Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

RIP Mackie

subie59
December 27th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Our 13 year old golden cross, Mackie, had to be put down Christmas Eve after suffering several seizures over night. We suspect it was a brain tumour that eventually put her down. She was an adoption from the Humane Society and a great friend for 5 years. She played a big role over the last year training our new dog who needed some help after spending her first year in a hoarder's home with up to 85 other dogs. I guess Mackie felt her job was done and it was time to move on. A job well done and never forgotten.

cpostelwait31
December 28th, 2009, 01:43 AM
:sorry: I know how hard it is to lose a pet and to lose a friend... <<<<<Hugs>>>>>

wendy205
December 28th, 2009, 07:13 AM
hi
im sorry to hear about mackie
although 13 is a good age but some live longer,
when it comes to aan animal having seizers, at that age theres nothing any1can do,
I lost my terrier dougal last november 2008 to the same illness
and then previously beore that laddie he also had seizure and was constantly fitting, they were both 16+ over
im glad that mackie is out of pain now, i hope hes happy at bthe bridge,
my deepest sympathy to you and my love to mackie wishing him peace at rainbow bridge
yours wendy xxx

14+kitties
December 28th, 2009, 07:29 AM
:candle::rip: Mackie :candle: Your job on earth is finished but you will never be forgotten.

seeker
December 30th, 2009, 11:02 PM
There is never a good time to say goodbye to a dear friend this time of year seems to make it even worse.