Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bah, sick!

ancientgirl
December 28th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I had spent a couple of weeks with a cold. During that time, I ran out of my Advair so I started using my emergency inhaler, Xopenex. Yesterday, I ran out of that. When I called the pharmacy, I had no refills left, so I spent the better part of the day and all night wheezing and coughing.

This morning I called my doctors office desperate. I could hardly breathe. She told me to come in and said I had bronchitis and was dangerously close to pneumonia. Oy! All I wanted was my Advair.:yell:

She wanted to do chest x-rays on me but I just can't afford them with the insurance I have. As it is, between the ofifce visit and the medication I'll have spent over $300 today. And the doctor wants me to come back tomorrow for a follow up.

I think I'll just follow her advice and rest, then get my medication and I should be okay. Thank goodness I'm off this week.

Luvmypitgirls
December 28th, 2009, 03:38 PM
AG, I hope you feel better soon :sad: Nothing worse than not feeling well during the holidays.
:goodvibes: and best wishes.
:grouphug:

ancientgirl
December 28th, 2009, 04:27 PM
AG, I hope you feel better soon :sad: Nothing worse than not feeling well during the holidays.
:goodvibes: and best wishes.
:grouphug:

Thanks. I'm just glad I have the week off.

Bailey_
December 28th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Feel better soon AG. :goodvibes:I spent the better part of our morning at the childrens hospital today - my daughter came down with Croup after running a sinus cold for about a week. Terrible, being sick right now.

Hugs to you!!:grouphug:

14+kitties
December 28th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Yuck! Being sick at any time of the year sucks. Feel better quickly. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
December 29th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Bailey, I hope your girl gets better soon.

It does suck being sick now. But, the weather here is really cool, and a good time for me to be off. I'm enjoying some time with the gang, and just being able to sleep in and relax.

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2009, 06:16 PM
Has anyone here had a bout with Bronchitis?

My whole body feels like I've been throttled and I'm wondering if this is typical. I did read some symptoms on it and one site said body aches can sometimes accompany bronchitis.

aslan
December 31st, 2009, 06:19 PM
hey AG,, yup i usually get bronchitis once a year and yup you can pretty much feel like someone kicked the crap out of you..your body is going to get tired and sore from coughing and trying to breath..vaporizers help, vicks vapo rub, etc.

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2009, 06:20 PM
hey AG,, yup i usually get bronchitis once a year and yup you can pretty much feel like someone kicked the crap out of you..your body is going to get tired and sore from coughing and trying to breath..vaporizers help, vicks vapo rub, etc.

Thank you, Aslan. I was beginning to wonder if I might have something worse, like H1N1! I haven't been coughing a lot during the day, but spend most of my time during my morning shower hacking up half a lung!:frustrated:

aslan
December 31st, 2009, 06:22 PM
oh no you would know if you had H1N1 believe me...yeah the steam helps loosen the crap in your lungs. i've had it so bad that i ended up having to take prednisone along with anti-biotics before.

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2009, 06:40 PM
Oy, that sucks. I'm just taking anti-biotics right now. I have to start work on Monday again, so I'm hoping to at least start feeling a little less like a truck ran me over.:rolleyes:

Man, I feel like this year my body has just completely fallen apart! :laughing: