Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

motivational thought for the day

Magicwildwolf69
February 7th, 2010, 10:24 PM
wonder what it is about this time of the year where i think of motivational stuff and things like that i tried a thread last year lets see if i can do it again :)

What is difficult for some people is not difficult for others and the difference is in their attitude. Everything is possible when you believe in yourself and when you blindly believe that it can be done, when you have a burning desire and a stubborn and persistent attitude to succeed

Golden Girls
February 8th, 2010, 06:23 AM
BE the change you want to see in the world ~Gandhi~ :)

Magicwildwolf69
February 8th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Masha
February 8th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Something my grandma would say, which helps when i am feeling stressed:

"This too shall pass" (translation from hebrew/russian)

just googled it, turns out its from an old king solomon story

Golden Girls
February 9th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Not many members with inspiring favourite quotes :shrug:

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
~ Maya Angelou ~

Golden Girls
February 9th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Another one that I like

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony ~ Gandhi ~

Magicwildwolf69
February 11th, 2010, 10:34 PM
well we'll keep going GG :thumbs up

here's one i like

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others. ~Author Unknown

Dog Dancer
February 11th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Your background and circumstances may influence who you are, but you are responsible for who you become.

A true hero is someone who does what needs to be done, when it needs to be done. Regarless of the consequences. (We have some of these on here.)

Equla
February 11th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I forget who said this...

"True love is not found by searching for the perfect person, rather by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

Golden Girls
February 12th, 2010, 08:42 AM
well we'll keep going GG :thumbs up:) Here's one from my :laughing: free therapist ~ Dr Phil ~

"Are you doing what you're doing today because you want to do it, or because it's what you were doing yesterday"

Golden Girls
February 12th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Another good one ...

Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure ~ Oprah ~

Magicwildwolf69
February 13th, 2010, 12:14 AM
I like this one! i have tons of quotes in a little book i'm writting. well just so i can read them try to keep myself upbeat!

He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away. ~Raymond Hull

Magicwildwolf69
February 13th, 2010, 12:16 AM
i like this one too

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

Golden Girls
February 13th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I like this one! i have tons of quotes in a little book i'm writting. well just so i can read them try to keep myself upbeat!

He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away. ~Raymond Hull

Good one :)

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none ~Unknown~

Puppy Chow is better then Prosac ~Unknown~

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but
because of those who look and do nothing ~Albert Einstein ~

Tig's mom
February 13th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I have some,

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." ~ Martin Buber

"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals" ~ Anonymous

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." ~ Roger Caras

"There's no need for a piece of sculpture in a home that has a cat." ~ Wesley Bates

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." ~ Anonymous

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" ~ Anonymous

"To err is human, to purr, feline" ~ Robert Byrne

Sorry I had so many. ( Hope it's ok.:)

Magicwildwolf69
February 13th, 2010, 11:33 PM
go for it tig the more the merrier!!!

here's one for today

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness. ~Author Unknown

Magicwildwolf69
February 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM
ok just for valentines day!

When love is not madness, it is not love. ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca

Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense. ~Mark Overby

To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault

Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. ~Robert Heinlein

Tig's mom
February 19th, 2010, 06:27 AM
"Statistically 100 percent of the shots you don't take don't go in. " Wayne Gretzky.:)

"The most important thing about skating is that it teaches you to do the things you should do before you do the things you want to do. " Barbara Ann Scott

(Quotes from Canadian 'Legendary Athletes)