Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New cat for roxy

heidiho
January 12th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Hey everyone.,..hope the same people are still here,been awhile...Im back in arizona,got my own place,and decided roxy was lonely and got new kitten his name is teddy and he is awesome....Only problem is he never has solid stools,took to vet twice,ran tests,cant find anything wrong.Told me i could switch to a food they have their,but then roxy would have to eat it to,so not sure what to do about that one...Anyway hope all is well with everyone.

rainbow
January 12th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Hey Heidi ....welcome back. :highfive: Glad you got your own place again. Are you working? New bf? Hope all is going well for you. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Congrats on the new kitten and you know that pics are a must. Hope to see some soon as well as Roxy. :lovestruck:

I'm presuming the vet must have wormed Teddy so what are you feeding him and Roxy now? :)

Winston
January 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Heidiho!! Long time no post! How are you doing? I hope things are going good! Sounds like things have changed quite a bit since yoou were last on! You were staying with your mom! Great news on having your own place!

Awe Roxy has a friend! thats awesome! and they get along great?

What are you feeding them now? Hard of Soft food and what kind? maybe between all the people with food knowledge on here you might be able to find something they both like?

Oh I have to ask....PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!! :thumbs up

Thanks for checking in again!!!

Cindy

heidiho
January 12th, 2010, 02:46 PM
when i drop off camera i will get them put on disc to show you,he is all white with patches of black,his face is half black and half white,with a black spot on his nose.....he is a total lap cat,i adore him..Roxy tolerates him,he just terrorizes her and she is overweight and older so you know how that goes...So funny as soon as i get home he runs into the bathroom and i HAVE toi turn the water on,he cries and cries til i do....I got him from a rescue place and yeah he was dewormed and everything,i feed them solid gold dry food,rox has been eating that for years i hate to have to change it..Gonna wait another month(had him about a month now) and see if it gets any better,,cant wait to show you his pics,he is just adorable..I work at a solar company as receptionist and assistant to the owner....In a little over my head in apt,but rox just wasnt doing real well at parents so i went for it,

hazelrunpack
January 12th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Welcome back, Heidi! :highfive:

I've got no cat advice cuz we're still overrun with dogs here, but I'm going to join the general clamor for pics when you get a chance! :D

krdahmer
January 12th, 2010, 03:03 PM
WB! Congrats on the new kitty and the new place....can't wait for photos! I took in a 10 month old kitty back at the end of october and he's had runny-runnyish poop this whole time, had everything checked out and he's fine, we just figure he's having trouble adjusting to the rich food we feed around here! And talk about stink....:yuck::laughing:

heidiho
January 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM
OMG the smell is awful,i thought it was because if the food change to,but a month seems a little long...Nothing like trying to scoop up runny crap with kitty litter all over it...ha ha so glad ya all are here

Love4himies
January 12th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Welcome back, Heidi!

It is probably the food, could be too much carbs or could be an allergy and may not clear up unless you change foods.

Can't wait to see pics.:fingerscr

heidiho
January 12th, 2010, 05:40 PM
That means roxy is gonna have to eat the same food,even though it is for intestinal problems,which i dont min d,but want to make sure it wont hurt her...

ownedbycats
January 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM
You said you have him on a dry food? Try switching him to a diet at least partially cnosisting of wet food. As the food gurus on here will tell you wet is much better for cats than dry, especially male neutered cats. Dry food has been linked to numerous health problems including diabetes, hyperthyroidism, and others.

joeysmama
January 13th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Hi Heidi. Congratulations on the new baby. :lovestruck:

It sounds as though things are going well. You were with your mom and her kitties for a while right? Is it better for Roxy now that you're in your own place? Pics please !!!!

heidiho
January 13th, 2010, 12:40 PM
roxy is doing much better now that we have our own place...Oh yeah BTW,2 out of the four cats my mom takes care of one male one female,i trapped and got fixed,so proud of myself that i was able to pull it off,the female was pregnant with a second litter when i took her in...I set up the traps and figured i would just try and pick them up and put them in there,and it worked,the male i almosdt didnt get but with a little pushing got him in crate

Love4himies
January 13th, 2010, 12:56 PM
roxy is doing much better now that we have our own place...Oh yeah BTW,2 out of the four cats my mom takes care of one male one female,i trapped and got fixed,so proud of myself that i was able to pull it off,the female was pregnant with a second litter when i took her in...I set up the traps and figured i would just try and pick them up and put them in there,and it worked,the male i almosdt didnt get but with a little pushing got him in crate

:thumbs up:thumbs up great work.

heidiho
January 13th, 2010, 01:20 PM
thank you,i am pretty stoked about that......and they said when you release them they might take off and not come back for a few days,not them,they never left and i swear became more afffectionate to me.

rainbow
January 14th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Awesome job on getting the cats trapped and fixed. :angel: :thumbs up

I agree that the SG food was probably a drastic change from what Teddy was used to eating therefore causing the loose stools. If he'll eat yogurt try giving him a wee bit (the plain organic kind) or else some pumpkin (plain canned stuff, not the pie filling one) to see if that helps. Or else you can buy some probiotics from the drug store or health food store or else some slippery elm from there.

Looking forward to the pics. :goodvibes:

Dog Dancer
January 14th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Welcome back Heidi! So good to hear you and Roxy are doing well, and that you have a new furbaby. No advice on the food really as we are dog folks, but sounds like you've had good advice so far.

I'm with the others though, anxiously awaiting pics...

heidiho
January 15th, 2010, 12:32 PM
will drop camera off this weekend and have pics by monday..wait to you see how friggin cute he is....just love him,but rox will always be # 1....

ownedbycats
January 16th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Ooh, kitten pics :cloud9: Can we have some of Roxy too please?

cpietra16
January 16th, 2010, 06:42 AM
good to see you again, Welcome back

chico2
January 16th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Heidi,I've thought of you often and I am so glad you are doing ok:thumbs up
Great you managed to trap these cats,it does give you a great feeling:cat:
I too will eagerly wait for pics,the baby sounds wonderful,but don't forget beautiful Roxy:grouphug: