Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Goodbye my dear Bailey

Frenchy
January 16th, 2010, 07:06 PM
This morning , at 11:30 , I said goodbye to my dear Bailey :( his health had been declining for a while now , and the nose bleed he got Thursday morning scared me to death. I was bringing him to the vet this morning , thinking something could have been done to make him feel better. But to my surprise , he had internal bleeding and the vet told me , that it was time to let him go. So , I did. :( he went very peacefully.

Bailey is the reason why I started fostering. He made everything so easy , loved everyone , every dog and every cat. He was my first dog , he was 5-6 yr old when I adopted him in 2003 , one month after moving into my first house. He also gave me a crash course on pet health , with his allergies and being heartworm positive. He was always the best of dog , soooo patient and loving. Not a mean bone in his body. Even when he became blind and partially deaf , he never lost patience with the other younger dogs here.

Bailey , I miss you so much already , words can't describe how much it hurts. :(

you can now play with Sam again , and see your other friends Daisy and Chloe. I know they will welcome you with open paws , at rainbow bridge. :candle:

Macomom
January 16th, 2010, 07:10 PM
My deepest condolences Frenchy. :candle:

quincymycat
January 16th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I so sorry for you Frenchy. It sounds as though Bailey truly loved life and you, and you were both good for each other.
Be free Bailey...:candle:

Magicwildwolf69
January 16th, 2010, 07:14 PM
i am so so sorry frenchy i know how much it hurts. words can only help a little but know i'm sending a hug from far away in hopes it will comfort you. bailey really loved you and life and fought till the end. you were so wonderful to him.

:grouphug::grouphug:
:candle: wonderful bailey

bendyfoot
January 16th, 2010, 07:17 PM
:candle:Bailey:candle: So very, very sorry. :(

the gang
January 16th, 2010, 07:22 PM
oh no im so sorry to hear your news he was a beauty,:cry: bless you for doing what you do, i send you :grouphug: from us, take care of yourself brenda and the pins.

JanM
January 16th, 2010, 07:47 PM
My heart goes out to you - losing such a wonderful friend is terribly hard but you gave her a wonderful life and I know she is thankful.

luckypenny
January 16th, 2010, 07:50 PM
:grouphug: to you, Frenchy. You were the best mom ever to Bailey. He knew your deep love for him.

RIP sweet gentle Bailey :candle:

happycats
January 16th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I am so very sorry, my heart goes out to you.
RIP sweet Bailey, run free.

:candle::candle:

:grouphug:

Tommysmom
January 16th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I'm so sorry, Frenchy :grouphug:.

breeze
January 16th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Although at times of sadness
There's so little words can say
Still may these words of sympathy
Help comfort you today

:candle: sweet bailey :candle:

:grouphug::grouphug: for you frenchy :grouphug::grouphug:

aslan
January 16th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Frenchy our deepest sympathies, he was a kind gentle soul and knows how much you love him..

:rip: Bailey,, say hi to Sam and Chloe for us.

clm
January 16th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I'm so sorry Frenchy. Bailey was such a gentle soul. He always looked like the perfect dog in every picture you posted of him. Hugs to you. :grouphug:

clm

ancientgirl
January 16th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Frenchy, I'm so deeply sorry. I know how very special he was to you. He's helped you with so many fosters.

:rip:Bailey.

SIL
January 16th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Frenchy...I am sorry for your loss. Bailey will be waiting for you and running free of pain with his buddies.

:rip:Bailey:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

hazelrunpack
January 16th, 2010, 10:11 PM

:candle: Bailey

Chaser
January 16th, 2010, 10:17 PM
I'm so sorry Frenchy...what a wonderful boy he was.

Rest in peace sweet Bailey :candle:

Winston
January 16th, 2010, 10:46 PM
:grouphug::grouphug::cry:

RIP Sweet Bailey! you taught your Mom well!

:candle:

krdahmer
January 17th, 2010, 12:15 AM
:grouphug::cry: I'm so sorry Frenchy.

:candle::rip: Dear Bailey...:angel:

lUvMyLaB<3
January 17th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Awe, i am so sorry, i dont have the words, you will be in my thoughts.

growler~GateKeeper
January 17th, 2010, 01:49 AM
:( I'm so sorry :2huggers:

:rip: sweet :angel2: Bailey :candle:. Bailey has many friends welcoming him at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) :candle:

jaylow51
January 17th, 2010, 01:57 AM
:sorry:I am so sorry for your irreplaceable loss. We all feel your pain, having been through the same.

edwina
January 17th, 2010, 02:11 AM
:sorry: :2huggers:
:rip: Bailey :cry:

Tig's mom
January 17th, 2010, 05:14 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Bailey.:candle:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/dawfan/Pics%20for%20Cat%20and%20dog%20forum/graphic1.jpg

norm258
January 17th, 2010, 07:00 AM
RIP Bailey I'm sorry for your loss :candle:

ownedbycats
January 17th, 2010, 07:47 AM
:grouphug: THe only thing wrong with pets is that no matter how old they are when you get them, they never live long enough. Frenchy I'm so sorry.:grouphug:

Love4himies
January 17th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I am so sorry, Frenchy :cry: :grouphug:. I only met him once and that is all it took to fall in love with him.

:rip: Bailey :candle:

cpietra16
January 17th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Frenchy I am so sorry to hear this news. My condolences. :(

chico2
January 17th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Frenchy,I don't know what to say:cry:you've had so many losses lately,it's hard to put my feelings into words:grouphug:
We'll miss seeing beautiful,kind Bailey,wish I could say something comforting:grouphug:

Frenchy
January 17th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks to everyone for your kind words. :grouphug:

It is very strange how the house feels empty , Bailey wasn't the one to be hyper and all over the house , in the end , he mostly remained on the doggy beds in the living room but still , the house is strangely very quiet this morning. :(

I have to say , my vet made a huge difference on "my pain". She was also the one for Chloe , she is so compassionate , and knows all the right words ... when I told her I couldn't believe I didn't notice Bailey's belly , if I had known ... she told me : "that's MY job , your job was to bring Bailey in this morning."

when I went to the front desk , so I could pay before the euthanasia , the girls asked if I wanted to call someone to be there with me or to pick me up. They are all so very nice , it doesn't make it easier (or maybe it does) it's nice to see how compassionate they all are. :o

and then there's you guys , you are all such a wonderful support group :grouphug:

Dee-O-Gee
January 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Oh no Frenchy. I'm so sorry to hear of this. I'm sure Bailey's at the bridge meeting up with Sam and Chloe.

:rip: sweet angel. :angel:

diandpat
January 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM
:cry::cry::cry: so very sad for you Frenchy that you have to suffer loss. It is never easy and it breaks my heart you always have to do it alone.
:rip: Sweet Bailey...like Mummy says, Sam, Daisy and Chloe were all there waiting for you. You are young, whole and healthy again...run and play now:angel2:

mona_b
January 17th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh frenchy....:cry::cry::cry::cry:..I am soooo very sorry...:grouphug:

My thoughts and prayers are with you...:(

:rip: Bailey..:candle:

:grouphug::grouphug:

My Lodi Girl
January 17th, 2010, 01:54 PM
:grouphug: I'm so sorry...
:rip: Bailey :candle:

14+kitties
January 17th, 2010, 02:00 PM
:candle::rip: sweet Bailey :candle:
Frenchy - :grouphug::grouphug: for you. I am so deeply sorry.

I’ve gone to join my brother Mom.
My job on earth is done.
We’ve taught you well
your lot in life. So now…..
I’ve gone to join my brother Mom.
We’ll wait for you to come.

rainbow
January 17th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I am so very sorry, Frenchy :2huggers: .....my sincerest condolences to you. :candle: :grouphug:

:rip: Sweet Bailey :candle:

Tundra_Queen
January 17th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Frenchy I am so very sorry for your loss. :cry:

Bailey was such a sweetheart and you were both so lucky to be in each other's life. :grouphug:
Debbie

sugarcatmom
January 17th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Good night sweet Bailey. :candle:

My heartfelt condolences to you, Frenchy. I'm so sorry for your loss. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-sad-smileys-731.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Flag-Smileys/)

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened."
-Dr. Seuss

Frenchy
January 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM
it breaks my heart you always have to do it alone.

don't worry about me diandpat :o the other dogs don't know how to be sad for long .... they went on with their business , kept me busy , took care of me , even made me laugh out loud. :o

and yes , I did loose many dogs in a short time , but it is to be expected , to adopt older dogs , you don't have as many years with them but , they give back triple. I have been blessed , with so many good dogs in my life :dog: and I can't wait to be able to adopt another senior.

ancientgirl
January 17th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I have been blessed , with so many good dogs in my life :dog: and I can't wait to be able to adopt another senior.

Frenchy, you are a brave woman and have an enormous heart. You have taken in so many dogs that were unloved and have given them something they would never have had, a chance.

Bailey left this world knowing he was loved beyond all measure.

t.pettet
January 17th, 2010, 07:25 PM
My condolences on your loss of Bailey. What a beautiful boy her was.

dmc123
January 18th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Frenchy, I also want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss.

RIP Bailey

Diane

BenMax
January 18th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Frenchy - I am so very sorry. I know how much you loved Bailey. I am here if you need me.:grouphug:

RIP dear angel.:rip::angel:

marko
January 18th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Frenchy. :sorry: Please accept my condolences on your loss.

:rip:sweet Bailey :candle:

Sincerely,

Marko

wendy205
January 18th, 2010, 01:45 PM
sorry to hear regarding bailey, its hard to loose and also to except the loss maybe time will heal and take away the pain of your loss, but your memories of bailley will you treasure for always.
memories are forever in our hearts
rest in peace bailey

heidiho
January 18th, 2010, 02:41 PM
just catching up,so very sorry for your loss..:rip::angel2:

Sylvie
January 18th, 2010, 05:30 PM
My heart goes out to you in your loss.

:rip: Bailey

Dog Dancer
January 18th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Frenchy - you are a rock. That you take in these seniors and love them to pieces knowing how it will hurt far too soon. Bless you a thousand times over. Bailey - you are young again now, but this time you have known love. Run free sweet boy with your friends. My thoughts are with you Frenchy. Now excuse me while I go give Shadow a big hug and kiss.

teegee
January 18th, 2010, 06:02 PM
:sorry: My condolences to you

CarolynInPEI
January 18th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Frenchy,

Sending you and your family my deepest condolences.
:rip: Bailey :angel2:

dogcatharmony
January 18th, 2010, 07:43 PM
:grouphug: Run free sweet Bailey. My deepest condolences to you Frenchy

Frenchy
January 18th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Thank you :grouphug: everybody has been so nice :o

angeldogs
January 19th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I'm sorry frenchy for your loss.my condolences.

:rip:Bailey

budgrrl
January 20th, 2010, 12:01 AM
so sorry for your loss frenchy!! :grouphug:
bailey :angel2:

Smiley14
January 21st, 2010, 06:00 PM
Oh, Frenchy, I am so very sorry.

Rest in peace, Bailey. :candle:

TeriM
January 22nd, 2010, 01:02 AM
Bailey is the reason why I started fostering. He made everything so easy , loved everyone , every dog and every cat. He was my first dog , he was 5-6 yr old when I adopted him in 2003 , one month after moving into my first house. He also gave me a crash course on pet health , with his allergies and being heartworm positive. He was always the best of dog , soooo patient and loving. Not a mean bone in his body. Even when he became blind and partially deaf , he never lost patience with the other younger dogs here.

Bailey and you were lucky to have found each other :grouphug:. I am so sorry for your loss Frenchy, he was a very special dog :angel:.

wdawson
January 22nd, 2010, 11:12 PM
frenchy
i'm so sorry to hear this :cry:

Frenchy
January 23rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks again guys.

It has been a week now. I still look for him sometimes , like earlier this morning when I was making head counts :o

hazelrunpack
January 23rd, 2010, 01:02 PM

mummummum
January 23rd, 2010, 11:20 PM
Oh kiddo ~ I am so very saddened to hear this. My heart goes out to you. Bailey was such a dear sweet soul. It's been a rough go for you of late ~ be gentle with yourself.:grouphug:

Frenchy
January 24th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Thank you so much M3X :grouphug: I know it has been rough for you too :(

:offtopic: we miss you :2huggers:

catlover2
January 24th, 2010, 07:01 PM
:( So sorry to hear of Bailey's passing. I truly believe no love is ever lost; you will always remember and love Bailey and he will too in return....some day.

