Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Moving to the country!

Sib.HuskyMom
February 9th, 2010, 06:29 AM
I just got the phone call saying our offer has been approved and it's a signed deal. We're moving to the country!
DH and I bought a beautiful 2 acre piece of land and plan to build our dream home. The property backs onto forested land, and the entire area is a mixture of rolling farmers fields and conservation forest.
I am so excited. We've been looking for the perfect property for 2 or 3 years and now it's finally ours :D.

I can't wait. Jasper and Timber are going to absolutely love it. I think we'll take them there this weekend so they can start running around and having fun. :D

Golden Girls
February 9th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Awesome, congrat's :thumbs up Can you take photo's this weekend ... for proof :D

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Congratulations, Country Gurlll!!!! :D So when will you make the move?

mummummum
February 9th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Wowzer! :thumbs up What fun for the dogs!

Sib.HuskyMom
February 9th, 2010, 03:44 PM
It'll probably be the end of the year before we move.
Funny thing, we've been spending years searching for the perfect piece of land, but haven't really given much thought to the specific house design (other than it has to be a bungalow, with dog-friendly floors). :thumbs up

The only hard part then will be next winter, when everything is still mud and no fence yet. The boys aren't going to like that. But we're thinking of installing a doggy shower in our mud room, so that should help out! :lightbulb:

Can you believe it? We're gunna be country folk!

TeriM
February 9th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Woohoo, Congrats :thumbs up.

the gang
February 9th, 2010, 07:21 PM
wounderful news, enjoy enjoy, brenda and the pins.

Frenchy
February 9th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I'm so happy for you ! You will looooove it believe me. I was born in Montreal , moved when I was 33 yr old .... to the boonies :D I'll never move back to the city :yuck:

do you have any pictures of your future house that you can share with us ? :goodvibes:

buddingartist
February 10th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Congratulations.

I was born in Montreal, moved to Toronto, back to Montreal, back to Toronto and had been a big city girl up until 4 years ago when we retired and moved to the country.

No more police sirens every ten minutes, planes, and the city noises wow it is absolutely fabulous. Now we are getting used to wild life (skunks, raccoons, gophers, elks, coyotes, porcupines, etc, etc. and I would be kicking and screaming if I had to go back to the big city.

Little haven on earth. Hope you enjoy as much as we do.

Cheers

Love4himies
February 10th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Living in the country is the only way to live :thumbs up I love it.

Are you able to post some pics of your lot? Maybe even pics of the lot with the pups running on it :D

Dog Dancer
February 10th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Congratulations, the grrrls and I are envious of you. I can't wait until we can leave the city too. I agree that pics of the dogs playing on the land are kinda mandatory...:o

My Lodi Girl
February 10th, 2010, 08:23 PM
You lucky dawg!! :dog: :clap: Congratulations! :highfive:

Dee-O-Gee
February 10th, 2010, 08:25 PM
A big CONGRATULATIONS Sib.HuskyMom. All in favor with picture proof! :thumbs up :)

Luvmypitgirls
February 14th, 2010, 07:01 PM
A big CONGRATULATIONS Sib.HuskyMom. All in favor with picture proof! :thumbs up :)

Congrats on your land purchase! that's awesome!

I need to win the lottery so I can buy a massive amount of land, ohhh let's say 1000 acres to start with, so I can build a state of the art Pitbull Rescue.
Kinda like my own personal "DogTown" but it will be called "PitbullAcres".:D

Rick C
February 15th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Congratulations.

Carol and I moved to the country 11.5 years ago. We live southwest of Calgary with the Rockies stretching out in front of us.

It's not necessarily for everyone . . . . . the bugs will probably seem more intense, the dust seems to gather more frequently, it'll probably seem cooler (and hotter) and one of my clients once said, after moving to the country, "the only thing my wife and I could agree on was we had to get the hell back into town."

The absolute silence drove Carol buggy in the first two months but she told me the other day she couldn't imagine moving back to Calgary now.

The country life is the only one Abby has ever known . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_2272-edit1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

bendyfoot
February 15th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Sib.HuskyMom, will you be eating a lot of peaches?:confused:

:D:laughing:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Honestly though, Congrats!

I was a city girl until we moved to the country 5 years ago...and now I'll NEVER be able to live in the city again...it's just glorious out here!!! :lovestruck: