Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

your favorite breeds and why...

Enjolras
August 28th, 2004, 02:35 AM
i have a few favorites...

1) GSD...beautiful, smart, loyal, loving, good protectors

2) Golden Retriever...same as above :)

those are my favorite breeds...i love the rottie look, but haven't had any extensive experiences with one. i do know that they are given a bad rap, and i've met several who were SWEET as can be...same with pitts.'

haven't met too many small dogs i cared for (as you can see, i like big animals!), but my parents adopted a sheltie from a rescue that i love a lot! great dog (better be, since i drove 6 hours to get her!)

LavenderRott
August 28th, 2004, 09:43 AM
The Rottweiler. They are smart, loyal, fearless, goofy, loving, protective and they have a wiggle butt!

meggie1425
August 28th, 2004, 01:13 PM
GSD, same reasons as you Enjolras! I like chihuahuas too, they seem like they would be a fun pet to have!

Jackie467
August 28th, 2004, 02:04 PM
my fav breed would have to be domberman pinchers. that is what my family has had since i was born. they are the sweetest babies around. (of course that's if they are trained correctly) then goldens and whippets. although i love absolutly all breeds and mixes.

Spoiled
August 28th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Chocolate Lab: Smart, ENERGETIC! lol, Strong, protective, loyal, obedient. :p :p

goldenblaze
August 28th, 2004, 03:21 PM
That is a hard question, I love most breds of dogs but I must say mine would be Golden Retriever for a large bred. Smart loyal and always has the face to die for even as a adult dog.
Small bred I must say Shih Tzu, I have had 2 and never any problems, they do train well love to be loved :)

Cinnabear
August 28th, 2004, 06:34 PM
I don't have a favorite breed, but I do favor small breeds.

Kona Dawg
August 29th, 2004, 01:49 PM
I have many favorite breed's, Brittany, Springer, and Cocker spaniel's, Golden retrievers, Border Collie's, and for large/giant breeds my all time favorite is the
Bernise Mnt. Dog

I grew up with an american cocker spaniel (15 this year) who was/is a great dog, Then my parents got a Brittany who is just nut's, I've never seen a dog have the kind of drive in the bush that he does. My childhood neighbors had a springer that was a really nice dog also. In my extended family there's 4 golden retriever's and Bernise are the largest most gentle dog's I've ever met. If you watch one for long enough (2 sec's) they will make you laugh your can off with their goofyness.

heidiho
August 29th, 2004, 02:15 PM
gsd for sure......

heidiho
August 29th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Because they are the smartest dog i have ever encountered,never new a dog could be so damn smart...

debanneball
August 30th, 2004, 01:07 PM
GSD, for all the reasons stated above, for when they look at you with those big brown eyes, for their unconditional love, devotion, protection 24-7 :p :p

GsdDiamond
August 30th, 2004, 02:22 PM
GSD, for all the reasons stated above, for when they look at you with those big brown eyes, for their unconditional love, devotion, protection 24-7 :p :p

Big brown eyes? Really? Can't say I've ever seen that....oh wait...yes I have:
Do you think she can be staring ANY harder???

heidiho
August 30th, 2004, 02:46 PM
She is gorgeous,i just love them only had mine for 7 months,but i am sold on that breed,soooooooooooooooooo smart,it is a little unbelieveable

GsdDiamond
August 30th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Thank you very much! (proud mama :D )

So, my favorite breed is, of course, the GSD. My second favorite is (for looks alone) the Bichon. Such a cute little ball of fuzz!!!

Terrie
August 30th, 2004, 03:46 PM
GSDDiamond... Is yours what you call a King Shepherd??
How old in the Pic?? I think King Shepherds have longer fur than regular Sheps. I think mines a Jethro Bodine Shepherd, he's very lean but dang he's tall, he's only 19 months old, and when he stands on his hind legs, he's 6'2"
Big baby because he loves to lay right across on me at night when I'm watching TV in bed...

GsdDiamond
August 31st, 2004, 08:06 AM
Nope. Diamond is not a King Shepherd, although she really looks like one! Her Dam and Sire are both from Germany and are recognized as GSD (not King) by the CKC. Her Sire is HUGE, with a full(er) mane, so she inherited the gene for long hair from him, probably her size too. Most of her litter mates are short hair, as are most of the pups from previous breedings of her Dam and Sire.

Your guy is so cute! 6'2" eh? Hmmmm....NBA looking for a new star?

CarlaD
August 31st, 2004, 12:13 PM
My fav are beagles, because they are loving, loyal, energetic, great around kids and have such great personalities!

sammiec
August 31st, 2004, 12:35 PM
I love pit bulls, can't help it. But how could you not love a face like this! :p

Writing4Fun
August 31st, 2004, 12:49 PM
Have always preferred the "bigger" dogs myself - especially the GSD and Rough Collie. Their intelligence and trainability (2 different things, folks!) are unparalelled. They also seem to have a certain "majesty" about them. Although I have to say that a few people on this site have now swayed me towards their smaller breeds - some of the Shih Tzu and Poodle pics are just heart-wrenchingly cute!

GsdDiamond, your dog is Beautiful! Thank you for posting that pic - I now know which breed contributed the little tufts of fur coming out of my dog's ears!! :D

GsdDiamond
August 31st, 2004, 01:11 PM
Thank you for the compliment for my little girl! She's a real looker and she knows it!! Always looking for attention, pats, treats, and LOVES to look in the camera. I'll have to post some more pics of her. Heck, have you guys seen her web page? Diamond's home page (http://www.members.shaw.ca/gsddiamond)

Before I get a load of geers at the "9 weeks to just under 6 months" page (the feeding section where I mention Iams), make note: We don't use Iams anymore!!! I haven't edited the page to reflect the recent events regarding Iams, but have ceased feeding her the food due to allergies.

Terrie
August 31st, 2004, 03:02 PM
GSDDIAMOND

Your girl is beautiful, i love the mixture of colors on her, almost looks like GOD took a paint brush to her..

Very intelligent creatures though but stubborn too... :mad:

Chat later

Terrie N Kuma

GsdDiamond
August 31st, 2004, 03:22 PM
GSDDIAMOND

Your girl is beautiful, i love the mixture of colors on her, almost looks like GOD took a paint brush to her..

Very intelligent creatures though but stubborn too... :mad:

Chat later

Terrie N Kuma

Stubborn? You have met my girl!!!! She's THE most stubborn dog I've ever seen. Most are extremely willing to do commands for treats. If she's not in the mood....she's NOT in the mood! Period.

I'm so sorry. I seem to have hyjacked this thread. Not intentional, and I'll stop if asked. :(

Her hair is starting to lighten in the neck and shoulders. You can just see the pattern on her back in the posted pic. It's in the shape of a V (pointing to her bum). I like to call it her "frosted tips!".

melanie
August 31st, 2004, 06:24 PM
GSD for sure, i love GSD girls, such loving little babies, great attitudes and so protective of their mummies. after that goldens, i grew up with one and as a small girl he my best friend and ohhh so spunky.
terrie- jethro is very blonde in spots, has he got any white shep in him??
GSDiamond, that is a pretty intense stare, so cute although looks like a true ratbag that girl of yours :D

tayab
September 9th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Rotties.. they are super sweet and loyal. but now that I live in an apartment an can't have one.. i have a little buddy that i simply adore..

The minature pinscher!.. clowns, loyal, and cuddly

Cinnabear
September 9th, 2004, 12:53 AM
What ears he has! Absolutely gorgeous. :)

DogueLover
November 5th, 2004, 11:21 PM
My favorite breeds are Dogue de Bordeaux and Rottweillers.
Have had both and thought I would be sold on Rotties forever until we got
Angel our Bordeaux she is also affectionately known as MEATHEAD and for good reasons.
Both are loyal family pets but require experienced owners who are willing to put the time and effort into properly training them but both are fabulous with kids.

lilith_rizel
November 6th, 2004, 02:37 PM
My favorite breed is boston terriers. I have asked James for one, but he said Cano is enough to take care of right now! So I don't think that I will be getting one anytime soon.

glasslass
November 6th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Poodle, poodle, poodle (toy, miniature, standard ;) ) There's a size for everyone. No shedding, no odor; perfect house dogs. Love their intelligence that tries to outsmart you! Their sensitivity, sense of humor. I love the fluffy fur and yes, the grooming. You have to like the grooming! There's a lot of it. Like combing your doll's hair when you were a kid but, much more satisfying. I groom Den-Den, Corky, and the neighbor, Spunky. Keeps me hopping! :love: