Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone else ever used Hibitane?

cassiek
January 20th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Hi all-

I'm curious, has anyone else ever used the product "Hibitane"? It's a veterinary product, an anti bacterial/anti fungal ointment. It's used as an aid in the treatment of fungal infections, eczema, abcesses, foot rot, inflamed anal glands and fissures, chapped teats, skin infections and wounds, and after minor surgery in dogs, cats and horses. Comes in a 150 g tube.

I ask because I noticed a few days ago that Brynn had developed a rash/sore on her neck where her collar rests (she must be sensitive to the nylon/plastic in the collar or something?) and my friend recommended I try some of this Hibitane. She purchases it at the vet clinic for about $25 a tube. I've been using it since last night and its working great!! :thumbs up Her sore has healed a fair bit and I imagine after a few more days it will be almost gone!

Gail P
January 20th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Hibitane is I think the brand name, they make various different products. I think my boarders have used the cream/ointment before on their horses. I used to keep a big jug of the udder wash (a disinfectant for cows) to use for disinfecting various things.

growler~GateKeeper
January 20th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I've used the undiluted Hibitane Surgical Scrub (pink) liquid soap from the vet for various sores/wounds on both dogs & cats and on my hands for cuts, I do dilute with a little water as full strength it can dry out the skin.

kashtin's kin
January 21st, 2010, 01:13 AM
I've used the Hibitaine scrub (pink) a lot over the years, on horses-as well as on smaller critters, at times. There was a big kerfuffle on a Cdn. horse BB a year or 2 ago...apparently Hibitaine wasn't available (at least in most forms??) in Canada for a while, which horse people were not happy about.

rainbow
January 21st, 2010, 01:23 AM
I've used the liquid Hibitane as well .....good stuff. :thumbs up

cassiek
January 21st, 2010, 02:02 AM
Yeah, this is just a white cream... seems to be working really well though! I am thinking about picking some up just to keep around, it sure is handy! :thumbs up

Macomom
January 22nd, 2010, 08:49 AM
I use Chlorhexidine Gluconate in all sort of forms for my people and animals.
Good stuff- the pink surgical scrub can be very drying though.