Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am a BIG FAT Foster....

BenMax
December 31st, 2009, 10:33 AM
FAILURE.

I did it again - I adopted a little cat boy named Darcy. He is a wonderful little fellow that I fostered, adopted out - who returned. When he came back I was disappointed as he is perfect in every way possible. He really needed to be with other cats and dogs in the first place. I should have stuck to my instincts in the first place.

Anyways - Maddox greeted him with open paws as did all the other cats and even little hellian Julia. Seems like he never left.

So he is now a permanent boy. I am officially 'closed' for any further foster failures...I promise...:rolleyes:

So that makes 6 cats and 2 dogs....and fosters of course.

Animals ARE like chips...you can't stop at just one...but I certainly was not looking for a whole bag either...

I know, I know...get a camera, and my head examined.

Welcome home Darcy. Love Mom.

14+kitties
December 31st, 2009, 10:38 AM
FAILURE.

I did it again - I adopted a little cat boy named Darcy. He is a wonderful little fellow that I fostered, adopted out - who returned. When he came back I was disappointed as he is perfect in every way possible. He really needed to be with other cats and dogs in the first place. I should have stuck to my instincts in the first place.

Anyways - Maddox greeted him with open paws as did all the other cats and even little hellian Julia. Seems like he never left.

So he is now a permanent boy. I am officially 'closed' for any further foster failures...I promise...:rolleyes:

So that makes 6 cats and 2 dogs....and fosters of course.

Animals ARE like chips...you can't stop at just one...but I certainly was not looking for a whole bag either...

I know, I know...get a camera, and my head examined.

Welcome home Darcy. Love Mom.

:highfive: Not a thing wrong with having six cats and two dogs! Nadda!! And your bag isn't full yet.......... Just ask me. I can tell you. :D I have a feeling if you lived in the country you would be as bad as me. :rolleyes:
Happy Homecoming Darcy!!! And Happy New Year to you Mom!! :grouphug:

Love4himies
December 31st, 2009, 10:42 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: :lovestruck: We understand, especially Frenchy:p

How can you say "no" when you are outvoted by the rest of the clan :shrug:? This is a democratic society.

Darcy: Welcome home, you have landed in a great home :grouphug:

BenMax
December 31st, 2009, 10:46 AM
:highfive: Not a thing wrong with having six cats and two dogs! Nadda!! And your bag isn't full yet.......... Just ask me. I can tell you. :D I have a feeling if you lived in the country you would be as bad as me. :rolleyes:
Happy Homecoming Darcy!!! And Happy New Year to you Mom!! :grouphug:

You are absolutely right about living in the country. Infact...I do have some plans up my sleeve.

Picture this: a place up in the country, with a barn (which I can convert), a place to do some animal boarding...and have a place for some rescues as well. I would actually help out all the rescues in free boarding....

And I would have a place for cats for sure. I love your set up and ever since I saw it on Pets..my head is filled with some ideas...

BenMax
December 31st, 2009, 10:48 AM
:How can you say "no" when you are outvoted by the rest of the clan :shrug:? This is a democratic society.

Darcy: Welcome home, you have landed in a great home :grouphug:

Exactly - how could I disappoint the other animals? I mean what kind of person would I be then??:shrug:

14+kitties
December 31st, 2009, 10:50 AM
Sounds like heaven on earth to me! :cloud9: Would love to do some of that myself. But I have a hubby that draws the line at any more than I do now. I still haven't twisted his arm hard enough. :D
One day if that lottery ever comes my way it'll be a done deal. Until then I will live vicariously through you if you don't mind. :D

BenMax
December 31st, 2009, 10:56 AM
Sounds like heaven on earth to me! :cloud9: Would love to do some of that myself. But I have a hubby that draws the line at any more than I do now. I still haven't twisted his arm hard enough. :D
One day if that lottery ever comes my way it'll be a done deal. Until then I will live vicariously through you if you don't mind. :D

Anytime you want to enjoy the insanity - let me know as I have plenty to share..:laughing:

14+kitties
December 31st, 2009, 10:58 AM
Anytime you want to enjoy the insanity - let me know as I have plenty to share..:laughing:

Gee thanks!! Most days are pretty insane around here as well. Feeding and cuddling 36 kitties is such a hard job. :rolleyes: It's the cleaning 17 litter boxes every day that I just loooovvveeee!!! :laughing:

BenMax
December 31st, 2009, 11:01 AM
Gee thanks!! Most days are pretty insane around here as well. Feeding and cuddling 36 kitties is such a hard job. :rolleyes: It's the cleaning 17 litter boxes every day that I just loooovvveeee!!! :laughing:

That's true 14+K - you have all those boxes...

Na - your world is insane enough - you don't need more.:laughing:.

14+kitties
December 31st, 2009, 11:05 AM
That's true 14+K - you have all those boxes...

Na - your world is insane enough - you don't need more.:laughing:.

True enough!!
Now back to the regularly scheduled program.....
Where are the pics??????? I Can't remember seeing any of Maddox lately either. He must be doing so well now. :cloud9:

BenMax
December 31st, 2009, 11:11 AM
True enough!!
Now back to the regularly scheduled program.....
Where are the pics??????? I Can't remember seeing any of Maddox lately either. He must be doing so well now. :cloud9:

14+K - my camera is out of order. But since my daughter is down on vacation with me - I will ask her to take a picture of my gang. I have not shared them for a while and I would love to show you Darcy.

:offtopic: Maddox is doing well but there are a few hiccups here and there. His spirit is good but he is not out of the woods just yet. We have more tests to go through in February 2010. If he is heartworm free - then things will be on the up side for sure. He has since then however gained 11 lbs and looks great. He also has a few behavioural problems which we are working through. Seems that he does not like men! So it is a slow process...and Maddox is also not really my dog. He is still a foster...but who knows what is planned in the future. We just need to get him through his medical issues and take it from there....:)

14+kitties
December 31st, 2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the update! We all know Maddox is meant to be with you. :cloud9: I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works well for him. Gaining that much weight has to be a good sign. Once the test comes back clear he can have his operation he needs for his leg.:fingerscr
I would think a few behavioural problems wouldn't be unusual considering his rotten start on life. :sad: Hopefully you can work through them.
I know all about cameras on the fritz. Santa brought me a brand new one this year so I can take tons of pics!!!
Gotta boogie off to work. :yuck:
:fingerscr pics will be posted soon. The pups and kitties that get to live with you are very very lucky!! :grouphug:

Frenchy
December 31st, 2009, 01:40 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: :lovestruck: We understand, especially Frenchy:p

:laughing: yes I do :laughing:

congratulation on the adoption BM ! You will need a bigger house soon ... in the boonies , so you can add more doggies to balance out the kitties :D first one of us who wins the lottery (me , you , or LP) will have to get started on our "rescue village" :p

Good boy Maddox and "good girl" Julia to welcome the newbie kitty :thumbs up

and if you feel a little nutty about having so many pets ... don't count heads , but go by pounds :laughing:

bendyfoot
December 31st, 2009, 01:48 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:thumbs up Well done, BenMax!

edwina
December 31st, 2009, 02:33 PM
There seems to be alot of foster failer going around here lately, its very contagious. :laughing::laughing:
Pics of new :cat: soon please, I'm not rushing you or anything. :rolleyes:
:D

Chaser
December 31st, 2009, 02:36 PM
Congrats!!! :highfive:

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2009, 02:48 PM
Picture this: a place up in the country, with a barn (which I can convert), a place to do some animal boarding...and have a place for some rescues as well. I would actually help out all the rescues in free boarding....

And I would have a place for cats for sure. I love your set up and ever since I saw it on Pets..my head is filled with some ideas...

That sounds like a place I'd love to be.

Congratulations on having Darcy back. :D

BenMax
December 31st, 2009, 03:05 PM
That sounds like a place I'd love to be.

Congratulations on having Darcy back. :D

Thank you AncientGirl. I am pretty happy about having him for sure. He has added such joy to everyone..even Julia!

To be honest, when he came back I was happy to see him. He knew me right away and talked to me all the way back home. He truly is a special little man and he is happy to be home.

Frenchy
December 31st, 2009, 03:12 PM
To be honest, when he came back I was happy to see him. He knew me right away and talked to me all the way back home. He truly is a special little man and he is happy to be home.

It was meant to be :thumbs up

cpietra16
December 31st, 2009, 03:50 PM
:sorry:...not!!!!:D
Welcome to the foster failure club.....:laughing:

chico2
December 31st, 2009, 04:00 PM
OMG,you cannot help but smile when you read about kitties like Darcy,I am sooo happy for him,but I don't even remember what he looked like pics please,as soon as possible:cat:

Luvmypitgirls
December 31st, 2009, 04:06 PM
Aweee BenMax, nothing wrong with being a "big fat foster failure"!
By the way you describe Darcy, sounds to me like you scored big time, with his being returned!
Darcy, certainly scored, because he now has a "forever home", with a wonderful "forever family" of humans and canines and felines with whom he can share all his love and affections with.:D

What a wonderful way to start of the New Year!
Congrats to you and Darcy!:grouphug:

Oh yeah....btw....PICS are requested and required!

rainbow
January 1st, 2010, 03:01 AM
Congrats BenMax :highfive: ....it sounds like a win/win situation for everyone. :cloud9:

Looking forward to the pics. :goodvibes:

Tundra_Queen
January 1st, 2010, 05:36 AM
You are absolutely right about living in the country. Infact...I do have some plans up my sleeve.

Ohhhhh Benmaxxxxxxx I know of a boarding kennel that is for sale, with 150 acreas I think. :D

Debbie

MyBirdIsEvil
January 2nd, 2010, 05:06 PM

That's why I keep animals. Sanitation is a favorite hobby of mine...

17 boxes though? 5 sucks, and really I should have like 7-10.
36 cats, my husband would be pissed, and he loves cats :laughing: I just don't think I could give attention to that many either. I already wake up with all 7 of the 5m.o. kittens in bed and sometimes 2-3 adults. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night like "Why is it so hot in here? I don't have the heat on...." and there will be 3 kittens UNDER the blankets on my chest.
I dunno how I'm going to find any of them homes. Not many people are going to meet my criteria. I'm already keeping at least 2 for sure :D

I keep looking at a big square brick building outside of town. It used to say for sale but now it doesn't, though it still appears abandoned, so I wonder if they'll still sell it :rolleyes:

14+kitties
January 2nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
That's why I keep animals. Sanitation is a favorite hobby of mine...

17 boxes though? 5 sucks, and really I should have like 7-10.
36 cats, my husband would be pissed, and he loves cats :laughing: I just don't think I could give attention to that many either. I already wake up with all 7 of the 5m.o. kittens in bed and sometimes 2-3 adults. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night like "Why is it so hot in here? I don't have the heat on...." and there will be 3 kittens UNDER the blankets on my chest.
I dunno how I'm going to find any of them homes. Not many people are going to meet my criteria. I'm already keeping at least 2 for sure :D

It was never my intention when I started the catuary to have this many. Believe me. But I don't seem to be able to turn my back on a cat in need. BM will understand that very well. :thumbs up As will you and many others here.
When I go to feed the kitties it sometimes takes me about three or four hours. I get so lost in playing with the cats and snuggling/loving them I forget what time it is. :o Even on my days when I don't have a lot of spare time I still make it a point to give each one of the ones I can touch their snuggles for the day. Some days some of them just don't want snuggles.
My hubby is very understanding. :cloud9: It's one of the reasons I love him so much.
Unfortunately I have the same problem here with finding homes. There are so many "free to good home" ads in the area no one is willing to have to go through the adoption process with me. :shrug: