Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

4 Days!

Luvmypitgirls
February 4th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I have been a NON smoker now for 4 days! I decided to go on Champix to increase my chances at success, but it takes a week for it to build up in your system. So the past 4 days have been pretty much nothing but will power...and omg it hasn't been easy! But I have several things to help me thru....I haven't drank this much water in 4 days in my life...but hey my skin is loving it lol!
I think the Champix is starting to work, I have only had a couple cravings this morning, and neither of them were too bad. I didn't want to use any aides this time around, but even my doctor said to better my chances it would be a good idea.
I never want to smoke again, I've been doing laundry like crazy trying to get the smoke smell out of our clothes.
So far so good, I look forward to being a non smoker for 5 days....:D

hazelrunpack
February 4th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Congrats, LMPG! :highfive: Good job! :2huggers:

Dog Dancer
February 4th, 2010, 01:06 PM
:highfive: Way to go LMPG! You know for sure you've got all of us pulling for you. Keep up the good work and the positive spirit. You'll make it. Besides, just think that you don't want to stink up all the nice smelling clothes again...

aslan
February 4th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Keep up the good work LMPG, us smokers are pulling for you big time..try chewing on cinamon sticks when you get the cravings.

mikischo
February 4th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Congratulations, LMPG. :highfive: Way to go!:thumbs up Your are showing a great example to those of us who are still smokers. Maybe we will be able to follow in your footsteps one day.

14+kitties
February 4th, 2010, 02:34 PM
WTG LMPG!!! :highfive: Days five, six, seven, eight, etc........ will get easier and easier!! You can expect cravings for a long time afterwards. Even after 7.4 years for me I still get them about once a month or so. Just remember they go away. Good for you!! I am very proud of you!!!

How is hubby doing? :fingerscr

Love4himies
February 4th, 2010, 02:41 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! You are doing great :thumbs up Give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it. ;)

Chris21711
February 4th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Great going LMPG, you're doing a fine job :thumbs up

Keep up the good work LMPG, us smokers are pulling for you big time..try chewing on cinamon sticks when you get the cravings.

:yuck:

Luvmypitgirls
February 4th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Thank you so much everyone! The support is greatly appreciated!
Hubby is doing great too, we are supporting each other as best as we can thru this.
Aslan, I bought two giant bags of cinnamon hearts to suck on!

DVS
February 4th, 2010, 04:00 PM
congrats. I've been smoke free for over 2 years and I remember the first week and how hard it was.

The worst has past now its all about finding other things to do.

Luvmypitgirls
February 4th, 2010, 09:59 PM
congrats. I've been smoke free for over 2 years and I remember the first week and how hard it was.

The worst has past now its all about finding other things to do.

I've "stored up" lots of things to do! I've been washing walls like a mad woman lol. I also went to the craft store and bought some drawing supplies, I haven't drawn anything in a very long time, so I thought now would be a great time to start drawing again.
I'm exercising a lot more too.
I am very determined to make this work, I never want to smoke again.
Another thing I draw on for strength is the arrival of my first grandchild, (they got a due date of August 1st after the ultra sound last week!) I don't want my grandchild to think "her" grandparents are stinky!

Dee-O-Gee
February 4th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I never want to smoke again!

You're granddaughter will love G-MA for this! :thumbs up

Frenchy
February 5th, 2010, 07:56 PM
wooot wooot to you !!! you can do this !

I decided to go on Champix to increase my chances at success,

Not long ago , I met someone who tried it , he had tried many times before with other treatments and said Champix was the only thing that worked for him :thumbs up

TacoGrl
February 5th, 2010, 09:53 PM
:thumbs up

I quit in '95 and I still get cravings now and then...they do go away...kinda like hiccups, gotta do something to take your mind off them...find a shiny bobble to look at ;)

onster
February 5th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I'm soooo rooting for you! I was so so so so happy when my Grandfather quit years ago....

Stay strong :goodvibes:

Luvmypitgirls
February 8th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I never want to smoke again!

You're granddaughter will love G-MA for this! :thumbs up

:laughing:..you caught that eh?

Well I'm still smoke free! Been busy washing walls and stuff, trying to keep myself occupied. It's when I'm sitting idle that the cravings become more difficult to deal with.
Hubby slipped yesterday, and took a few drags. I was sad for him, but he's back on the wagon again today, as long as he keeps trying I'm happy.
Overall it hasn't been as hard this time, as times in the past, I think it's because this time I truly want to quit for good.
It's amazing the change in my skin and hair already, just trying to keep my mind on the benefits.....

Love4himies
February 8th, 2010, 01:45 PM
wahoo!

You are 100% correct about quitting, it is the frame of mind that is important!

Luvmypitgirls
February 8th, 2010, 11:56 PM
wahoo!

You are 100% correct about quitting, it is the frame of mind that is important!

Well my frame of mind wasn't that good tonight, I didn't break down and smoke but I was very irritable...agitated. So was hubby, we had a bit of a spat when he got home from work, which put the pressure on but we just each went to a seperate room until we could "get a grip".
I hate the irritability, it's happening less and hopefully it will go away all together.

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2010, 01:21 PM
The good news is you should be just about past that first withdrawal phase, LMPG! :highfive: You're doing great!!!!

Love4himies
February 9th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Well my frame of mind wasn't that good tonight, I didn't break down and smoke but I was very irritable...agitated. So was hubby, we had a bit of a spat when he got home from work, which put the pressure on but we just each went to a seperate room until we could "get a grip".
I hate the irritability, it's happening less and hopefully it will go away all together.

Absolutely understandable.

When I quit, there was a new girl at work who didn't know I had quit and she asked if I was always so biatchy or if it was because it was early (we started at 6AM). I just about killed her :laughing:, but managed to squeak out that I just quit smoking :crazy:. She didn't speak to me for the rest of the day :laughing:.

TacoGrl
February 9th, 2010, 03:46 PM
It's not that you get biatchy...it's more that you are less able to tolerate others' annoying habits. :D

Luvmypitgirls
February 14th, 2010, 06:57 PM
It's not that you get biatchy...it's more that you are less able to tolerate others' annoying habits. :D

:laughing::laughing:

Well it's been 14 days! Last night was the hardest yet, we went out for dinner and then to a pub with some friends, I had a couple drinks and omg the cravings were the worst!
But I managed to get thru it, and now I'm celebrating day 14!
Still a bit irritable but not as bad, put on 5 pounds, but thats ok I'll lose it again, just have to focus on one thing at a time. :D

Frenchy
February 14th, 2010, 07:30 PM
You're doing good girl ! :highfive:

aslan
February 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM
keep up the good work LMPG.:thumbs up

bendyfoot
February 14th, 2010, 07:42 PM
:laughing::laughing:

Well it's been 14 days! Last night was the hardest yet, we went out for dinner and then to a pub with some friends, I had a couple drinks and omg the cravings were the worst!
But I managed to get thru it, and now I'm celebrating day 14!
Still a bit irritable but not as bad, put on 5 pounds, but thats ok I'll lose it again, just have to focus on one thing at a time. :D

Well done!

*standing ovation*

Bravo!!!:thumbs up