Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Barley the lost basset found & caught>> yay

HelenNutmeg
December 26th, 2009, 03:02 PM
This just came in... he will be returning to the sending rescue.. they want to keep him now..

BARLEY SAFE & SOUND!!!!

Hi,

Today a neighbor about 1+ miles away called the dog catcher to say a dog was in her backyard. Dog catcher called me. I was on the way to store but turned around and called Mary who was still out looking. In fact, I picked her up from a ditch. We drove there and she went to the backyard and saw him. He started to turn away. She went face down to the ground and kept only a slight gaze out as she held out a Slim Jim treat that she knows he loves. He crept over & nibbled the Slim Jim and soon hew was in Mary's arms. Joyous Moment!! She brought him back to the car wrapped in her coat, crying her eyes out. Barley is down sleeping on the couch with his good friend Bailey. Now Elise getting AAA to pull Mary's car out of the mud on the logging trail where it got stuck this morning. High drama, Happy ending.

Margaret

diandpat
December 26th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Oh Wow, that is such great news!!!! I have been thinking of this pour soul a lot since you posted his story!!! :thumbs up to all involved in the successful rescue.

luckypenny
December 26th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Amazing end to this story.

I'm so happy Barley was finally found :cry: :goodvibes:.

hazelrunpack
December 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Oh, Mary must be so ecstatic! Everyone involved must be! :highfive: :goodvibes: :clap: omd, what a great ending!

chico2
December 26th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Aww Helen,what great news,i was thinking of Barley lost out there in the cold:sad:
So happy he's safe,thank you!

Love4himies
December 26th, 2009, 04:36 PM
More great news :cry: :thumbs up :highfive: :grouphug:. I am so happy.

Chris21711
December 26th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Great news all around :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
December 26th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Great update :highfive:

Shaykeija
December 26th, 2009, 10:53 PM
A Christmas Miracle.....I am so happy this baby was found safe and healthy...:angel2:

mikischo
January 8th, 2010, 12:57 AM
I haven't been on for a while but I remembered this thread and wondered what had happened. I am so glad this story had a happy ending.:thumbs up:highfive:

rainbow
January 8th, 2010, 01:05 AM
:eek: I don't know how I missed this thread. :o :o

I am so happy to hear that Barley was found safely. :highfive: :thumbs up :cloud9: