Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my pup might have a bit of an obsession

kitten_kaboodle
February 11th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I think my puppy has a bit of a bad habit. shes finished teething now but she still bites like a nutcase. she lunges at my face when shes excited. its nothing agressive but it still hurts. also she constantly licks my chest and my arms and my face non stop. she bites feet, arms faces, hands, and its starting to get painful. how do i stop her? ive tried yelping but she just gets more riled up. ive tried shoving my hand down her throat but she thinks im playing. how can i stop her without hurting her?:shrug:

Macomom
February 11th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hello kitten_kaboodle,

Here are a few links to threads that might help.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=67952&highlight=mouthing
This thread contains other links in it as well.

Btw, please excuse the other poster. Their rude behavior does not speak for all the members of this forum. :(

Bailey_
February 11th, 2010, 04:43 PM
It's not an obsession; she just wants to play. Puppies will bite and lunge as much as they can, especially when they get a reaction.

How much excercise is she getting, and how old is she?

marko
February 12th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks members for stepping up and reporting this rudeness!

To the rude member here - Newbies ask questions because they need answers; if snarkiness and attitude is the only reply you can give...please don't reply.
Before YOU knew the answer - YOU were ignorant as well but nobody made you feel bad about it.

Please let's move on and continue to help KK and do NOT reply here (about the rudeness) but feel free as always to PM me.

Thx - Marko Admin

Jim Hall
February 12th, 2010, 09:31 AM
u can try a couple of things

have a toy handy toplay with

or simply say no and get up

Pink-ET
February 23rd, 2010, 07:12 AM
My puppy does the same and it is just play. I have only had my puppy for a little over a week but it has become clear that she only does this when she is super excited and so I NEVER pick her up or put my face near her when she is having a crazy half hour.

Second, about the licking, i think they like the saltiness of your perspiration, and each time I have caught her licking my toes and chest as she does, I take her to her water and she laps it up.

Marty11
February 23rd, 2010, 09:28 AM
Hi there, I just raised two terrier pups and had the same thing happen. You will work through it, distract as much as you can. Puppies will grow out of it. Offer other chew things in place of you. It's not so much just teething but its also rough playing. It's funny cause you should socialize puppies with children but they are a great target for biting and chasing. Mine are just fine now. It's a stage.

Golden Girls
February 23rd, 2010, 09:41 AM
I think my puppy has a bit of a bad habit. shes finished teething now but she still bites like a nutcase. she lunges at my face when shes excited. its nothing agressive but it still hurts. also she constantly licks my chest and my arms and my face non stop. she bites feet, arms faces, hands, and its starting to get painful. how do i stop her? ive tried yelping but she just gets more riled up. ive tried shoving my hand down her throat but she thinks im playing. how can i stop her without hurting her?:shrug:My 7 mth old puppy does the same and has flown literally into our faces in play. Just be consistent and teach her bounderies by gently removing her and ignoring the bad behaviour, it will get better :goodvibes: