here.....free medical no matter what the promblem, existing or new....Ottawa Sun really has it in for them by posting all that.

on with the games *LOL*:thumbs up

*still love you GG*L*

Love4himies
February 25th, 2010, 08:47 AM
WAY TO GO CANADIAN LADIES!!!!!!

Wow are the ladies sweeping the podium with the medals!!!!

Come on men, time to catch up.

aslan
February 25th, 2010, 09:57 AM
we also have both the mens and womens curling teams going for gold.:thumbs up

Love4himies
February 25th, 2010, 10:01 AM

Yup, and the Ladies Hockey :thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up, they should get Gold.

Chris21711
February 25th, 2010, 10:03 AM
WAY TO GO CANADIAN LADIES!!!!!!

Wow are the ladies sweeping the podium with the medals!!!!

Come on men, time to catch up.

To date the women have won 11 1/2 medals, men 3 1/2.....the 1/2 being in the skating duo.

Don't forget the Womens Hockey tonight at 6:30pm against the US :thumbs up

Golden Girls
February 25th, 2010, 10:08 AM
*hands on my hips* are you calling me a downer GG *LOL* come on girl, put up your dukes.....*LOL* ok ok , I'm proud of all of the athletes , just don't like seeing money wasted, but its nice to see we are playing nice to visiting athletes, their coaches, trainers, entourage by giving all of them free dental while they are here.....free medical no matter what the promblem, existing or new....Ottawa Sun really has it in for them by posting all that.

on with the games *LOL*:thumbs up

*still love you GG*L*Debbie Downer your not :) I understand what your saying and your right but on with the games :thumbs up *LOL* still love you too :2huggers:

Melinda
February 25th, 2010, 10:12 AM
*deciding whether to throw a curling "rock" at her or just kidnapping sushi*

Golden Girls
February 26th, 2010, 08:45 AM
*deciding whether to throw a curling "rock" at her or just kidnapping sushi*Not the curling rock :eek:

SO, W's hockey, Canada beats US for gold WTG

A moving and inspiring medal-winning performance from Joannie Rochette, Ile-Dupas PQ win's silver in figure skating
:rip: Therese Rochette :(

I'm missing medal somewhere :confused:

Dog Dancer
February 26th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Didn't Joannie win bronze?? She did wonderful given the circumstances she was dealing with. I am so impressed with her.

I have to say the entire Canadian team has impressed me. I wish they didn't feel they HAD to win for us to be proud of them. There was one lady who was crying because she didn't medal and she'd let the country down. WHAT??? No way. You do your best and I'm proud of you (I guess that's the mother in me...)

Now if I could just find four pairs of adult red mitts to send to Italy.

Golden Girls
February 26th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Your right a bronze :)

Golden Girls
February 27th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Oh, what a night! Canadian Olympians grab 4 medals woo

Charles Hamelin, Ste-Julie PQ wins 2 gold's in m's 500m short-track skating & the other in the 5,000m relay.

Teamate Francois-Louis Tremblay wins bronze

I had no idea what curling was about, intrigued I watched the event. By the end I figured out it's purpose, to my surprise enjoyed it. It was soooo intense! WTG Cheryl Bernard and teamates Susan O'Connor, Carolyn Darbyshire and Cori Bartel for winning a goldish silver :thumbs up

Melinda
February 27th, 2010, 07:25 PM
:crazy: and it all ends tomorrow....woo hoo *LOL*:party::ca: (making my plans to kidnap sushi)

Dee-O-Gee
February 27th, 2010, 08:00 PM
So tomorrow...the big hockey game. :clap: Someone sent me this today and thought I would share;

"Our Father, who art in Vancouver, Hockey be thy name. Thy will be done, the gold will be won, on ice, as well as thy stands. Give us this day, our hockey sticks, and forgive us from our penalties as we forgive those who cross check against us. And lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to VICTORY!!! In the name of the game Amen."

May the best team win! :thumbs up

Dog Dancer
February 28th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I was sooo disappointed that the lady curlers lost the gold, they were so close. It was interesting the other day during the ladies hockey game when the US looked so dejected at silver, the commentator was saying, you don't win silver you lose gold. She said the team would rather win bronze because it means you go out on a winning note rather than having lost. It makes sense sadly. But silver is wonderful!

And yes, may the best team win today (can't wait, is it noon yet???), and hopefully it will be Canada... Go Canada!

No hard feelings to my American friends on here. I'll be disappointed if Canada loses, but I won't hold it against anybody. I just hope the rowdies downtown behave themselves this afternoon :pray:

14+kitties
February 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
The men's curling added another gold last night. It was so touching to watch the last end. With only a few rocks left the crowd broke into Oh Canada. The Canadian skip had a hard time controlling his emotions. Me - I watched with tears in my eyes. So heartwarming. They waited for the anthem to be over before resuming the game. What a great job they did!!! Eight years ago Kevin Martin got silver by a very small margin. Nothing wrong with a silver! Now he has the gold to go with it!! Redemption for them!!

Golden Girls
February 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Kevin Martin, Edmonton AB and teamates John Morris, Marc Kenney & Ben Hebert win's gold in m's curling.

Dennis Morrison, Fort St. John BC, teamates Lucas Makowsky, Regina Sask & Mathieu Giroux, Montreal PQ win's gold in m's long-track speed skating.

Jasey-Jay Anderson, Mont-Tremblant PQ win's gold in the m's parallel giant slalom snowboard event.

Canada set for intense rematch with U.S. puck drops at 3 pm

:goodvibes: GO :ca: GO :goodvibes:

shirley1011
February 28th, 2010, 01:46 PM
So glad to hear that Joannie Rochette will carry the flag for Canada..such courage to continue on after such a personal loss of her mom. Super choice !!

Love4himies
February 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM
yahoo we won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs up:highfive::D

Golden Girls
February 28th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I got such a heart attack when the US scored with 24 seconds I had to wak away omg what a game!

CONGRATULATIONS :ca:

14G 7S 5B

That's the way to end an Olympic Event!

Love4himies
February 28th, 2010, 04:59 PM
So glad to hear that Joannie Rochette will carry the flag for Canada..such courage to continue on after such a personal loss of her mom. Super choice !!

I just about cried when I read that. I am so happy, she has shown such composure during this horrible time in her life, what a lady!

Love4himies
February 28th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I got such a heart attack when the US scored with 24 seconds I had to wak away omg what a game!

CONGRATULATIONS :ca:

My heart dropped when that happened too.

Love4himies
February 28th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I was sooo disappointed that the lady curlers lost the gold, they were so close. It was interesting the other day during the ladies hockey game when the US looked so dejected at silver, the commentator was saying, you don't win silver you lose gold. She said the team would rather win bronze because it means you go out on a winning note rather than having lost. It makes sense sadly. But silver is wonderful!

Silver is wonderful :thumbs up. Both teams played so well. I do have to say that the Swedes did seem to play more strategically than the Canadians. Their experience really showed. As the Canadian team matures, they will be accumulating quite a few world championships.

Melinda
February 28th, 2010, 06:05 PM
*disconecting my phone in case GG calls again to yell "we won we won" * *LOL*

Love4himies
February 28th, 2010, 06:15 PM
*disconecting my phone in case GG calls again to yell "we won we won" * *LOL*

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

dollface
February 28th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Very proud to be ▌♥ ▌right now!!! :D

It felt bad for team USA women's when they were crying, but a silver is better than a bronze. A bronze medal is worth only $3.54, and a gold medal is worth $254, I didn't catch what a silver is worth but I'm sure it's somewhere in the middle :laughing:

Jim Hall
February 28th, 2010, 09:39 PM
terrific games the venues were fantastic the atheletes superb

you did your selves proud

Dee-O-Gee
February 28th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Gotta love the closing Ceremony....dancing mounties and Kayaks to flying moose & beavers! :crazy: :D :laughing:

What a great country we live in eh? :ca:

It was a great ending to 17 days but the best of the entire games was the athletes that made it happen. :thumbs up

Hats off to all of them. :thumbs up

Chris21711
March 1st, 2010, 08:42 AM
Gotta love the closing Ceremony....dancing mounties and Kayaks to flying moose & beavers! :crazy: :D :laughing:

Hey, you forgot NEIL YOUNG :yell:

Hats off to all of them. :thumbs up

That's for sure :thumbs up

Dog Dancer
March 1st, 2010, 10:55 AM
Well needless to say like many of you we were thrilled with the hockey win. I had to tell my hubby last night though that the greatest thing about the Olympics, despite how so many felt it was a waste of money, was how it has brought this entire Country together. How proud are we as Canadians and not afraid to show it right now!! Have you ever seen so much pride?? Have you ever seen so many flags?? For better or worse it has brought out the best in most of us. Never mind the medal counts, this is what I will remember most about these Olympics. When the world is in a terrible funk from the economic crisis - it gave us Canadians something to cheer about.

Golden Girls
March 1st, 2010, 12:35 PM
*disconecting my phone in case GG calls again to yell "we won we won" * *LOL*I also called to let you know officially the olympics had come to an end eh :D

This was a pretty nice speech

John Furlong, Chief Executive Officer of the organizing committe - his final words: "Canadians, you joined each other and our colourful international visitors in common celebration ? radiant, jubilant, spontaneous, peaceful," VANOC CEO John Furlong said during his speech.

"For us, you were the wind beneath our wings. You did not just cheer ? rather you lived every glorious moment as if you yourselves were competing for gold.

"You were the bench strength we had hoped for ? the difference-makers at these Games."

The Olympic flame went out Sunday, but organizers hope the national spirit it ignited doesn't follow suit. Furlong said he hopes that passion remains.

"The Games will have many wonderful legacies. I wish but for one," he said in his final words.

"That every Canadian child - be they from Chicoutimi, Moncton, Grand Prairie, Squamish or Niagara Falls - will have the chance to grow up to experience the pleasure of sport ? no one left out. And that we of the global Olympic family will not rest until the right of every child to play across this planet is secured." :thumbs up

O'Hara focused on the supposedly unflagging politeness of Canadians, with jokes about Canadians' proclivity for apologizing

I'm sooo very proud to be a Canadian.

oh ya and I'm sorry eh :D

Luvmypitgirls
March 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM
Another Gold, in the 1000 longtrack speedskating. We Canadian women can kiss a$$ when we want to!:D

:eek: that was supposed to say KICK a$$....not kiss a$$, :o...

Dog Dancer
March 1st, 2010, 02:58 PM
Well we can kiss a$$ too when we need to... :laughing:

Luvmypitgirls
March 2nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Well we can kiss a$$ too when we need to... :laughing:

:laughing::laughing:..yes true true...lol.

chico2
March 2nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
We too are proud Canadians and think the Olympics was great,being retired we watched everything and miss it now..:(
Also being Swedish,I cannot help but cheer for Sweden too,Sweden got 11 medals with a population of less than 10 million,not too shabby!!