Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can't wait till tomorrow!

babymomma
January 27th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Finally, Something to look forward to!

Tomorrow is my B-day so My mom has agree'd to drive me to grandfalls so I can spend an hour or so at the Spca and take a dog or two for a walk and love on some kittehs! :D:cloud9::lovestruck: Im hoping this will cheer me up a bit. I dont get to go there often because its an hour drive on the highway and we never usually go to grand falls.. its one of the bigger places in central NFLD.

I will also be donating 40 dollars in memory of casey. :rip::angel2:
Then mom and I will be going out for supper at Jungle Jims.. Cant WAIT to go to the spca.. I havent been there since I surrendered the kittens to them. And mom d@mn near had to drag me out of the doors then. :D

Hopefully I wont fall in love this time.. Wont be able to handle being said no to this time I ask to adopt a dog.

http://www.envision.ca/webs/exploitsvalleyspca/ This is the spca Website.. Not many dogs or cats but thats a good sign right?

Im hoping to get out with snoopy and/or shelby!

Im leaning towards snoopy though, his eyes are drawing me in. Reminds me of my angel. :rip:

ancientgirl
January 27th, 2010, 06:50 PM
That's so sweet of you to spend your birthday helping animals. And donating money in Kacee's name is a wonderful tribute to her.:grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
January 28th, 2010, 03:54 AM
bm, that is so sweet of you to spend your birthday with some animals that need love and attention. And your donation will really help them out!!

Debbie

Love4himies
January 28th, 2010, 07:45 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABYMOMMA

Sounds like you and your mom are going to have a great day together, babymomma:thumbs up :lovestruck: and helping out the poor animals is going to be wonderful for your healing process.

angeldogs
January 28th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Happy Birthday

Enjoy your day out with your mom.that's a wonderful thing your going to do today at the spca,will be good for you and the animals.

Dog Dancer
January 28th, 2010, 12:23 PM
BM, I hope you are out right now having a great Birthday and spending some wonderful time with your mom. Going to the SPCA to share your loving spirit with their animals is so generous of you. The animals will truly know the love of your heart. Your donation in Kacee's name will greatly help them. :thumbs up You are doing a very kind and thoughtful thing that will help you to heal. Kacee would be so proud of you.

Kay9
January 28th, 2010, 04:41 PM
What a wonderful way to spend your birthday!! You are such a sweetie :lovestruck:

chico2
January 28th, 2010, 04:51 PM
BM,you are so young and already have an incredible compassion for animals,I think that's wonderful,your mom must be really proud of you.
I hope you've had a great birhday

BrownEyedGirl
January 28th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I hope you are enjoying your special day, I'm sure the furbabies are.

babymomma
January 28th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks alot everybody :)
So I ended up with 75 dollars in donations.. My mom mentioned our plans to a coworker and She chipped in with 10 dollars and 13 dollar of canadian tire money and mom rolled her pennies to make the rest! :thumbs up

I speant most of my time in the cat room Loving on the kittehs.. They were LOVING it.. The poor things :(

Im in love with one cat in particular. A FAT orange and white Medium haired cat.. He would come to me and sit and my feet and sit on his hind legs and paw at my legs like a baby wanting to get up.. And he was SO smooshable! He was a chunky guy and I loved his cuddlyness..All the cats were sweet hearts.. Even the Not so nice cats that were in crates liked people.. but were in crates because they are aggressicve towards oter cats.

Fell in love with 2 dogs.. I on,ly got to see them thru their kenels becaus ethe weather was TERRIBLE and way to bad to take them out.

One was a casey look a like and a VERY malnurished rottie.. She was so skinny she looked gangly and tall More like a dobie with a shorter nose and flop ears. :( But they loved the treats.. didnt get to see the other dogs because there outdoor kennels had Something around them to keep the cold out.. I caught a peek thru a crack and there was a Pure bred siberian huskey there, So pretty and a few mixed breed Doggehs that were absolutly GORGOUS..

I also have a surprise for everybody.. But nothing is set in stone yet so I dont want to get any hopes up;)

Love4himies
January 28th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I am so glad you enjoyed your day, bm :grouphug:. I bet the kitties just loved to have the attention from you.:lovestruck:. Too bad the weather was too bad to walk the dogs. :(

ownedbycats
January 29th, 2010, 09:14 AM
You say you don't want to get our hopes up but we can guess right? :lightbulb: Did you get permission to adopt another animal? Oooh, the suspense, how long do we have to wait to find out what the surprise is?

angeldogs
January 29th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Sound like you had a good time even though the weather was bad and couldn't take the poor pups out for a walk.$75.00 makes for a could donation to go towards helping out.

babymomma
January 29th, 2010, 09:54 AM
You say you don't want to get our hopes up but we can guess right? :lightbulb: Did you get permission to adopt another animal? Oooh, the suspense, how long do we have to wait to find out what the surprise is?

lol... Something like that :p;)

chico2
January 29th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Oh,Oh,do I see a big orange/white kitty joining Keely:pray:

babymomma
January 29th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Oh,Oh,do I see a big orange/white kitty joining Keely:pray:

Sadly No :( I WISH I could, but my dad simply wont budge on getting a cat. He actually is terrified of them. :o

But keely may be getting a Big brother soon. :crazy: Im pretty much close to spilling on it.. But Im scared uts not going to work out. :o

Luvmypitgirls
January 29th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Happy Birthday BM, I too think it's wonderful that you would spend your special day, a special day for the animals in the shelter by spending time with them.
I admire your compassion and dedication towards animals, you truly are a sweetheart.:grouphug: