Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Classifieds that make you cringe

Myka
January 30th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Do you guys ever come across classifieds that make you cringe, or shake your head, or maybe even laugh?

Post em here! :)

I found this one just now (copied and pasted):

"I am looking for the perfect little tea cup puppy. I have an addorable pink purse to carry her in. I have no children and have a love for animals. Please message me if you have one or know of some one who does."

misty1234
January 30th, 2010, 07:34 PM
A group was gathered around the bulletin board in my local grocery store...chuckling. It read:
THANK YOU to the lady in the yellow jacket who ran out into the traffic last week and saved my dog. I shall always appreciate her efforts. Now would she please return my dog? Phone---:

Myka
January 30th, 2010, 07:37 PM
haha, that's a good one Misty! Thanks for posting! :D

Cathy1
January 30th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I found this ad the other day.

Wanted: free male kitten about the age of 4-5 months any colour
I have a female kitten 5 months old and she is a grey tabby and we want her to have kittens with another cat if you could give us your cat to mate with her or lend us your cat please send an email.

I sent them an email but it wasn't the email they were expecting.:D

Myka
January 30th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Ugh, those type driv me nuts. Also the ones that say, "Want to trade our male dog for your female Bug/Morkie/etc because we want to have puppies."

GoldenAngel
January 30th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I have always remembered this one - saw it a year ago...

"Seeking new home for large bull mastiff, 3 years old, male, neuteured but has testicular implants to maintain masculinity".

Myka
January 30th, 2010, 10:08 PM
:eek: I didn't even know they did that...?!

Gail P
January 30th, 2010, 10:48 PM
:eek: I didn't even know they did that...?!

I've heard of it before. There's even a name, I think they call them "neuticals" or something similar, can't remember for sure. :shrug:

GoldenAngel
January 30th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Yes, I looked it up... they are "neuticals"... apparently it helps the dog "maintain their self esteem" after neuteuring ...:wall:

more like a perfect solution for the narcissistic, insecure owner...

Jim Hall
January 31st, 2010, 09:09 AM
no words :laughing::loser::2cents::shrug::dog::crazy:

Love4himies
January 31st, 2010, 09:35 AM

"Seeking new home for large bull mastiff, 3 years old, male, neuteured but has testicular implants to maintain masculinity".

Yes, I looked it up... they are "neuticals"... apparently it helps the dog "maintain their self esteem" after neuteuring ...:wall:

:eek:, the owner must be a real insecure male :laughing:. Like a dog cares if he still has his testicles. :loser:

NoahGrey
January 31st, 2010, 10:32 AM
I don't have any ads to share, but I hate when (besides the free cat/dog animal giveways) is the people who try and sell exotic animals, like parrots and reptiles/amphibians. To take care of an exotic animal takes someone who knows that species inside and out. Its frustating to see, that people don't have a care in the world. It all about the me factor, selfishness and greed.

ACO22

CarolynInPEI
January 31st, 2010, 10:57 AM
I just came across a few ads on a site called "Used PEI", which is an online classifieds site for PEI.

Anyways, besides a surprising number of "male dog for stud" ads and a very "questionable" link to a website where atleast 20 breeds of dogs are being bred, there is an ad for good 'HOUSE PUPS' and 'Small House Puppies'.

I'm not exactly sure what a 'house puppy' is but from what I can gather it is a $300 mixed breed.

There is 2 ads for the same litter of pups, first ad says the mom is a ****zu and the father is a terrier and the second ad says the mom is a ****zu mix and the father is a pure ****zu.

Myka
January 31st, 2010, 11:13 AM
a very "questionable" link to a website where atleast 20 breeds of dogs are being bred

Eep! Is there a local SPCA you could alert to the advertisement?

CarolynInPEI
January 31st, 2010, 12:03 PM
Eep! Is there a local SPCA you could alert to the advertisement?

I've been looking at their website, I'm really sure what to make of it. It looks legit, but I suppose thats what they all do.

It's based out of Quebec, not sure of the laws and regulations up there. Maybe someone has heard of this place?

http://www.oranch.qc.ca

Maybe it's a good place, I don't know. Just seems to be an awful lot of dogs being bred there, and it also worries me when they refer to their parent dogs as "the reproducers".

Myka
January 31st, 2010, 12:33 PM
Ya, that's a weird place. From their website:

"We have a kennel permit, in accordance with the bylaws of the municipality and the Animal Protection Agency of the Estrie. We have been inspected by S.P.C.A Canadian and AMIMA Quebec. A visit here, will convince you that there is no horror story as we see on TV, at our Kennel."

I wonder what the SPCA has to say about them...?

Etown_Chick
January 31st, 2010, 01:22 PM
Quebec is, unfortunately, a haven for puppy mills and I suspect the one with 20 different breeds is just one of many. Very sad.

CarolynInPEI
January 31st, 2010, 01:22 PM
Ya, that's a weird place. From their website:

"We have a kennel permit, in accordance with the bylaws of the municipality and the Animal Protection Agency of the Estrie. We have been inspected by S.P.C.A Canadian and AMIMA Quebec. A visit here, will convince you that there is no horror story as we see on TV, at our Kennel."

I wonder what the SPCA has to say about them...?

I've e-mail the SPCA in Montreal (since the website is from Quebec) and the SPCA in Nova Scotia (since it's the closet to PEI).

Hope to hear a response.

Kay9
January 31st, 2010, 03:53 PM
Do you guys ever come across classifieds that make you cringe, or shake your head, or maybe even laugh?

Post em here! :)

I found this one just now (copied and pasted):

"I am looking for the perfect little tea cup puppy. I have an addorable pink purse to carry her in. I have no children and have a love for animals. Please message me if you have one or know of some one who does."

EEEEUUUUWWWW!!!!!!! :yell:

Kay9
January 31st, 2010, 03:55 PM

No Way! :eek: Is that even possible?

Kay9
January 31st, 2010, 03:56 PM

Oh do I have a plan for the vet who performs that operation.....:evil:

Kay9
January 31st, 2010, 04:02 PM
I've been looking at their website, I'm really sure what to make of it. It looks legit, but I suppose thats what they all do.

It's based out of Quebec, not sure of the laws and regulations up there. Maybe someone has heard of this place?

http://www.oranch.qc.ca

Maybe it's a good place, I don't know. Just seems to be an awful lot of dogs being bred there, and it also worries me when they refer to their parent dogs as "the reproducers".

There is NO WAY this is a legit breeder. NO WAY. A legitimate breeder would not breed more than two or three breeds. It's a puppy mill, pure and simple. I want to find them and :censored: the owners!!!

t.pettet
January 31st, 2010, 07:24 PM
Looking for a young dog for free, must be small, female, spayed, vaccinated, house-trained, non-barker, non-shedding, must get along with kids (we have a 2yr. old and a 4 yr. old), must get along with cats and other dogs and not mind being alone 8 hrs. a day. The perfect owners!

Myka
January 31st, 2010, 08:18 PM
^ Hey that's what I'm looking for except bigger!!! :p

Kay9
February 4th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Here's one:

"Hi! me and my fiance are looking for a free puppy, we are new to the london area and both had dogs with our family's unfortanletly we had to move away so we would like to get our own puppy because we miss our familys dogs. We are both very loving and caring and can give the puppy all the love and care that is needed for them to be a wonderful and happy dog. We live in a medium apartment and daily walks and food will be definetly provided. We both love animals and can guerentee a great home for a puppy. If you think that we would be a great canidate for your puppy please reply to our add. We know the type of resposibilites we need to handle a puppy and can provide a loving home for the puppy to grow up in. We would purchase a puppy but we are tight on our funds as I said we just moved to London and cant afford to pay up front for a puppy at the moment but can guerentee a great home and all the daily care that is need as long as its free."

:confused: If you can't afford to pay for the puppy, how can afford to feed it, spay/neuter it, provide vet care, etc? :shrug:

muggsmom
February 5th, 2010, 07:40 AM
daily walks and food will be definetly provided.

Gee, how big of them!

Kay9
February 5th, 2010, 04:43 PM
And yet another one:

"Pomeranium, 11 month old Male, Not Neutred.

He is a loving dog, but due to a conflict with our other dog we have to find him a new home. He loves people and gets along with our cat. He is house broken. He must go this weekend. He is mostly Black. Help us find him a new home. Call ##########. "

Hmm. Maybe if you neutered him for starters...? :confused: And what's with the weekend deadline? :eek:

Kay9
February 7th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I have to stop reading these:

"hello i am selling a St.Benard due to she is big we have no yard the best about her she has been raisd with a baby so she is vary gentle my lil girl sleeps on her and i have pics to prove it its just i can't get them on the computer . she is 8 months old all shot will be up dated with in this week she is fully house trained and cage trained she does not chew witch is unbeleveable but true for being 8 months when i bought her she came with no papers but i have vet papers to prove what she is and also 8 months old weighing about 105 do i really need papers lol but ya call anytime also the cage beding and everything goes with her
born may14/2009
ask for mikey"

:yell::yell:

Bearsmom
February 10th, 2010, 12:30 AM
I have to stop reading these:

"hello i am selling a St.Benard due to she is big we have no yard the best about her she has been raisd with a baby so she is vary gentle my lil girl sleeps on her and i have pics to prove it its just i can't get them on the computer . she is 8 months old all shot will be up dated with in this week she is fully house trained and cage trained she does not chew witch is unbeleveable but true for being 8 months when i bought her she came with no papers but i have vet papers to prove what she is and also 8 months old weighing about 105 do i really need papers lol but ya call anytime also the cage beding and everything goes with her
born may14/2009
ask for mikey"

:yell::yell:

Oh, hell, I'll take her.... :)

Cathy1
February 11th, 2010, 02:11 PM
From Kijiji

I have a black miniature poodle that is free to a good home. Her name is Dolly and she is 5 yrs old. She is not fixed. I got her when she was older as well. She is a very well tempered dog. She is great around kids. She is house trained. She is a very lovable dog. I got her for my kids to show me they could take care of her and they have neglected that chore. I am close to her but have a white minature poodle of my own. I am sad to have to part with her. But my kids have to learn.

Wanted: Looking for a mate FAST!!!!!!

Hello, my name is Prince I am a black lab with a little sheperd in me... you can only really see it in my floppy ears. I am just about 10 months, 92lbs, and very friendly, and I love kids :) I am sadly about to lose my man hood and am looking for that one special lady. Serious inquires only please.

Myka
February 16th, 2010, 05:52 PM
From Kijiji:

"American Pit Bull Terrier

(This is a re-post because the pending buyer was not able to arrange the funds).

We have an intact male for sale. He is unregistered, so we suggest not using him for breeding. He is solid chocolate with a white chest. He is now eight months old, and has had basic obedience training, house training, and kennel training. He has been raised in a pack environment with all humans in the house hold portrayed as pack leader. He is quite submissive and has showed no aggressive actions towards our other dogs, or our children. We are choosing to find a new home for him because of his confirmation faults. He would make a great companion pet for any family. Please contact me for pictures, and to set up an appointment to view him. Also note that this is not a first come first served basis, we would like the best match possible between our boy and his new family.

Serious applicants only please."

Sooo....the dog is unregistered so they suggest you don't use him for breeding, but they don't want to keep him because of conformation faults which leads me to believe they were wanting to breed him...ok then kind of a double standard I think! At least they are looking at conformation...too bad they are overlooking registration papers!

CarolynInPEI
February 18th, 2010, 07:41 PM
"I have some pups to give away. They are ready to go now. they are eating and drinking on their own. they are 6 weeks old. Email or call for more info.This is the mom with them. she is a medium sized dog. I don't have a picture of the dad but he is also a medium sized dog. they have lab, terrior , and collie in them. Cell Number 856-0583. the other number is my house number. I have 5 males and 1 female left. "

6 weeks.....poor little pups.

Macomom
February 18th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Here is a Kijiji ad for Westies. They are on the reduced rack, apparently the due date on their left leg indicates they are about to expire...:wall:

Ready February 13th. 3 males left.
Reduced from $450 so price is firm.
They come with their first shots, checkup and deworming (vet papers and health certificate come with the puppy). These are not registered.
The West Highland white Terriers as a breed are non shedding and hypoallergenic. They average 9 11 inches, and 13 18 lbs. Westies are very hardy terriers, easy to train, and get along well with children. They are lively and self assured with other dogs, but not aggressive. They make wonderful pets and additions to the family.

wenchy
February 20th, 2010, 04:14 PM
here's a doozy of an ad :

15 year old pug seeking good home

this is probably the most difficult and awkward posting i have ever had to write. bailey is 15 1/2 and is now deaf. her back legs don't function well and luckily they do not cause her pain - however, she is unable to control her bowel movements. she poohs wherever (in bed, down the hall, outside....everywhere). she is toilet trained but due to her age, she does not know when she is poohing. her back legs slide on tile or wood floors, she does better on rugs. she can go down few steps (up to 6 or 7), but cannot climb up - she needs to be carried (she weights approx 22lbs). she has a healthy appetite and is still very spunky. she barks at almost all dogs bigger than her but she's harmless.
currently, her best friend is a senior lab mix who is 16 years old but due to his condition we need to put him down soon.
i would like to visit bailey and am offering to pay for her food and regular vet visits. i sadly cannot have her with us as we have a 9 month old who will be crawling soon.
i know i have very few selling features with bailey, but she truly is a joy and she is loved and gives love....oh yeah, she snores too.
if you have a big heart please send me an email.

:shrug:

Myka
February 21st, 2010, 12:07 AM
Oh my... :cry: Why wouldn't they euthanize her? I can't imagine she would be very happy moving to a new home at her age and condition. So sad... :(

Myka
March 13th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Oooh, here's a fresh one off Kijiji (copy and paste):

"For sale a female and a male ckc registered with breeding rights.
MALE:- Fathered numerous litters, all his off spring matures at TEA CUP SIZES to 4 lb maximum, very smart and a super agressive breeder, REALLY GETSTHE JOB DONE!!!! Bluish line, 6 lb, partially house broken and sleep at his kennel all night long. NOT FRIENDLY TOWARDS OTHER MALES!!
FEMALE:- Have 4 litters of 8 puppies and her last litter was with 6 puppies. Fast delivery mom,very clean,very attention to the puppies. Very quiet and calm, uses a dog door, and is very friendly.partially house broken. Bluish line, 8 1/2 lb. Will be in heat anytime now!!
ALL these dogs are very well behaved,-- EXCELLLENT HEALTH,- both are 5 to 6 years old, all shots and dewormings UTD.

THESE DOGS ARE FOR SELL TO ''YORKIE''' BREEDERS ONLY- They are not house pets.
Contact 780-922 7555 "

At least they're registered...I guess. :shrug:

Oh look they have another ad:

"For sale a pregnant female YORKSHIRE TERRIER, unregistered, 18 months old,pregnant by a 4 lbs yorkie- Teddy Bear face- due in the next 4 wks,-begining of April.
This female is from a very dark black line, her parents are from a Brasilian blood line, has had all her shots and numerous dewormings. She is kennel trained, uses a dog door and is a very quiet dog. JOY is a shy dog , however very friendly.
JOY just get a short hair cut and is ready for her new home.
We will be away at the time of her pregnacy and we decided to sell it. ((((Easter Time!!!)))
~*~*~*~* Asking $1500 or trade for 2 yorkie puppies READY NOW-Please do not email asking to give puppy back later on...Won't HAPPEN!!

Please contact us with a number for reply-NO EMAILS WILL BE RETURN!!!
SERIOUS "YORKIE" BREEDERS ONLY !! ! !! !!!
Contact 780-9227555"

Kay9
March 13th, 2010, 01:46 PM

this is probably the most difficult and awkward posting i have ever had to write. Bailey is 15 1/2 and is now deaf. Her back legs don't function well and luckily they do not cause her pain - however, she is unable to control her bowel movements. She poohs wherever (in bed, down the hall, outside....everywhere). She is toilet trained but due to her age, she does not know when she is poohing. Her back legs slide on tile or wood floors, she does better on rugs. She can go down few steps (up to 6 or 7), but cannot climb up - she needs to be carried (she weights approx 22lbs). She has a healthy appetite and is still very spunky. She barks at almost all dogs bigger than her but she's harmless.
Currently, her best friend is a senior lab mix who is 16 years old but due to his condition we need to put him down soon.
I would like to visit bailey and am offering to pay for her food and regular vet visits. I sadly cannot have her with us as we have a 9 month old who will be crawling soon.
I know i have very few selling features with bailey, but she truly is a joy and she is loved and gives love....oh yeah, she snores too.
If you have a big heart please send me an email.

:shrug:

are they out of their mind?

Kay9
March 13th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Oooh, here's a fresh one off Kijiji (copy and paste):

"For sale a female and a male ckc registered with breeding rights.
MALE:- Fathered numerous litters, all his off spring matures at TEA CUP SIZES to 4 lb maximum, very smart and a super agressive breeder, REALLY GETSTHE JOB DONE!!!! Bluish line, 6 lb, partially house broken and sleep at his kennel all night long. NOT FRIENDLY TOWARDS OTHER MALES!!
FEMALE:- Have 4 litters of 8 puppies and her last litter was with 6 puppies. Fast delivery mom,very clean,very attention to the puppies. Very quiet and calm, uses a dog door, and is very friendly.partially house broken. Bluish line, 8 1/2 lb. Will be in heat anytime now!!
ALL these dogs are very well behaved,-- EXCELLLENT HEALTH,- both are 5 to 6 years old, all shots and dewormings UTD.

THESE DOGS ARE FOR SELL TO ''YORKIE''' BREEDERS ONLY- They are not house pets.

censored:!!!!!!! Can someone give me permission to :censored: these people!!
Contact 780-922 7555 "

At least they're registered...I guess. :shrug:

Oh look they have another ad:

"For sale a pregnant female YORKSHIRE TERRIER, unregistered, 18 months old,pregnant by a 4 lbs yorkie- Teddy Bear face- due in the next 4 wks,-begining of April.
This female is from a very dark black line, her parents are from a Brasilian blood line, has had all her shots and numerous dewormings. She is kennel trained, uses a dog door and is a very quiet dog. JOY is a shy dog , however very friendly.
JOY just get a short hair cut and is ready for her new home.
We will be away at the time of her pregnacy and we decided to sell it. ((((Easter Time!!!)))
~*~*~*~* Asking $1500 or trade for 2 yorkie puppies READY NOW-Please do not email asking to give puppy back later on...Won't HAPPEN!!

Please contact us with a number for reply-NO EMAILS WILL BE RETURN!!!
SERIOUS "YORKIE" BREEDERS ONLY !! ! !! !!!
Contact 780-9227555"

:censored::censored:!! Can someone please give me permission to :censored: and :censored: these people?

Luvmypitgirls
March 14th, 2010, 03:36 PM
:censored::censored:!! Can someone please give me permission to :censored: and :censored: these people?

Ok, I absolutely give you permission to :censored: and :censored: these ppl! Hell I'll go along with pom poms and cheer ya on!:thumbs up

Myka
March 14th, 2010, 06:59 PM
"Wanted: NEED A PUPPY BY TODAY!

Hi.

I'm looking for a puppy or older small dog that's $100 or less.
I can do trades , but I don't have very much to trade. I could trade a ipod nano video 8GB (purple) .

I'm in summerside so it'd have to be close or delivered ( for extra? )

Please send me some pictures, I really want one for tonight as I have been looking for awhile with no sucess."

Kay9
March 14th, 2010, 07:49 PM
"Wanted: NEED A PUPPY BY TODAY!

Hi.

I'm looking for a puppy or older small dog that's $100 or less.
I can do trades , but I don't have very much to trade. I could trade a ipod nano video 8GB (purple) .

I'm in summerside so it'd have to be close or delivered ( for extra? )

Please send me some pictures, I really want one for tonight as I have been looking for awhile with no sucess."

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!:yell::yell::yell: One can only scream when reading that. :wall:

Longblades
March 19th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Sooo....the dog is unregistered so they suggest you don't use him for breeding, but they don't want to keep him because of conformation faults which leads me to believe they were wanting to breed him...ok then kind of a double standard I think! At least they are looking at conformation...too bad they are overlooking registration papers! No, go back and read a little more closely. It's his "confirmation faults" that are causing them to get rid of him. Their church will not confirm him. :D Kidding.

Mine is pretty tame in comparison but I get a bit of a kick out the ad for "black chocolate Lab puppies."

And the ones where I suspect the seller phoned the ad in and the person at the paper spells "mare for sale" as "mayor for sale", which we all know is not out of the realm of possibility. :(

Yours are all better than mine. :) Edited to say: No, I mean they are worse. Oh, you know what I mean.

babymomma
March 19th, 2010, 01:21 PM
The worst Ive seen, Somebody asking for a Free rabbit to put in his fenced back yard with his dog to test his dogs drive...

Sickening.

joeysmama
March 20th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by wenchy

this is probably the most difficult and awkward posting i have ever had to write. Bailey is 15 1/2 and is now deaf. Her back legs don't function well and luckily they do not cause her pain - however, she is unable to control her bowel movements. She poohs wherever (in bed, down the hall, outside....everywhere). She is toilet trained but due to her age, she does not know when she is poohing. Her back legs slide on tile or wood floors, she does better on rugs. She can go down few steps (up to 6 or 7), but cannot climb up - she needs to be carried (she weights approx 22lbs). She has a healthy appetite and is still very spunky. She barks at almost all dogs bigger than her but she's harmless.
Currently, her best friend is a senior lab mix who is 16 years old but due to his condition we need to put him down soon.
I would like to visit bailey and am offering to pay for her food and regular vet visits. I sadly cannot have her with us as we have a 9 month old who will be crawling soon.
I know i have very few selling features with bailey, but she truly is a joy and she is loved and gives love....oh yeah, she snores too.
If you have a big heart please send me an email.

are they out of their mind?

No...just REALLY REALLY mean !!!!!

Myka
April 26th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Fresh from today:

Beautiful French Bulldog cross designer puppy.

Very unique Mix. Looks like mini Boxers/Mastiff.

Come with first shots, dewormed, vet checks.

Will be between 20-30Lbs full grown. Great house dog size.

Wonderful puppy, Very well socialized with children and other dogs. Great colouring, excellent temperment.

Both Parents can be seen.

1 Female left

7 weeks old

Ready to go May 1st.

(pictured at 5 weeks)

$1200

TulipRoxy
April 27th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Mother cat 1-2 years of age (calico) and kitten (black and white female) born on March 11 need a loving home. Mother cat was bread with my friend's cat (black and white). I need to find them a good home since I am asthmatic and can no longer keep them. Both are very affectionate. Litter box, toys, food, treats etc are included. Kitten is eating solid food and litter trained. Please contact me if interested...

Why would you breed your cat if you knew you were asthmatic?? And how do you not know how bred is spelled?