Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Grrrr... people posting ads for dogs/cats on kijiji

cassiek
December 30th, 2009, 03:43 PM
This has been on my mind for months and months now and I just have to rant... :wall:

Although I love the website kijiji, I absolutely DESPISE that they allow people to post dogs, cats, etc. for sale on there! :yell:

I feel that this only contributes to the pet over-population, as the majority of individuals posting animals on there for sale are BYB or are "free to a good home" (Which deserves a whole other thread to rant..! :frustrated:) Most of these individuals with litters do not care who the pup goes to, as long as you have the $$... I have even seen pet stores that sell puppies/kittens (another entire thread in itself, this also pisses me off to no end), advertising on kijiji! Sigh.

The only exception to this, is I have seen some rescue groups taking advantage of how widely known/used kijiji is, and are posting animals in their care on there. I think this is a wonderful idea, and helps place many needy animals in wonderful homes.

However, MOST of the ads I have seen on kijiji are from BYB, as a reputable breeder would NEVER advertise their pups on there!!

Grrrrr....!!!

echoica
December 30th, 2009, 03:58 PM
it drives me insane too! i actually take a little time every now and then to post articles about spay/neuter et al as well as reply to wanted ads with links to animals that fit their descriptions at the local shelters. just in an attempt to offset everything you mentioned somehow. i have seen some reputable breeders using the site lately and the shelters here are starting to as well which helps. but it is hard to figure out what is what anymore in that mess. and boy oh boy there are some really dumb people on there!! :cry:

cassiek
December 31st, 2009, 12:47 AM
Agreed! Glad I am not the only one that finds this sooo irritating! Sigh!! :yell:

Jim Hall
December 31st, 2009, 10:29 AM
well i am sorely tempted tolist mama meow some where any whrer?
but i agree that a lot use it for profit or w/ever

Etown_Chick
December 31st, 2009, 11:31 PM
And if you watch it for a while, you start to recognize how people word their ads..and realize a lot of these BYB's have several different 'designer' (mutts!) dogs. They are probably breeding a litter a month or more, with their schnoodles and doodles and ****z-poos, doxies etc etc... really gets my goat.

Jim Hall
January 1st, 2010, 12:17 AM
so mixed breed or "mutts " are being bred? hmm get the shel:loser:ter ones dress up a name and get em out the door ?