Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

There ain't no cure for stupid!

Etown_Chick
January 19th, 2010, 09:19 PM
So last night my buds and I were were doing our usual tour through the dog park. It was dark, and the park was fairly quiet except for us, when all the dogs but mine started going nuts for a new arrival.
Of course it has to be a female , and ours are all males, fighting over her. The genius owner demands to know if ours are fixed. I answered of course they are, is hers? You can guess the answer, hers is not only intact, but in heat.
WTF moved these people to bring a bitch in heat to a dog park? The answer? She needs excercise! OMG people. Her friend claimed that they had as much right to be at the park as we did. I corrected her on that (bylaws state a dog in heat is NOT allowed off the owner's property) and took Scruffy home.
Happily for me, his only concern was the ball, not the girl.
Oy..humans!
So the real reason the shelters/rescues are full? Their moms needed exercise!
End rant, resume regular programming.

angeldogs
January 19th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I would have asked what kind of exercise.the planned or accidental kind of exercise.morons,i quess they never heard of a good long walk on leash.

bendyfoot
January 19th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I would have asked what kind of exercise.the planned or accidental kind of exercise.morons,

:laughing::thumbs up FTW!!!

cassiek
January 20th, 2010, 02:06 AM
There are just no words for the stupidity here... sigh. And people wonder why shelters become overcrowded and millions of animals POS every year...

Love4himies
January 20th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Holy crap :loser: Did she think she would be able to control her female in heat and an intact male :frustrated:. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

ancientgirl
January 20th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Sadly, you are correct, there is no cure for stupid. It is a terminal and VERY contagious disease.

That's the kind of person who's dog gets pregnant then she gets angry about it.:frustrated:

shibamom
January 20th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I have seen that once. It is disgusting, as the poor female is just swarmed by males and it is probably a frightening experience for her. Just because a male is no longer intact does not mean he automatically becomes an "it". Outrageous.

Love4himies
January 20th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I have seen that once. It is disgusting, as the poor female is just swarmed by males and it is probably a frightening experience for her. Just because a male is no longer intact does not mean he automatically becomes an "it". Outrageous.

You are right!!!

My Jasper will forget he is neutered and goes after my foster momma's:o

ancientgirl
January 20th, 2010, 01:14 PM
You are right!!!

My Jasper will forget he is neutered and goes after my foster momma's:o

Jasper is a little Casanova:lovestruck:.

Etown_Chick
January 20th, 2010, 11:44 PM
shibamom
you are so right! The boys were all fixed but they are still boys, and the poor girl was terrified.
Makes me sad, though. I have reason to suspect she is not fixed because they intend to breed her. Not enough dogs in the city, I guess.

rainbow
January 21st, 2010, 03:06 AM
<sigh> another byb that will be advertising on kiiji shortly. :wall:

angeldogs
January 21st, 2010, 04:18 PM
<sigh> another byb that will be advertising on kiiji shortly. :wall:

Your right on there.papers on hanging up signs.