Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

need a little advice

NoahGrey
January 30th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I am soon going to be applying to co op summer paid jobs soon, so I am looking around. I was about to send my resume out to a Ducks Unlimited position, when the co op teacher at the last min, states that the position is for grads only.

I just came across a great position in Alberta. Only problem is the deadline was January 29th.anyone one of you ever apply for a job after the deadline or thought that was frowned upon.

If you did, did you acknowledge that the deadline had past? Thanks

ACO22

hazelrunpack
January 30th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I guess it doesn't hurt to send it anyway. I'd be upfront about missing the deadline, but if you think your experience is a great fit for the job and you have a lot to bring to the table, they may be willing to let you push the envelope a bit.

Tig's mom
January 30th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I am soon going to be applying to co op summer paid jobs soon, so I am looking around. I was about to send my resume out to a Ducks Unlimited position, when the co op teacher at the last min, states that the position is for grads only.

I just came across a great position in Alberta. Only problem is the deadline was January 29th.anyone one of you ever apply for a job after the deadline or thought that was frowned upon.

If you did, did you acknowledge that the deadline had past? Thanks

ACO22
In the type of work I do they have 'closing dates', but you can still drop off your resume, as there is a large 'turnover' sometimes.:D
Depending on the position, if you submitt it past the deadline, they will either accept it,:fingerscr, or I would hope, keep it on file .
If you have the qualifications, It wouldn't hurt,... you may be the perfect candiate.:thumbs up
Best of luck
to you,
I live in Alberta,( Calgary), it's kind of nice here IMO.:)

Love4himies
January 30th, 2010, 05:12 PM
It depends on who you are applying with, if it is gov't then they don't usually consider resumes after the deadline as it opens up the possibility of union redresses.

Send it in anyways. You never know.

NoahGrey
January 30th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks...I have to head to the school tomorrow, so I'll apply then.
Any suggestions on how to bring up the deadline. I do have the qulifications and it pertains to wildlife:)

ACO22

hazelrunpack
January 30th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I would just throw it in the first part of the cover letter--something like, "I realize the deadline is past, but I didn't see the posting until just recently and couldn't pass up the opportunity to try." Then tell them what qualifies you uniquely for this job and how excited you would be to put your talents to work for them...

NoahGrey
January 31st, 2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks HRP

ACO22

hazelrunpack
January 31st, 2010, 09:26 AM
Good luck! :goodvibes: I hope you get it! :fingerscr