Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pinched Nerve--HELP!

Dee-O-Gee
January 10th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Any suggestions for a pinched nerve! OMG...I'm in agony! :yell:

Pinched nerve in upper back (near right shoulder blade) has caused soreness in my arm and numbness in my fingertips.

Which is best, applying hot or cold treatments??? :shrug:

hazelrunpack
January 10th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Ouch! Don't know what to tell you. Which feels better? I'd go with that... Do you have a dr's or a chiropractor's appt set up soon? :fingerscr

Hope you feel better soon! :goodvibes: :grouphug:

budgrrl
January 10th, 2010, 09:33 PM
if its a new injury, then apply cold first. it will reduce swelling and inflammation. after a few days, then apply heat - which will soothe and loosen up the muscles.

hope you feel better soon! take care of yourself :)

the gang
January 10th, 2010, 09:36 PM
chryo works great

Dee-O-Gee
January 10th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Ouch! Don't know what to tell you. Which feels better? I'd go with that... Do you have a dr's or a chiropractor's appt set up soon? :fingerscr

Hope you feel better soon! :goodvibes: :grouphug:

I just woke up with it this morning. Well actually, I could feel something tightening up last evening but must have aggrevated while sleeping.

I've been laying on the couch for the better part of the day with my shoulder propped under pillows. Right now, I have a heating pad underneath but it's only making me have hot flashes! :mad:

If it continues over the next couple days, I guess I need to break down and call the DR's or a Massage Therapist!

Dee-O-Gee
January 10th, 2010, 09:42 PM
if its a new injury, then apply cold first. it will reduce swelling and inflammation. after a few days, then apply heat - which will soothe and loosen up the muscles.

hope you feel better soon! take care of yourself :)

I bought some of this cold spray stuff today and it helped when I was trying to get stuff done around the house. The best thing that worked today was just vegging out on the couch. :laughing: (oh...that hurt to laugh!)

So I should apply cold for now eh Budgrrl? Thanks for the suggestion and well wishes. :)

clm
January 10th, 2010, 11:54 PM
heat feels nicer, but it's cold that'll help. I hope it feels better for you soon. DH just had a stint with the same thing. It bothered him for about a week. He really found trying to back the car out of the driveway a real challenge.

clm

lUvMyLaB<3
January 11th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Oh my gosh i did that too! Just a little tip, to feel better raise your arm over your head, it takes the pressure off the nerve, and ahhh feels better!

ancientgirl
January 11th, 2010, 08:14 AM
I have this roll on stuff called Icy-hot. It usually helps with pains like that.

onster
January 11th, 2010, 05:52 PM
sorry no advice, but I do hope you feel better very soon :grouphug:

rainbow
January 11th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Feeling any better today, klm? :grouphug: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Dee-O-Gee
January 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM
OMG...what a ruff night!

Hardly any sleep and woke up to even worse! :yell:

At 7 this morning, I called a chiropractors office to see if they had an answering machine so I could call back and they answered!

I went for the appointment at 8:30 am and from the pain I was describing, he was concerned something else was going on so he did x-rays and had me go back at 1:45 this afternoon. He didn't want to go snapping and cracking this morning without reviewing the x-rays first.

So this afternoon, the x-rays revealed that I have a crooked spine and my 5th & 6th vertabrae have closed in on the disc in between which have now aggrevated the nerves.

Right now he wants to treat the pain and the numbness in my arm and fingers first. Not sure what the prognosis is for the crooked spine but I just need the pain to go away! :cry::cry::cry:

BTW... everyone was right in that I need to ice, ice, ice (no heat!) :thumbs up

budgrrl
January 11th, 2010, 08:14 PM
hope you get some relief soon!! :grouphug:

a few beers would help too!! :D

Dee-O-Gee
January 11th, 2010, 08:37 PM
hope you get some relief soon!! :grouphug:

a few beers would help too!! :D

Having one right now with a cold pack on my back! :D

rainbow
January 11th, 2010, 10:45 PM