Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Hawk in my Magnolia-tree..

chico2
February 11th, 2010, 05:09 PM
The tree is really close to my bed-room window,so I managed to get a half-decent pic of him,he comes every day for brekki.
There is also a huge one that comes around,but my camera is not good enough to get a pic..

hazelrunpack
February 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Looks like an immature Cooper's hawk, chico! Is it just a little smaller than a crow?

chico2
February 11th, 2010, 05:21 PM
You know,with his feathers all fluffed against the cold,he looks big,,
When he flies he looks big,but he probably is smaller than a crow,nice striped tail-feathers.

hazelrunpack
February 11th, 2010, 05:43 PM
From the rounded look to his tail, I'd say it's a Cooper's hawk. A sharp-shinned would be about the size of a pigeon and the tail would be squarer. So...does he have much luck at your feeders, or are they onto his routine? :o

angeldogs
February 11th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Beautiful bird.

chico2
February 12th, 2010, 09:44 AM
The only birds that seem to be dumb enough to stick around are the Morning-Doves:(,all other birds disappear.
The Hawk is very,very patient.
The Squirrels kind of freeze on the spot,but this Hawk probably could not manage a feisty Squirrel.

Chris21711
February 12th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Being the expert that I am :laughing:...j/k...I think it is a Cooper's too. I see a lot of Hawks, I'm glad though that they don't go for my Birdies, I know it is only nature, but I would be real upset to witness a birdies demise :(.....Good pic Chico considering you took it through the window).

:offtopic: I hope you are feeling somewhat better Chico.