Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My diagnose from Doc..

chico2
January 12th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I've"only"got Gall-Stones,so much better than Colon-Cancer that I suspected:thumbs up
I'll see tomorrow what will be done about it,I'll be deleriously happy if this pain can go away:fingerscr

Love4himies
January 12th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Wahoo, well, not for the gall stones, but that it is not as serious as colon cancer. :grouphug:

luckypenny
January 12th, 2010, 04:24 PM
You must be so relieved....because I'm deliriously happy that that's all it is too, Chico :2huggers:. I think more than a few of us were very worried about you :o. Tell your doc that we demand he gets you feeling 100% better asap :goodvibes:.

quincymycat
January 12th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Chico, I feel your pain..literally. I had my gall bladder out years ago, but boy do I remember the pain of an attack. My greatest sympathies.... and congratulations it is to quote your doctor, who has likely never had an attack ..."only gallstones"! :D

bendyfoot
January 12th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I'm torn between "Yay! Now you know, and it's something you can fix!!!" :thumbs upand "OWWWWWWWWWWW".:grouphug:

Glad you finally have the answer and here's to a speedy resolution. :goodvibes:

krdahmer
January 12th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Oh ya I can relate!!!:grouphug: I've had gallstones and gallbladder problems for the last 4 years....an acute attack is sooooo painful. I get an attack almost every time a chicken wing touches my tongue! I did some research and there are foods you can eat that help....and once just the doctor pushing on my gallbladder area was enough to dislodge the stone and ease the pain! (Also, gross, but once my pee turned orange and I guess that is when the stones get out of your gallbladder and block the duct from your liver!:eek:) I also always have a few toredol pills on hand, they really help when it's at it's worst and they also make my back feel better! Did the doc talk about having the gallbladder removed? I was supposed to, but wanted to avoid surgery so I just adjusted what I was eating to avoid fat (especially from meats) as much as possible. Since changing my diet I've only had about 3 attacks in the last 2 years.

I'm sorry you have gallstones but am glad you got a diagnosis...the stress you get with not knowing always makes you feel worse. Hope you're feelin better soon! :goodvibes:

edwina
January 12th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Hope your feeling better soon. :grouphug:

the gang
January 12th, 2010, 07:07 PM
sending good vibes, get better soon brenda and the pins:goodvibes:

My Lodi Girl
January 12th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I'm glad it is "only gallstones"! BTDT. I hope you feel better now. :goodvibes:

Tommysmom
January 12th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Chico, sorry to hear you've been ill but good to know they've figured out the problem. I'm not sure if you realize that I'm really only about a 20 minute drive from you... if there is ever anything you need, please just shout! I've got a couple of months left home on mat leave and would be more than happy to help in any way - we need to keep you healthy enough to supply us with photos of your gang all the time:lovestruck:.

JanM
January 12th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I'm glad its "fixable" and sure hope you get some relief soon! Keep well..

14+kitties
January 12th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I am glad it's something that is treatable as well. You have suffered quite some time with this. Hopefully they can fix it soon. But then again........ those chocolates........ and the spoiling.......... :D Hubby is good to you all the time though. :thumbs up
Tommysmom is right. She is pretty close. Right in between both of us. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
January 12th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Sending :goodvibes: for a quick recovery, chico! It's no fun to feel crummy but at least your main worries have been set at ease! :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
January 12th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Sending along some :goodvibes: for speedy recovery

TeriM
January 12th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I'm glad it was gallstones instead of cancer but lots of hugs for the pain you must also be in :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:. Hope you find a quick solution and feel better soon :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:.

aslan
January 13th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Chico2, sorry you're not feeling well but am glad it isn't something worse. Here's to a speedy recovery..Like Tommy'smom said if you need anything let us know, Grace drives right past your house everyday..and we would love an excuse to pop in and visit you and hubby and the boys.:grouphug:

ownedbycats
January 13th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I must have missed where you said how sick you were feeling. I'm glad to know it's only gall stones. I'm sorry you had to wait so long to find out what was wrong, the suspense of not knowing is not fun.

chico2
January 13th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Dahmer,Quincymycat,I am not sure what an attack means,I've been in pain since after Christmas,it does not come and go:confused:
The only time it does not hurt is if I lay down or sit and it's moved from the right side to the left:confused:
I am seeing the doc this afternoon,to talk about options,so we'll see..

D,QMC,I've read that after surgery I need to watch my diet:yell:does that mean no choclate,beer or cheese:frustrated:noooooo:laughing:

Aslan,Tommys Mom thank you,but I am fine hubby is a angel,cooks,cleans,goes shopping etc..takes Bailey out,but he cannot walk her,since he cannot pick up poop,without vomitting:laughing:
Thank you all:grouphug:

Love4himies
January 13th, 2010, 09:49 AM
D,QMC,I've read that after surgery I need to watch my diet:yell:does that mean no choclate,beer or cheese:frustrated:noooooo:laughing:

:eek::eek::eek: eeek gads, I think my "quality of life" would drop significantly if I had to cut out those foods and drink. My sympathies :grouphug: and some :goodvibes: for you.

quincymycat
January 13th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Dahmer,Quincymycat,I am not sure what an attack means,I've been in pain since after Christmas,it does not come and go:confused:
The only time it does not hurt is if I lay down or sit and it's moved from the right side to the left:confused:
I am seeing the doc this afternoon,to talk about options,so we'll see..

Thank you all:grouphug:

Chico, in my experience, an "attack" usually followed eating something that would cause really great pain in my left side and surprisingly, into my shoulder - referred pain. It was really acute and would be in waves, accompanied with nausea and vomitting. Not fun at all. :sick:
Just because that was how in presented in me, doesn't necessarily mean it is always the same for everyone...one of the fun things of being human!:D
I put up with it for a long time before finally deciding to have the sugery because I was a coward! Today, the sugery, should you and your doctor decide to go that way is done by laprascope and requires only a tiny little incision. In 1980, when mine was done, there was no such thing.... I have a 9 inch oblique incision scar. Thank you for medical progress. :thumbs up
As for giving up any foods? I guess you could if you desired a "healthy" :angel: lifestyle, but I am too old to worry about that. I was never told to stop eating anything after the surgery and I love cheese, fried foods and beer!
Good luck with your doctor. :highfive: :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
January 13th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Chico, I'm glad you were able to get a diagnosis for your pain. And I am glad it is something that is less scary than cancer.:grouphug:

chico2
January 13th, 2010, 10:26 AM
QMC,I think I'll opt for surgery,get rid of this one thing for all,OMG I am soooo sick and tired of this,I do not normally sit still much..
I had a hernia operation done by Laproscopy(sp???),quick recovery and no huge scar

A-G,thank's,I am relieved too:cat:

quincymycat
January 13th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Good luck Chico. I think you are making the right decision. My friend had it done last year and she was admited only as day surgery and was home the same evening. Her recovery was phenomenal.
Feel free to ask my anything that may come to you between now and then. I'll be around!
Good luck!

aslan
January 13th, 2010, 12:30 PM
chico2 my ex has the surgery done too at the ripe old age of 29.:eek:. it was 3 tiny, tiny little incisions one of which was the navel..healed quickly with little discomfort too.. She went home within hours of the surgery. gotta love modern medicine...if it's gall stones can they not treat them the same as kidney stones..they have been using ultrasound to bust them up so they pass on their own.:shrug:

Magicwildwolf69
January 13th, 2010, 03:38 PM
glad its not cancer but oowwww for the gallstones hope you are feeling better soon! :grouphug::grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls
January 14th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Chico, I am so happy to hear that your diagnosis isn't what you had feared.
I hope your gall stone issue can be taken care of without too much pain or surgery.
I hope your back issues are getting better as well.
Sending you good:goodvibes: and :grouphug: in hopes that you have a speedy recovery.

chico2
January 14th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Thank's again everyone,but unfortunately the doc said,my pain is not from gall-stones,I have crystals but it's not urgent.
So I am back to square one,still in pain:yell:.
Our doctor does not know what it is,so I am getting an appointment with a surgeon,when,I don't know yet..maybe I should just have gone to Emergency,it probably would have been faster.
So,the saga continues:cat:

Love4himies
January 14th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Oh no, :grouphug:. Did he give you anything for the pain?

Are the crystals in your gall bladder?

I was just thinking, is the the pain that poor kitties go through when they have crystals.:(

chico2
January 14th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Yes,they are,but not enough to cause me this pain on the left side,gall-bladder is on the right.
I'll probably have to go through a dreaded Colonoscopy:yell:

quincymycat
January 14th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Yes,they are,but not enough to cause me this pain on the left side,gall-bladder is on the right.
I'll probably have to go through a dreaded Colonoscopy:yell:

:sorry: At least they really sedate you now for it. So far, I have missed that wonderful experience! Probably because I avoid the doctor! :D

And yes, you would likely be seen sooner by a surgeon if you went to ER, but you would likely have to spend a day or so waiting to be seen! Then, hopefully you wouldn't just be sent home to continue "what you have already been prescribed and wait for your referral."

Hospitals and waiting times really suck sometimes....:sick:

rainbow
January 14th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Aw, Chico, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. :grouphug:

Welcome to our wonderful medical system's merry-go-round :rolleyes: .....I hope you get an appointment to see the surgeon soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes: