onster
February 5th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I figured it has been way way too long :o

Bunduk on the tail end of his eye infection but still so cute :lovestruck:

handsome boy

Scratchies we loves them

onster
February 5th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Came back from Guelph and put my stuff down. This is how I was greeted. Bunduk waiting patiently for a cuddle :lovestruck: Onnie waiting not so patiently for his treat :rolleyes: That's a treat drawer that he's scaling in the background there :laughing:

He didn't get any he treats :( On a diet, so went on the hunt :rolleyes:

*Sniff sniff* this seems to have promise :cool: (Those are trinkets I bought from Egypt..haven't taken the to my place yet)

onster
February 5th, 2010, 11:05 PM
WIth starvation on the horizon poor guy had to resort to drastic measures :rolleyes:

and just cuz I like them :D I know theyre silly trinkets and honestly they were the cheapest things I bought (I splurged on a piece of art not pictured), but I like them.

These guys cost me $2 each I think...Dolls from Aswan. I just loved the colours. I know the guy has wonky eyes but what the hey lol...I was going to be another male with half a 'stache...I think the artist mustve forgot to paint in the other half, just for the hilarity of it!!

And my little market people. These were 50cents each or something..of course these are the egyptian prices (not tourist) I got after lotsa haggling and batting my eyelashes LOL. There's the shoe polisher (I got my boots polished in Cairo :D), the fisherman and the ladies in the back are a fortune teller and a tellee?? lol The teller is looking inside a conch shell. All of these are depictions of scenes you can see in Cairo today. There were sooooo many to choose from so I think I'll start me a little collection everytime I visit

And that's alll :)

hazelrunpack
February 6th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Bunduk is looking pretty good now! :thumbs up How much longer will he be on meds?

And Onnie!!! Onnie nomming on paper?!? :eek: Oh, no! He's caught Bunduk's nomming bug! :eek: :laughing:

They're both looking quite handsome :flirt:

Love your little market people! You could end up with the whole village! :D I like that wonky-eyed guy, too! He's got a rather sexy expression :o

:laughing: Yes, hazel doesn't get out enough! :laughing:

luckypenny
February 6th, 2010, 12:41 AM
I figured it has been way way too long :o

You figured right :frustrated:.

But we'll forgive you cuz these pics of Onnie and Bunduk are wonderful :cloud9:. They're both looking great, Onster.

I love the bright colors of your Aswan dolls too :).

ownedbycats
February 6th, 2010, 05:19 AM
I really like those market people, they are wonderful. Whoever maade them did a very good job. If you got them for 50 cents each, you did a good job of bargaining.

chico2
February 6th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Onster,love new pics of the boys,Bunduk no matter what,has the sweetest innocent little face and poor dieting Onnie,must be rough...
I am trying to keep Vinnie on a diet:frustrated:
Glad there is no more runs,besides being seriously ill,the cats having the runs,is terrible.

Frenchy
February 6th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Bunduck is sooo cute while watching you unpack (waiting for his treats :p)

Love4himies
February 6th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I just love the pic of Bunduk greeting you, what an expression :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Poor Onnie, please tell me he got at least one little treat :(

Neat trinkets :thumbs up. It would be cool to have a whole village of them.

14+kitties
February 6th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Aww, Onnie and Bunduk. They are so cute!!! I'm glad to hear Bunduk is almost over his infection. It's tough being sick. He looks like he's put on a little weight too? Onnie needs a treat or two please. :D
Love your little nick nacks. Better watch it or you will be as bad as me. Too much dusting!!! :rolleyes:

onster
February 6th, 2010, 04:53 PM
How much longer will he be on meds?
He's all done but still gets pretty bad eye crusties every time he sleeps that I gonna clean...but other than that he's A-okay :thumbs up
And Onnie!!! Onnie nomming on paper?!? Oh, no! He's caught Bunduk's nomming bug!

:laughing: I know, really one Nommer is enough!

Love your little market people! You could end up with the whole village! :D I like that wonky-eyed guy, too! He's got a rather sexy expression :o

lol, u know I had a hard time finding a man. I kept seeing the female dolls and I even joked with one merchant u know, where are all the guys??? Apparently not much demand for them...then I came across one little stall with lotsa men and I do have to say something charmed me with this guy :D

They're both looking great, Onster.

I love the bright colors of your Aswan dolls too :).

Thank you on both counts!

I really like those market people, they are wonderful. Whoever maade them did a very good job. If you got them for 50 cents each, you did a good job of bargaining.

Weeeeeel....I saw them in the Luxor market. I came across this table with a few men just sitting chilling (not the usual style). I asked how much he said 15 LE (livres egyptiennes, about 5lE = 1dollar) each. Now in egypt the first price is never the real price ;) Also I was rather broke since this was the last day of the trip and I had just bought this one piece for 400LE (which in Egypt is a lot, a whole family can survive on 100 LE a month). Anyhoo I told the guy I'd go around and come back (ie I'd see what the prices are at other places and haggle) and he laughed and said oh I know you will be back cuz you won't find these anywhere else. Surprisingly he was right (usually all the stores side by side carry the same products) and I was back.....but then I was kinda trapped cuz he knows i want them and I cant find them elsewhere :o..but we haggled a bit..he asks how much *I* want them for....then finally he just gave up and laughed and said "just for your pretty eyes you can have the the 3 for 10LE, may God be with me" LOL good job me for applying some eyeliner b4 i went to the market hahahaha...It's all part of the fun of shopping there :thumbs up
Onster,love new pics of the boys,Bunduk no matter what,has the sweetest innocent little face and poor dieting Onnie,must be rough...
I am trying to keep Vinnie on a diet:frustrated:
Glad there is no more runs,besides being seriously ill,the cats having the runs,is terrible.

aww poor vinnie...yeah Onnie is not liking this diet business one bit. He meows pitifully at the treat drawer several times a day :( I am *so* glad the runs are over and done with too!

onster
February 6th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Bunduck is sooo cute while watching you unpack (waiting for his treats :p)

lol i like to think he was waiting for cuddles but ure right he was prolly waiting for treats :crazy::laughing:

Poor Onnie, please tell me he got at least one little treat :(

Unfortunately no:( I'm trying cutting out the treats and still sticking with free feeding and see if that will help at all. When we tried measuring out food (kibble) in addition to the canned he just drove everyone insane. He comes to u in the middle of the night and kinda bites your hands and arms etc...a bit stronger than love bites :o The boy gets hungry enough to eat us apparently :p

Aww, Onnie and Bunduk. They are so cute!!! I'm glad to hear Bunduk is almost over his infection. It's tough being sick. He looks like he's put on a little weight too? Onnie needs a treat or two please. :D
Love your little nick nacks. Better watch it or you will be as bad as me. Too much dusting!!! :rolleyes:

Bunduk didn't gain any weight recently I dont think. He does have a little pooch now on his tummy :o but the fullness around his face and stuff is just cuz my mom had just combed him...usually he more unkempt and thus not as floofy :o

Lol I love the nick knacks tho!!

Macomom
February 7th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Onster,
Your boys are soooo cute.
Bunduk has stolen my heart. He always looks like he is about to get into trouble. :cloud9:
I feel so bad for poor Onnie, having to chew on a binder. :yuck: I say "abuse", clearly he should come and live at my house!

angeldogs
February 7th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Oh Bindulk your such a handsome boy.Onnie is to even though the poor boy is starving.i can see the hunger in his eyes.
I like your trinkets

ancientgirl
February 7th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I love the photo of Bunduk waiting for cuddles. What a good boy. LOL, Onnie looks positively over his diet. Is he meowing at you for food? lol.

I love your trinkets! Especially the painted man and woman.

TeriM
February 8th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Your kitties are so handsome Onster :cloud9:. Looks like Bunduk might have trained Onnie in his evil ways while you were away :laughing:.

growler~GateKeeper
February 23rd, 2010, 12:43 AM
Great 1st pic Bunduk's so cute looking for cuddles :cloud9: & nice capture of Onnie in the treat drawer :laughing:

edwina
February 25th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I missed this post :o
Boys are cute as usual.
I really like the female figure, that is cool. :) I would really like to go to egypt some day, but i dont ever see it happening. :(