Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Little nervous

Golden Girls
February 8th, 2010, 06:33 AM
My little man is getting neutered today. I know everything will be ok I just can't help but worry. Being a Chin their nose passage is all squished up like a English Bulldog but the vet assured me that's not a problem.

Anyway I'm sitting here waiting till the last minute must be b4 9 AM he's going to be so scared when I leave him there :(

Please send :goodvibes: thanks!

Love4himies
February 8th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Lots and lots of :goodvibes: for him today.

Melinda
February 8th, 2010, 07:20 AM
good luck sushi!! you won't miss them and Brina will still love you! *huggers* to you GG, it will all be ok, you'll see.:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
February 8th, 2010, 09:25 AM
:goodvibes: and bunches of :fingerscr and crossed :pawprint:s sending good luck your way!

I'm a nervous mama for things like this, too! Hang in there, GG! It'll go well and tomorrow he won't even remember he was gone :grouphug:

Golden Girls
February 8th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Wow he was so nervous and trembling :( funny they know when something's up. He's been there a few times and never showed any fear. They will call me when he wakes up but wants to keep him overnight which I don't see why I've already signed his life away and no one's there after 8h30 pm. If he's ok I'm going to try to pick up b4 closing. I pulled 2 dogs from a pound yesterday and had to drop them off to be neutered as well, a blond Lab puppy & flat coat Retriever ... worry worry worry

good luck sushi!! you won't miss them and Brina will still love youHA you want to bet, he was very attached to them, I wonder what he will think the next time he checks :p

Thanks for the good vibes I know it's silly to be nervous

Golden Girls
February 11th, 2010, 07:30 AM
The two rescues are fine and at their foster homes yay

My lil one has thrown up 2 days in a row. I didn't want to give him kibble right away so I made him brown rice with mince meat :shrug: maybe too rich?

I called back the vet and they said to keep him quiet. So on our walks I've kept him leashed to minimize him running all over the place. This is a photo of him on his 1st walk after vet, he seriously could be in a comic strip and one of them together :cloud9:

Melinda
February 11th, 2010, 07:37 AM
*LOL* I love his "impish" look in the first one!! and Brandi's "tolerant" look in the second one, maybe its time for another playdate with Brina, maybe the meat was too rich for the first two days??

Sylvie
February 11th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Oh I know exactly what you mean about being nervous. I went through that yesterday with our foster Sheba. Of course she was fine.

Glad to see your little one is fine also.

P.S. thank you for pulling the other dogs :angel:

hazelrunpack
February 11th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Some dogs get nauseated for a few days by the anesthetic, GG. Sometimes splitting his meals up into smaller, more frequent portions helps. If he's not better by tomorrow, though, you might want to at least touch bases with the vet by phone.

He sure is a cutie! :cloud9:

Golden Girls
February 11th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Thank you ladies, he's way cute. Yes Melinda Brandi is very tolerant as you know he can be anti christ :evil: I began giving him his kibble today with mince meat so far so good. Hazel I'll give him smaller portions, if he throws up again though I will bring him to the vet, thank you.

Oh I know exactly what you mean about being nervous. I went through that yesterday with our foster Sheba. Of course she was fine P.S. thank you for pulling the other dogs :angel:Glad your foster Sheba is good as well. Very sweet to say, thanks for all that you do :)

While at the vet's office a man was there to euthanize his 7 mth old female boxer ... so ya now I have three :frustrated:

we3beagles
February 15th, 2010, 12:56 AM
While at the vet's office a man was there to euthanize his 7 mth old female boxer ... so ya now I have three :frustrated:

OMG! What is wrong with people! Your an angel:angel:

I was so nervous when I took Kobi to get neutered. He has an enlarged heart and the vet in Newfounland didn't want to touch him. My vet was very confident and we got a full body scan of him to make sure, but he was neutered. I was in tears all day waiting. It is so the right thing to do for so many reasons it is always worth a bit of worry though.

hazelrunpack
February 15th, 2010, 09:33 AM
So what was this guy's excuse for euthing his 7-month-old? :rolleyes: She's very lucky you were there! :grouphug: How is she doing?

And how is the little patient? Did his tummy upset resolve okay? :fingerscr

Golden Girls
February 16th, 2010, 07:27 AM
It appeared to me they blamed the dog for having health issues and having to spend money on her. They now have a new "perfect" replacement I'm sure :rolleyes:
I was just at the right place at the right time.

Her name is Sheena. I spoke with her foster mom yesterday who said although challenging it won't long before she's ready for her new furever home. Her spay is tomorrow :fingerscr

The little patient is back to being anti-christ :D thanks for asking Hazel.

chico2
February 16th, 2010, 07:44 AM
GG,WOW you have been busy doing good stuff,the young Boxer had a guardian angel in you,for sure:grouphug:
Love your little munshkin and Brandi is as beautiful and regal as always:lovestruck:

Golden Girls
February 16th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Thank you Chico, I'm happy to see you posting a little more - means you must be doing a little better :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
February 16th, 2010, 02:06 PM
It appeared to me they blamed the dog for having health issues and having to spend money on her. They now have a new "perfect" replacement I'm sure :rolleyes:
I was just at the right place at the right time.

Her name is Sheena. I spoke with her foster mom yesterday who said although challenging it won't long before she's ready for her new furever home. Her spay is tomorrow :fingerscr

The little patient is back to being anti-christ :D thanks for asking Hazel.
Glad to hear it! :laughing: About both of them! :thumbs up