Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Haircuts

TacoGrl
February 11th, 2010, 03:58 PM
So, I saw an ad on Craigslist for people to come and get a free haircut at Supercuts. I was skeptical of course :rolleyes: , but it turned out to be legit...the place has students taking their final test (most have been styling hair for at least a year). I was surprised at how professional everything was...the tester/instructor sat there with the student to make sure nothing got "lobbed" off and offered assistance when needed, then she did a final check of the cut and I was gone. Both ladies were wonderful! Oh and the haircut was AWESOME! :thumbs up She took her time to make sure it was good and she actually cut to my natural waves...it has been a LOOOOONG time since I have had a stylist do that!

I almost didn't go, but I figured worst case, my hair would grow back LoL!

Dog Dancer
February 11th, 2010, 11:53 PM
I hope you got her name and number for when she's certified! Good job.

growler~GateKeeper
February 12th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Great find :thumbs up

I hope you got her name and number for when she's certified! Good job.

My thoughts exactily :D

TacoGrl
February 12th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Yup...I did! :thumbs up

It was a lucky lucky day!

ancientgirl
February 12th, 2010, 10:34 AM
That's great! My niece is actually in cosmetology school. She's going to get certified in a couple of weeks and I can't wait! Sometimes students are really the best way to go!

TacoGrl
February 12th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I agree AG, students still love to do the work and they are careful...they haven't gotten jaded yet LoL!

I paid $100 at a salon a few years back thinking I would be getting something special..it looked like crap...I had hairs sticking out places and voids...the salon actually said I was too picky :rolleyes:

BenMax
February 12th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I 'used' to have long, beautiful hair. While at the salon, I was approached by the owner and asked if I would consider being a hair model at a convention. I was honored.

After the ordeal, I came home with frizzy, hacked up short hair which has never grown to those lengths again and I look back fondly on 'those days' of wonderful long hair.

I trust no one anymore...except my regular 'hair lady'..who cuts it the same way all the time. I am still not satisfied but at least it's a bit more decent than it was.