Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What a way to start the day...!

cassiek
January 12th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I just have to rant/share the start to my day this morning... it's funny now, but sure wasn't at the time! :laughing:

Woke up this morning, have been battling a cold :sick:, and was so looking forward to having a nice hot and long shower... well just had got the shampoo rinsed out of my hair and my water ran out!! :wall: I live on a farm, and normally my landlord is wicked awesome for keeping the tank full, but it ran out this morning mid-shower. :yell:

Then I get a call from a very, very angry customer of mine (I sell chicken/turkey/horse feed in the S. Alberta Area). We have had a huge contamination outbreak in our mill with some feed made at the start of the New Year and while we initially thought it was isolated to 3 of my broiler farms, I am now up to a grand total of six, and I'm sure there will be more to come! :wall: :frustrated:

So after this call, I got in a panic to get my arse out the door and in my hurry I slam the door behind me (with the handle locked) and left my keys in the house! :loser: Truck keys and all. :rolleyes: Luckily, I had my cell phone and was able to call a locksmith (my landlords were not home and of course me being uber-lazy I have not got around to getting a spare cut :loser:). Well, not only did the locksmith having issues finding my place (since there is no address etc. although it really is quite simple), they charged me an extra $30.00 (came to $75.00 in total), because I live a whole 10 kms out of the city! Whoop de doo :frustrated:!! Fortunately it was about +5C out, and I made good use of the time and cleaned up a ton of dog poop :dog:... totally my fault but GRRRRR! P.S. With the :2cents: they charge, I am looking into becoming a locksmith as my new career! :laughing:

All this happened before 10 AM, haha! Fortunately, my day turned around afterwards and was fine but sheesh!! :(

growler~GateKeeper
January 12th, 2010, 11:20 PM
That's most def. a sucky start :grouphug: :fingerscr you don't have any more mornings like that & can get your production issues all worked out quickly :goodvibes:

Now go get a spare key cut! :D

TeriM
January 12th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Eek :eek:, hope you have a much better day tomorrow :goodvibes:.

14+kitties
January 12th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I just want to crawl back into bed on days like that. Hopefully you won't have another like it for quite some time.

cassiek
January 12th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the nice thoughts guys :cloud9:

And growler, you will be so proud of me, as soon as I got in my truck I went straight to Home Hardware and got keys cut and as soon as I got home I put the spare outside! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
January 12th, 2010, 11:54 PM
:yell: :grouphug:

I'm glad that at least the day improved for you! Where did you get the courage to continue after such a start! :o I think I'm with 14+...I would have ended back in bed with the covers pulled over my head! How did you get the soap out of your hair? :eek:

hazelrunpack
January 12th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Oh, never mind...I guess you already addressed that last question! :o :laughing:

What can I say? I was so tired out from your terrible morning I wasn't reading straight, I guess. :p

growler~GateKeeper
January 13th, 2010, 12:00 AM
And growler, you will be so proud of me, as soon as I got in my truck I went straight to Home Hardware and got keys cut and as soon as I got home I put the spare outside! :thumbs up

:highfive: :D

Luvmypitgirls
January 14th, 2010, 04:41 AM
cassiek, sorry you had such a tuff start to your day, but glad it all turned around for ya in the afternoon.
I just noticed that you are in Lethbridge, I was just wondering, I was hoping to make a trip there this summer to see the Japanese Gardens, I hear it's wonderful, is it worth the trip from High River?
What else is in Lethbridge to see? I'd like to take my son down there for a day trip.

cassiek
January 15th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Hi LMPG,

The Japanese Gardens are beautiful! They are located on Mayor Magrath in an area called Henderson Lake, which is actually quite pretty in itself... they have a nice long walk path that goes around the lake where I often walk my dogs in the summer. There also is a nice pool at Henderson Lake which your son may enjoy!

Hmmm other activities in Lethbridge... to be honest, I just moved here last summer and am becoming acquainted with it myself! I know during the summer almost every weekend they have events at Henderson Lake. There also is a nice mini-golfing course if you head out on highway four out of Lethbridge!

Another place I would recommend is the Birds of Prey Centre in Coaldale (located just 10 mins out of Lethbridge). I have never personally been there myself, but apparently it's pretty awesome and your son may really enjoy it!