Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Microchipping, some info.

krdahmer
August 26th, 2004, 10:52 PM
I didn't want to steal the first thread just to do this FYI... I called around and finally found the company that made Buca's chip. I explained the story to the woman and asked if the info could be changed without the original owner because we were the fourth people to take the little guy in. I must have sounded pretty convincing cause she changed all the info and now if he is lost & found either my husband and I or my parents will be contacted. We are on as the owners and my parents the emergency contacts, all others that were on the account are now erased (adios hussie and crack heads!!!!!!!!) There was no charge for this, all I did was provide my info and the info for my Vet. Now in my situation that was so great, but afterwards, I thought, if it's that easy, whats to stop someone from petnapping and just changing all that info! :eek:

Kona Dawg
August 27th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Just keep a record of the micro chip ID# in a safe place. When the company changes the info, the ID# will still remain the same. If heaven forbid something like that happens, and the "new" owners change the info it will be very simple to find them, and your pup.