"No Heaven will not ever heaven be; unless my pets are there to welcome me." ~ Anonymous

Frenchy
January 25th, 2010, 07:00 PM
thank you catlover2

babymomma
January 25th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Oh No frenchy.. I am so so so sorry.. :grouphug:

:rip: Sweet bailey.

I feel your pain frenchy:(

Im so sorrry.

kashtin's kin
January 25th, 2010, 07:50 PM
My heartfelt condolences to you, frenchy; those pictures of Bailey were beautiful. His sweet nature sure shone through :dog::rip:. You obviously learned a lot for each other...and will always be a part of each other...always. "Bonne journee, Bailey-cher chien."

mikischo
January 26th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Frenchy, I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful Bailey.:grouphug: It is so very hard to let go, but Bailey left this world knowing he was very much loved.

:candle:Run free, sweet :angel2: Bailey :dog: :candle:

Luvmypitgirls
February 20th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Ohh Frenchy, I am sooo very sorry for your loss.:cry:
Rest in Peace Bailey :candle:

Frenchy
February 20th, 2010, 11:34 AM
thank you lmpg , it seem it wasn't bad enough to loose Bailey , now Nelly is at the animal hospital with either vestibular syndrome (central) or brain tumor or inflammation. The house is extra empty this morning. :(

Sylvie
February 20th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Oh Frenchy,

I am praying:pray: for vestibular syndrome, my girl had it and she had a full recovery. Good Luck

buddingartist
February 20th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Oh Frenchy, I am so very sorry for what you are going through.

Makes us all think and perhaps it is what makes us all empathetic to your loss.

Rest in peace Bailey:candle:

krdahmer
February 20th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Tons and tons of :goodvibes::pray::goodvibes::pray: for Nelly :grouphug:

onster
February 20th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Oh frenchy, I am so so sorry.

All my prayers and good vibes for Nelly :goodvibes::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Tommysmom
February 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I'm so sorry Frenchy, hoping for the best for you and Nelly:grouphug:.

14+kitties
February 20th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Aww Frenchy, you know you have my thoughts and prayers with you and Nelly. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

BusterBoo
February 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
Frenchy, I am so sorry to hear about Bailey, I am thankful I got to meet her, she was such a gentle soul. :cry:

And now Nelly.... :pray: I will keep you in my prayers, Hang in there..... :grouphug:

chico2
February 21st, 2010, 08:35 AM
Oh no Frenchy,not "our"Nelly,she's just a babe:pray::pray:she's all right:fingerscr
Maybe you mentioned it in another post,but I am missing so much lately:(Nelly just cannot get seriously ill:goodvibes:

Frenchy
February 21st, 2010, 09:45 AM
Oh no Frenchy,not "our"Nelly,she's just a babe:pray::pray:she's all right:fingerscr
Maybe you mentioned it in another post,but I am missing so much lately:(Nelly just cannot get seriously ill:goodvibes:

I'll open a thread :o

diandpat
February 21st, 2010, 09:48 AM
I'll open a thread :o

Does that mean you have (GOOD) news this morning???? :fingerscr

dbg10
March 10th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I am so sorry I missed this but I have missed a lot lately. I feel for you Frenchy. Baily was a wonderful member of your family, may she :candle: :rip: RIP running free of pain with the other doggies.

Frenchy
March 10th, 2010, 08:43 PM
thank you dbg10 :grouphug:

by now , you know how wonderful it is , to adopt those senior dogs. We may not have much time with them as we would like to but , they're so worth it !

MyBirdIsEvil
March 10th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Frency :(

You were a great owner and that's all a dog can ask for. You better than a lot of people know that's something they don't all have.

R.I.P Bailey and glad he went peacefully.

Frenchy
March 10th, 2010, 09:01 PM
thank you MyBirdIsEvil , I know you've also been there not too long ago :grouphug:

Molly'sMom
March 10th, 2010, 10:17 PM
I totally understand how you feel. Our pets are our family too! I have lost two pets and each time the staff at the vets office was so compassionate even to the extent of sending sympathy cards.

After the loss of my pets I couldn't think of having another one (and it was several years) but I have got another one and loving every minute.

You will always miss you precious friend but you have special memories and that is worth so much.

Lukka'sma
March 11th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Frenchy I am so sorry that you have lost your dear sweet Bailey.
May Bailey rest in peace:candle: