Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My life as a single girl

ancientgirl
January 4th, 2010, 12:31 PM
So, back around the ending of November some guy emailed me from one of the dating sites I belong to. We exchanged a couple of emails, and then I never heard from him again. He left me hanging when I asked him when he wanted to meet.

Fast forward about 2 weeks, and he emails me apologizing for dropping the ball.

Okay, I told him it was cool. After all, it was the holidays blah blah blah... we exchanged a few more emails and I asked him if he was free that coming Sunday, I sent him that email on a Wednesday. Never heard from him, until 2 weeks later, a few days after Christmas. His email was "Free the next couple of days..." That was it.

I emailed him back that I was busy and good luck finding someone else.

Then he emails me back, he thought since my profile said I wasn't looking for "someone tied at the hip," I would be fine with not hearing from him, and that his son is more important than his social life blah blah blah.

Well, two days ago, he emails me again, asking me to give him a chance. He tells me he has his son a lot, and he's got no baby-sitter and to please give him a chance, he's a good guy.

Against my better judgment, I write him back telling him I may be able to meet for coffee, sent the email and it bounces back. Apparently he blocked me after his last email to me. So, I can't email him with my profile and he's forgotten he blocked me. At this point, I'm not in the mood to waste my time further to create a brand new profile just to be able to tell him I have an idea of why his wife divorced him.:frustrated:

Macomom
January 4th, 2010, 12:57 PM
When someone shows you who they are, believe them. :)
Sounds like he is not ready to meet at all. You would probably be saving yourself some wasted time and energy.
I will wish you happy thoughts for connecting with someone else!

Frenchy
January 4th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Even as busy as he said he was ... sending a short e-mail takes what ? 2 minutes ?

Move on to the next guy .... :)

ancientgirl
January 4th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Seriously. Just because my profile says I'm not looking for someone to be my shadow, that doesn't mean I don't welcome some communication.

So basically, this guy wants someone to just be there waiting for him when he's ready. Um...no.

He's divorced, and apparently for good reason.

Luvmypitgirls
January 5th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Seriously. Just because my profile says I'm not looking for someone to be my shadow, that doesn't mean I don't welcome some communication.

AG, I would put that line on your profile, that way they may better understand your position.
I hope 2010, is the year that you find the man of your dreams!:D

ancientgirl
January 5th, 2010, 06:12 PM
LMPG, yeah, I should. Even though I've laid it all on the table in my profile. I've had guys ask me stuff that I've clearly stated on my profile I either don't like, or don't do. Grrr

One guy, kept asking me if I liked fish. I finally just had had it and asked him if he read my profile, because if he had, he would have noticed I'm a vegetarian. Not only that, I specifically say the following: "Just to be clear, that means, I don't eat meat, pork, any poultry, AND fish/crustaceans."

So yeah, it hasn't been easy. I won't even go into the guy I had a conversation with last night.:loser:

Luvmypitgirls
January 5th, 2010, 10:57 PM
LMPG, yeah, I should. Even though I've laid it all on the table in my profile. I've had guys ask me stuff that I've clearly stated on my profile I either don't like, or don't do. Grrr

One guy, kept asking me if I liked fish. I finally just had had it and asked him if he read my profile, because if he had, he would have noticed I'm a vegetarian. Not only that, I specifically say the following: "Just to be clear, that means, I don't eat meat, pork, any poultry, AND fish/crustaceans."

So yeah, it hasn't been easy. I won't even go into the guy I had a conversation with last night.:loser:

So AG, wanna come over for Lobster?....:laughing: just kiddin'....

AG, some guys are just a lil slow on the uptake gf.....;)

Shaykeija
January 5th, 2010, 11:15 PM
I play a lot of games on Facebook. So I have to add friends from all over. Somes time I get a wack job. I had one guy who wanted to know what kind of panties I wore. :eek: So I told him Depends...:laughing: He was not familair with that name, so I told him to google it. Jeeze, I haven't heard back from him. I wonder why??? LOL LMAO :laughing::D

totallyhip
January 6th, 2010, 12:03 AM
I play a lot of games on Facebook. So I have to add friends from all over. Somes time I get a wack job. I had one guy who wanted to know what kind of panties I wore. :eek: So I told him Depends...:laughing: He was not familair with that name, so I told him to google it. Jeeze, I haven't heard back from him. I wonder why??? LOL LMAO :laughing::D

LOL that's hilarious!!!!
Hang in there, there are alot of losers out there. Trust me I dated my share before I married my husband! Definitely would move on and not bother with this jerk. Sounds like he doesn't know WTF he wants :shrug:

Marcha
January 6th, 2010, 01:34 AM
I still have tears in my eyes from laughing at Depends. :haha:

It sounds like loser-dude is playing 'come here, go away'. Screw that. You don't need that. I'm with Macomom. Believe him. He's showing you who he is. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and quacks like a duck, chances are very good it is a duck.

dollface
January 6th, 2010, 01:41 AM
So basically, this guy wants someone to just be there waiting for him when he's ready. Um...no. You've got the right attitude! :thumbs up Always been a firm believer in the man chasing the girl!

One guy, kept asking me if I liked fish. I finally just had had it and asked him if he read my profile, because if he had, he would have noticed I'm a vegetarian. Not only that, I specifically say the following: "Just to be clear, that means, I don't eat meat, pork, any poultry, AND fish/crustaceans." In the words of Phoebe Buffay: "No food with a face." :D

Ditto on saying this guy's a :loser:, but it was funny when you said GL to finding someone else cuz you're too busy for him to make up his mind, then he tried to beg you for another chance cuz you didn't pay any attention to his temper tantrum. Like a lil communication really killed anyone? :rolleyes: :laughing:

AG, you're my hero!! :D

:goodvibes: for a love-filled 2010!!

rainbow
January 6th, 2010, 01:43 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shaykeija, you are such a hoot. :D

AG, I'm thinking the :loser: that left you hanging all the time is likely married.

ancientgirl
January 6th, 2010, 07:43 AM
OMG, Depends! I'm going to have to remember that one!

I've been single for so long. I'm pretty much comfortable with it, but as I say in my dating profiles, I'd love someone to go to movies with, out to dinner, maybe hang out at home and cook or watch movies.

You'd think a guy would like a woman who wasn't "clingy", but no, they even have an issue with that!:rolleyes:

quincymycat
January 6th, 2010, 08:02 AM
OMD, AG! I had no idea dating was so difficult these days. My youngest daughter (the one back home again) is 30, and I guess I have seen the kind of ummmm, :loser: she has dated, so I shouldn't be surprised. By that age most of the guys she has dated came with a lot of baggage.
I think I will stick to a house full of cats and a glass of wine in the evening! I know what I'm getting and they rarely disapoint!
I agree with the others.....the fact that he blocked your email address AFTER asking you for another chance shows the level of maturity you are dealing with. I think he really is divorced for BIG reason.
Good luck with 2010 and I hope you have good luck findng someone good enough for you...before you go shopping for DEPENDS! That one just kills me!!! :laughing:

ancientgirl
January 6th, 2010, 08:19 AM
OMD, AG! I had no idea dating was so difficult these days. My youngest daughter (the one back home again) is 30, and I guess I have seen the kind of ummmm, :loser: she has dated, so I shouldn't be surprised. By that age most of the guys she has dated came with a lot of baggage.
I think I will stick to a house full of cats and a glass of wine in the evening! I know what I'm getting and they rarely disapoint!
I agree with the others.....the fact that he blocked your email address AFTER asking you for another chance shows the level of maturity you are dealing with. I think he really is divorced for BIG reason.
Good luck with 2010 and I hope you have good luck findng someone good enough for you...before you go shopping for DEPENDS! That one just kills me!!! :laughing:

Yes, men my age, come with plenty of baggage. Not to say I don't have any either. Hey, anybody I'm with has to accept me with my gang, who are pretty much my kids. But I have the advantage of being able to say, I haven't been married, so they don't have to deal with some ex husband. Whereas I'd have to deal with an ex-wife, kids, and then the thought of why he's divorced in the first place?

quincymycat
January 6th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Yes, men my age, come with plenty of baggage. Not to say I don't have any either. Hey, anybody I'm with has to accept me with my gang, who are pretty much my kids. But I have the advantage of being able to say, I haven't been married, so they don't have to deal with some ex husband. Whereas I'd have to deal with an ex-wife, kids, and then the thought of why he's divorced in the first place?

Yup, I see my daughter dealing with that and more with her now "psuedo fiance) :confused:
Of course, my older daughter is the epitomy of BAGGAGE, but that is another story all together. :laughing:

Luvmypitgirls
January 6th, 2010, 04:49 PM

ROFLMBO!

:laughing:

budgrrl
January 6th, 2010, 08:30 PM
this guy certainly is not worth your time at all ag :) and they say us girls are the ones that are hard to understand!!
i belong to a dating site too and virtually every day i am shocked at some of the "gentlemen" on there!
i actually had some guy send me a fake pic of a super hot guy - and acutally want to (and did) meet! i still cant believe i was polite enough to not call him on it and ask who mr hottie was and for HIS number! oy!!

ancientgirl
January 7th, 2010, 07:38 AM
That's crazy. LOL, I would have totally called him on the fake photo.:laughing:

budgrrl
January 7th, 2010, 04:04 PM
i normally would too (i am pretty outspoken!)...i was speechless!
he also barely spoke a lick of english, so perhaps without his online translator, he wouldnt have understood me anyway!
maybe when i said "blonde" he thought i said "blind"! haha!