Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy Toyz

mummummum
February 11th, 2010, 03:05 PM
As some may know I am going to be a "Bad Auntie" soon :flirt::flirt: to a little guy (Lab/Golden) coming from SOS in Alma, Q. I think he'll be around 12 weeks when he gets here.

So, what's new in super-tough toyz? We're going shopping on Saturday. Likely check the sale at Petsmart and then head to the boutique-y stores. Given that my idea of a fashionable dog decor accessory is keeping the dog food in aluminium trashcan this oughta keep me popeyed and stifling snorts for a few hours.

Melinda
February 11th, 2010, 03:37 PM
why a bad auntie?? I think the number one toy is a kong...

mummummum
February 11th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Oh "Bad Auntie" is an honour and a priviledge. I get to do all the stuff with him you shouldn't do then send him home !!! I get to buy him the toyz GUARANTEED to drive his Momma and Dada round the bend and back !!!! I get to give him treats FOR NO REASON AT ALL!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

angeldogs
February 11th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Oh "Bad Auntie" is an honour and a priviledge. I get to do all the stuff with him you shouldn't do then send him home !!! I get to buy him the toyz GUARANTEED to drive his Momma and Dada round the bend and back !!!! I get to give him treats FOR NO REASON AT ALL!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I like that way of thinking :thumbs up:laughing:

Winston
February 11th, 2010, 04:13 PM
MX3 a Kong is a must! I think the black ones are supposed to be tougher than the red ones??? not sure though!

A must have is a SKINNEEZ..not sure if I spelled that right or not but you can google them! lotsa doggies love those..they have no stuffing in then!!

mummummum
February 11th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Black is tougher huh? Hmmm.. well, I've given them a whole whack of training, toys, bedding, leash/collar stuff, including a puppy-sized red kong but maybe we'll add a black one to the shopping list.

:laughing:I just watched a vid with three JRT's trying to tear apart a Skineez. PERFECT!!! :thumbs up If they can survive JRT's for more than five minutes it ought to last a lifetime. :D

Melinda
February 11th, 2010, 04:36 PM
then you have got to find the elephant/van stuffie Beaglemum bought my dog for xmas....when they bite on it it roars.....a lot....and loud......:frustrated:

aslan
February 11th, 2010, 05:27 PM
oh if you;re looking for strong but annoy mom kinda toys they also have the kong that squeeks now, oh and a must in every pupper household,,the cuz..oh and nylabones, and yup skineeze,,first time pupper leaves it outside and it rains pupper mom will think it's a dead animal. lol...

hazelrunpack
February 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM
The Kongs that squeak need close supervision, though, MMM. They're made for smaller pups, so they aren't very tough. A 12-wk lab might be able to demolish them. Our guys love the black Kongs--and they definitely are tougher than the red ones. They last around 6 months here before the hard use catches up to them. :D When the dogs start being able to nibble off little pieces around the holes, it's time for hazel to bring home some replacements. :thumbs up

Stacer
February 11th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Don't forget about the Cuz and giant rope toys with giant tennis balls attached for rough games of tug o' war.

Oh and Big Mean Kitty, get a Big Mean Kitty. Gotta have a Big Mean Kitty.

Melinda
February 11th, 2010, 07:29 PM
whats a big mean kitty???? is it annoying?(thinking about revenge on beaglemum) or do you mean a real kitty????

aslan
February 11th, 2010, 07:40 PM
really hazel,,the one I brought back when i was at FordGirls was/is tough,tough tough. it's held up to 3 puppers beatin the crap out of it..

MMM with the cuz's tell them to pay attention to pupper and the cuz's feet.

Frenchy
February 11th, 2010, 07:41 PM
My guys were never too crazy about the Kongs :shrug: but Cuzs and skineezs are a hit here !!! :crazy:

Stacer
February 11th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Big Mean Kitties are a stuffed squeeky toy. Skylar loves hers.

http://www.shopfatcat.com/tenascdogtoy.html

mummummum
February 11th, 2010, 08:07 PM
then you have got to find the elephant/van stuffie Beaglemum bought my dog for xmas....when they bite on it it roars.....a lot....and loud......:frustrated:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Now THAT's the way I roll. :D

Ohhhh Beaglemum... where ever did you get this interactive :evil: toy?

mummummum
February 11th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Love the tag line on the Big Mean Kitty advert "our Terrible Nasty Scaries are just begging for an attitude adjustment from your dog" . :eek:

No one dug the Cuz's in my house. Your right Aslan, I'm a little worried about their feets gittin' chewed off. (I adore my friends, they actually believe they'll be able to "keep an eye on him" :laughing:)

A rope tug is a good idea. What about those mini-tires on a rope?

What is that brand of toy that uses heavy-duty canvas. I remember a life preserver, a fire hydrant...ring any bells?

aslan
February 11th, 2010, 08:37 PM
not ringing any bells but in googling it i came up with this,,might be good for when little one is teething..

www.petco.com/product/9705/Multipet-Chilly-Bone-Super-Soft-Canvas-Dog-Toy.aspx

ownedbycats
February 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Got a Cuz for our golden retriever/shepherd cross. She loves the squeaks, and amazingly the feet are still intact. Depending on how much money you want to spend the Tuff stuffed toys are usually worth the money, although teh scorpion didn't last the bone and ring made it almost a year. As a bonus, they squeak, too.

mummummum
February 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Squeaking is verrrry good. And the higher the pitch the better...:evil: We'll keep an eye out for Tuff.

That Chilly Bone looks cool (groaner MMM) but I wonder what exactly is it that makes it a "unique water absorbing sponge....that can be frozen over and over again". Was I napping in science class or is this just really obvious hyperbole?

luckypenny
February 12th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Cuz toys last forever here. Medium size ones have the highest pitch. You'll have to get at least two so when the pup is big enough, like Penny, he can fit them both in his mouth to squeak at the same time :rolleyes:.

My fav...err, I mean the dogs' favorites (take note some of these have multiple squeakers in them :thumbs up):

http://www.renspets.com/index.php/browse/category/id/73ce
http://www.renspets.com/index.php/browse/category/id/73ci
http://www.renspets.com/index.php/browse/category/id/73cn

And there's the wonderful Wubba.

Although not a squeaker, this does make lots of noise when being pushed around the floor or down the stairs :D:

http://www.renspets.com/index.php/browse/category/id/73os

Scroll down here and you'll find the Hard Core Fire Hose toy:

http://www.pooch.ca/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=113&cat=%3Cb%3E%3Cfont+face%3DArial+size%3D2%3EFun+Dog +Toys%3C%2Ffont%3E%3C%2Fb%3E

This line of interactive toys are pretty silent (plastic ones are easier to wash drool off of)...until the puppy starts barking at them to produce more food:

http://www.nina-ottosson.com/DogProducts.htm

My name is LP and I'm a dog-toy-a-holic :o.

mummummum
February 12th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Oh my dawg LP ...you have serious toy issues girl! Hoooozah!

Those interactive toys are great. I don't remember anything like that when the grrrls were pupsters...of course I could try one ....or two...out with Bridie :rolleyes: and that fire hyrdrant might stop Ceili from playing tug o'war with her leash...:D

I think I'd better leave the drastic plastic at home tomorrow or there could be a major meltdown at the counter. :laughing:

Thanks for the links ~ they're great.

(I draw the line at your fave though ~ No Wubba will ever cross my doorstop, they're just too dairn goofy)