Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Not impressed with some dog adoption agencies

Zoereane
January 8th, 2010, 07:27 PM
*********** is to me a very prejudicial agency. Especially when they totally deny the one person I think would be the best to raise a puppy and be able to be with them 24/7 because they are a manager of a pet store and live for dogs.:wall:

clm
January 8th, 2010, 08:00 PM
did they give a reason for the denial?

bendyfoot
January 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM
zoeraene, IME every rescue agency has a different set of screening criteria for potential new owners, and often they are very strict on some points. Perhaps it was just not a good fit with this particular rescue? Or simply that there was another person/family who was a better fit for the particular dog?

Frenchy
January 8th, 2010, 08:46 PM
**********************is to me a very prejudicial agency. Especially when they totally deny the one person I think would be the best to raise a puppy and be able to be with them 24/7 because they are a manager of a pet store and live for dogs.:wall:

And how would you know you're the best family ever for this dog ? If 10 people filled out adoption application for this one puppy , the rescue can't cut the dog into 10 pieces to please everyone. They have to choose ONE. So one family is happy , 8 are sad , and one is obviously pissed. You should see it from the rescue side , I'm sure they're doing their best to place these pups.

Bailey_
January 8th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I think Frenchy made a great point in the other thread. This likely wasn't the only dog up for adoption. Surely your friends could find another puppy or dog that they are looking for with this rescue, or another one.

When my own parents were looking for a new addition to their home, they went through a few rescues searching for a dog. One rescue refused their application for a shar pei that they were interested in, because the rescue wanted the dog to go to a home with another dog. Of course my parents had to inquire further and make a few phonecalls to find out why they had been refused, however they understood once they knew the full reasons. They now own an adorable little bichon X and the match couldn't have been better for both dog and my parents.

Sometimes it has nothing to do with the potential owners. It just means that the dog requires certain things, and maybe another family suited those requirements better than your friends or family.

It doesn't mean that a rescue is not reputable. If anything it just proves how hard they're trying to find the best suitable home for that specific animal and it's needs.

Chaser
January 8th, 2010, 11:42 PM
It doesn't mean that a rescue is not reputable. If anything it just proves how hard they're trying to find the best suitable home for that specific animal and it's needs.

100% agreed.

marko
January 9th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Hi Zoereane,

Welcome to our forum.

Please note that we have strict rules on slander and bashing other companies and rescues, please stop doing this.

Feel free to talk about your experiences in general terms.

Thanks in advance - Marko Admin

Zoereane
January 9th, 2010, 01:05 PM
According to them there was no one wanting the dog the wife said that my friend was perfect for the puppy but the husband just did not want her to have the puppy. Rhyme (the puppies name) would always be with her at the pet store or at home if not she would be with me. My friend and are i don't think can be anymore dog lovers than anyone else i know.

Zoereane
January 9th, 2010, 01:06 PM
they did not want to give her a reason

marko
January 9th, 2010, 01:29 PM
This thread has run its course and will now be closed.
Given that the rescue/Shelter won't be named, and so it cannot defend itself let's move onto another topic please.