Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My 14 month old German Shepherd BURPS!!!???

amir
August 26th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Yup, thats right! My GSD pup burps, i find he usually rips one when he is right near my face, or while im trying to sleep and he just...burps. Sometimes its as if he smiles afterwards. I was told to give him a little plain yogurt? Is this normal?
concerned parent.

heidiho
August 26th, 2004, 06:24 PM
hmmmmmmmm.....

Sneaky2006
August 26th, 2004, 08:22 PM
If they swallow air you'd think they would have to burp just like we do... I've known a few dogs who burp and don't mind at all to do it in your face.
Maybe a dog owner around here would know if yogurt helps.

BTW, you shouldn't post the same thing twice under different forums, it really confuses people, maybe you should delete one...

Stewart
August 27th, 2004, 03:38 AM
A drop of babys gripe water might help :D

debanneball
August 27th, 2004, 08:34 AM
:eek: Does he burp after eating, or all of the time. Mine burps after eating, but not in my face. What are you feeding him?

glasslass
August 27th, 2004, 09:14 AM
My Den-Den3 used to burp all the time. He knew we would laugh and that dog definitely had a sense of humor. He'd go BRAAPP! and then look at us grinning, waiting for the reaction.

Writing4Fun
August 27th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Our Murphy used to walk up to us and put her head in our laps for lovin'. When we'd oblige, she'd wait until we've lifted her face to ours for kisses, look us straight in the eye, and then let out a soft, breathy, stinky "bwurph". Just lovely! Maybe it's a sign of endearment?? :p

melanie
August 27th, 2004, 05:42 PM
lol, thats too funny. my 8yo GSD burps also, mainly after food (she is a real pig) but occassionally at other times. i also swear she is smiling afterwards, it really looks likethat doesnt it, and have you noticed a smile after big fart(those ones that get humans screaming and leaving the room), yeeeessss, i have seen that one too :D :D
never tried plain youghurt, but my girl does eat flavoured natural youghurts occassionally but i havent noticed if it makes a diff, i will keep an eye on that next time.

Writing4Fun
August 27th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Sorry Mel. Never saw the farting smile (yet). Murphy (RIP, baby) used to fart and leave the room before we noticed. After a while, we learned to be wary every time she got up suddenly to leave a room. :p

Cactus Flower
August 28th, 2004, 02:59 AM
LOL Heidi. I hear ya.

glasslass
August 28th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Den-Den gets downright insulted if anyone (naturally, not ME!) farts when he's near us. He'll jump up, look back at us over his shoulder, and jump off the bed, couch, whatever. :D

Terrie
August 29th, 2004, 04:53 AM
I laugh so hard when Kuma burps, because he sounds just like a human..I swear I have a full grown person next to me, and when he farts well... it's hilarious because he looks at himself like " Hey where did that come from, or What was that ?"

Animals are so awesome. we can learn alot from them, but I don't suggest we look at ourselves when we ..... well you know ! :p