Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Darby is Playing!!

Tundra_Queen
January 29th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Whoo Hoo!! She is playing!! I mean really playing, from one end of the house to the other end and back again!!!

I know I posted a few months ago that she was playing, but she was only tapping the toy for a few minutes then walking away. But now she is playing for quite a while and smacking the plastic balls all over the house. She has even learned to pick them up to get them away from the other cats! :laughing: She only seems to like the plastic balls with the little bell inside that she can smack around really easy. She will pick up the ball and run upstairs to play so the other cats won't take it from her. *L*

When it goes under something she will do this very pitious meow until I go check it out. And she will be sitting in front of where the ball went, looking up at me with her big green eyes as if she just lost her best friend. :laughing: So I am now her private ball retriever but I couldn't be happier. *L*

Debbie

Love4himies
January 29th, 2010, 03:46 PM
That is great, Tundraqueen :thumbs up, maybe she needed extra long time to settle in?

TacoGrl
January 29th, 2010, 06:38 PM
That is great to hear! :thumbs up

I love when the shy ones come out of their shells...I have very wet eyes from watching Seth as he learns to play too :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
January 29th, 2010, 07:11 PM
:highfive: Good job, Darby!!!!

You're doing such a great job with her, TQ! :grouphug: Or should I now address you as Madame Toy Retriever? :D

Tundra_Queen
January 30th, 2010, 12:20 AM
That is great, Tundraqueen :thumbs up, maybe she needed extra long time to settle in?

L4H I think she had to learn how to play, I don't think she knew. I know when the others play she sits and watches them. We got her in July and she just started playing from one end of the house to the other, in the last couple of weeks.

That is great to hear! :thumbs up

I love when the shy ones come out of their shells...I have very wet eyes from watching Seth as he learns to play too :cloud9:

Yes, it's like she finally has figured out how to be a cat and have fun!

:highfive: Good job, Darby!!!!

You're doing such a great job with her, TQ! :grouphug: Or should I now address you as Madame Toy Retriever? :D

Thanks hazel, she has come such a long way! *doing the happy dance* And she is such a cuddle bum! :laughing:

14+kitties
January 30th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Wonderful she has finally figured out the play thing!!:thumbs up I love to watch kitties rip through the house with their toys. Hubby...... not so much. :rolleyes:

Tundra_Queen
January 30th, 2010, 08:57 AM
14+ there is a lot of ripping thru this house....:laughing: We have an upstairs where the bedrooms are and they seem to like to go running up the stairs into our bedroom when hubs is sleeping. LOL Thank goodness he is a heavy sleeper cause they also jump up on the bed and wrestle while he is sleeping. We have a love seat and chairs in our bedroom and they bounce from one to another while trying to catch each other. They are :crazy: :laughing: Mirabelle, OS, and Willie all chase each other; they will tear down the stairs thru the house and then jump up on the cat tree and wrestle there too, then down the tree and upatirs and repeat the whole thing over again. It is so funny to watch them, it cracks me up! :laughing: