Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rescue for blind dog?

brianna079
January 4th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Does anyone have any info on any rescues that place dogs that are blind (or have vision problems)? thank you!

Frenchy
January 4th, 2010, 08:54 PM
This rescue takes the "underdogs"

http://www.hopefulhearts.ca/

and here's where shelters can post blind dogs up for adoption :

http://www.blinddogs.com/BD-adopt.htm

Macomom
January 4th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I have fostered for Hopeful Hearts and cannot say enough about how compassionate and gentle they are. Please PM me if you have any questions I can answer. Any dog in their care is in the most loving hands.

BenMax
January 5th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hi Brianna - I have passed on this information to your shelter manager. I will touch base with her and the rescue if transport is required.

brianna079
January 5th, 2010, 11:38 AM
thank you everyone!

I searched the net last night and found the hopeful hearts site. :thumbs up

The dog in question will be visiting the vet tomorrow to see whats up with him.

BenMax - thank you! and do you have any news about any of the huskies that have been placed?

BenMax
January 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM
thank you everyone!

I searched the net last night and found the hopeful hearts site. :thumbs up

The dog in question will be visiting the vet tomorrow to see whats up with him.

BenMax - thank you! and do you have any news about any of the huskies that have been placed?

One of those huskies with eye issue was sent to the rescue I recommended to your manager. They would really be the best rescue for the pup.

:offtopic: Most of the huskies sent to rescues have been adopted. There are a few left and 3 are still currently being fostered to help them adjust to home life. I have no news on the ones sent to the US however. All I know is that in Canada, not one was euthanized and all are doing very well. Infact, one rescue has requested another older husky. If your shelter has one, let me know and perhaps we can get him/her to that rescue.

brianna079
January 5th, 2010, 06:29 PM
BenMax - sending you a pm :thumbs up

BHRR
January 13th, 2010, 01:58 PM
BHRR assists Giant Breeds that are blind or have vision problems.

Does anyone have any info on any rescues that place dogs that are blind (or have vision problems)? thank you!

brianna079
January 13th, 2010, 07:25 PM
thank you! but our canine friend in question is a small cross.