Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Your aren't gonna believe this!...

Luvmypitgirls
January 4th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Here I sit at 4:14 a.m. Why? Well because I am "dogsitting" again!
I headed off to bed at 1:30 and just by chance I looked outside the kitchen window and what do I see? I see one of the two Labs I had night before last.
Yep there was Blade (the yellow dog). I threw on some shoes and ran outside. He was gone, so I ran to the road behind me, and started calling his name. He came running back to me. I grabbed him and brought him inside.
I promptly called his owner, concerned that for one here he was again, and second his companion Buddy (his son) was not with him. It rang and rang and finally his machine picked up, I began to leave a message when he finally picked up. I explained Blade was here, without Buddy. He said Buddy was tied up outside he could hear him barking. Ok I'm not there, I don't know what kind of conditions these dogs have. But what I do know, is it is minus 20 something, and neither of these dogs have enough meat on them to be left out in this weather.
Then the SOB (can't believe I felt bad for him before), tells me to throw Blade back out, and let him find his own way back home. I was stunned.
I said tell me where ya live I'll bring him home, or you can come get him. He said no, put him out, he either finds his way home or he doesn't. At this point, I'm furious, so I say "Ok, fine" and hung up. Of course I have no intention of doing anything of the kind. I decide to go drive around to see if I can locate Buddy. Oh did I mention I have no heat in my car because the module for my heater burned out...yeah...so no heat no defrost. Not the easiest conditions to drive under.
As I was cleaning my car off, an RCMP cruiser comes down my street. As he turned around I waved him down, I explained the situation and he told me not to put the dog out, and to call bylaw in the morning and if they (bylaw) gave me the run around to call him tomorrow night after 6.
Ok, so the reason he's on our street is because apparently one of the neighbors dogs started barking at her door, so she assumed it was a burglar and called the cops, I guess I agitated her dog when it heard me calling for Blade out by fields.
Cop leaves, I drive around for 1/2 hour looking for Buddy. I come home, and low and behold Blades owner comes and parks infront of my house. Doesn't come to the door just sits out front. Then he pulls up alongside the house. He sits there for 5 minutes and then drives down the street. Then he comes back. Now I'm freaking out, cuz I am not putting his dog on the street, and I am certainly making no attempt at going out there to explain my position. I call the cop, who was nice enough to give me his card during our first conversation. He comes back but by then the owner has left. Cop goes looking for the truck, comes up empty handed. Comes back and says, I cannot be charged for not following his request, he backs up my decision to not put Blade out and leave it to chance that he makes it home without being run over or attacked by coyotes or what have you.
So I guess it's another sleepless night for me.
In the morning I am calling bylaw, and I am calling a local rescue to see if they can help with maybe having someone investigate the living conditions of these dogs.
I swear if it happens again, I won't call the owner. I will rip the "new duct tape tag" he made for Blade off his choke collar, drive the dog into the SPCA or to the City Pound explain the situation and beg them to help save this dog.
And to think I felt pity for this man.
Maybe if he has to pay another fine, he'll get it thru his fat head that perhaps building a run for them, with a couple of heated dog houses may be an idea to consider.
I am majorly pi$$ed off now.
The only good thing is this situation tonight allowed me to get the pictures I didn't get last time!
I'll post them tomorrow.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............:mad:

Golden Girls
January 4th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Four laws were broken (1) unattended dog (Buddy) teethered on private proterty (2) Dog (Blade) running at large (3) Noise (4) No license

Your Animal Control should be able to seize them :shrug:

Luvmypitgirls
January 4th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Four laws were broken (1) unattended dog (Buddy) teethered on private proterty (2) Dog (Blade) running at large (3) Noise (4) No license

Your Animal Control should be able to seize them :shrug:

I'm hoping so. This guy doesn't deserve to have a dog let alone 2 of them.

the gang
January 4th, 2010, 10:03 AM
hats off to you!!!, the guys sounds like a loserrrrrrrrrrrrrr, he prob would not pay the fine and just leave the dogs at the shelter, that would be better for the dogs, thanks for caring brenda and the pins.

Luvmypitgirls
January 4th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Bylaw just left with Blade a few minutes ago. I had a nice long chat with the gentleman, expressing my concerns for both Blade and Buddy.
He is the same Bylaw officer that picked them up last week, last Thursday to be exact (the owner said it was a couple weeks ago).
I expressed my concern that in less than a week Blade has managed to run off three times and Buddy twice. I told him how the owner wanted me to throw him back out in the cold and dark in hopes he'd make his own way home, as to teach him not to run away..(I don't understand that logic), I also told him that the owner told me Buddy was tied up outside at 2:30 this morning in minus 20 temps. All of my concerns will be passed on to the Officer that works the MD of Foothills, High River Bylaw can only take the dogs to the holding kennels until the MD of Foothills officer is contacted.
He said he will pass my information on to that officer, hopefully he/she will contact me.
This Bylaw officer was genuinely concerned about these dogs too, and told me that if this happens again they will look at taking a different course of action. I told him if it happens again, I will take the dogs somewhere where he won't be able to find them and take them back. I was expecting a tongue lashing, but instead I was given a smile.
He assured me that this time the MD of Foothills will conduct an investigation into the dogs living conditions.
So it's out of my hands for now, but I'll keep ya's updated if something else happens.
Dang I'm tired, :sleepy:

Frenchy
January 4th, 2010, 11:36 AM
I will take the dogs somewhere where he won't be able to find them and take them back. I was expecting a tongue lashing, but instead I was given a smile.

I'm thinking he knows this would be the best way out for these poor dogs :sad:

thank you for taking him in , and complain about the owner, let's hope they will be able to take those dogs off this man :fingerscr

Dog Dancer
January 4th, 2010, 11:42 AM
You're right, I don't believe it. Some jerks just don't deserve to own dogs, and this is one of them. You go girl, do what you gotta do.

ancientgirl
January 4th, 2010, 12:42 PM
You are an angel for trying to help these dogs.

I just can't wrap my head around people like this. WHY even have a pet/animal if you aren't even going to take proper care of them?:frustrated:

Luvmypitgirls
January 4th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I'm thinking he knows this would be the best way out for these poor dogs :sad:

thank you for taking him in , and complain about the owner, let's hope they will be able to take those dogs off this man :fingerscr

I only wish Buddy had been in tow with Blade last night, I'm so worried about him. He reminds me so much of a foster pup I had for 9 months, my EddieBear. Altho two totally different breeds, they had the same big Goober face with the crazy lil eyes too close together.

I gave Blade cuddles this morning, he buried his head into my chest and made some grunting noises. I told him I was so sorry that he was stuck with such a thoughtless human. Seriously, I wish I could've kept him for myself, and Buddy too. After bylaw took him this morning, I cried...I feel bad for these dogs...really bad.:cry:

Frenchy
January 4th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I gave Blade cuddles this morning, he buried his head into my chest and made some grunting noises.

he probably never gets hug :sad:

but things can change because of what you did :fingerscr

Luvmypitgirls
January 4th, 2010, 02:52 PM
he probably never gets hug :sad:

but things can change because of what you did :fingerscr

Thanks Frenchy :2huggers: I can't stop thinking about them, I even went out and cleaned my freezing cold car, in the freezing cold to distract myself, but that didn't work either.
I just hope and pray that no matter what happens that Blade and Buddy will be ok.:pray:

the gang
January 4th, 2010, 03:28 PM
:grouphug: you did a good thing, they will be better off, better than being tied up outside, brenda

Chaser
January 4th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Wow....I am so glad those dogs found you...

:fingerscr they will be taken from him.

Luvmypitgirls
January 5th, 2010, 01:59 PM
He got his dog back, left a nice little message on my answering machine...that he feels I owe him the money back for the fine...yeah right...what a buttmunch:mad:

BenMax
January 5th, 2010, 02:06 PM
He got his dog back, left a nice little message on my answering machine...that he feels I owe him the money back for the fine...yeah right...what a buttmunch:mad:

Are you kidding me? So it's your fault that he threw the dog out? What a nutjob. Tell him to ram it.

Next time hopefully the dogs disappear all together.

Jenkinsdjtg
January 5th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Why does he even own dogs.
just to be chained up?

Man...
What a D*ck

Luvmypitgirls
January 5th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Are you kidding me? So it's your fault that he threw the dog out? What a nutjob. Tell him to ram it.

Next time hopefully the dogs disappear all together.

If there is a next time, the dogs will most certainly disappear...with a lil help from me and a couple of others:thumbs up

Why does he even own dogs.
just to be chained up?

Man...
What a D*ck

My sentiments exacly!:laughing:

cassiek
January 5th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Never ceases to amaze me the stupidity in this world, especially when dealing with dog owners like this guy! :wall: So frustrating!!

Can't believe the guy actually thought YOU should pay HIM! :laughing:

Frenchy
January 5th, 2010, 07:12 PM

:mad: the nerve !!!!

If there is a next time, the dogs will most certainly disappear...with a lil help from me and a couple of others:thumbs up

:highfive:

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Don't erase the message from your machine, LMPG. It might come in handy later...

I hope Blade and Buddy get a proper owner soon :pray:

aslan
January 5th, 2010, 09:18 PM
you should send this moron a bill for babysitting services and mental health benefits, and ummmm let me think...:evil:

Luvmypitgirls
January 5th, 2010, 09:27 PM
you should send this moron a bill for babysitting services and mental health benefits, and ummmm let me think...:evil:

a new mini tree, cuz Blade peed on mine:rolleyes:
Ohh and pooper scooper fees;)

rainbow
January 6th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Don't erase the message from your machine, LMPG. It might come in handy later...

I agree. :thumbs up

That eedjit :loser: certainly does not deserve to own those dogs :sad: ....I sure hope Buddy and Blade show up at your place again. :fingerscr

JennieV
January 6th, 2010, 12:01 PM
wow, this is crazy...
This guy should be chained outside. And the dogs put inside, to look at him...
Preferably, when its -40.
Maybe, if he loses a limb or two it will allow the blood flow to his brain, to understand what it feels like.
:wall:

Kudos to you LMPG, for standing up for these poor pups.

angeldogs
January 6th, 2010, 05:52 PM
What a moron this guy is.ya i'd send him a bill,a nice big hefty one at that.
As for the dogs he never should have gotten that sweet boy back and the other one taken away.