Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Missing my Friends

seeker
December 25th, 2009, 09:09 AM
We lost 2 of our long time friends this past year, While today is Christmas and even though it is a wonderful time of year for most people and we are celebrating it today, there is no doubt we all are very much missing these two.
Gordie was with us since the summer of 1996 and he was such a great fellow from day one. He passed on Oct 3rd 2009 making Him 13 years and about 5 months. I plan to complete his story soon.
Madiera was even older she arrived here in the fall of 1994 and what an amazing girl She was. Nobody under a meter tall could escape her "lickin". Early on she was given the name "the lickin dog" by one of the kids friends, the name stuck and deservedly so.
Here is Gordie this past summer a month after he turned 13. And the second pic is Madiera about 6 months before she would have been 15 that being on Oct 13th 2009
RIP my great little friends

Love4himies
December 25th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I am so sorry, seeker :grouphug:. They were beautiful dogs :cloud9:

chico2
December 25th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Seeker,yes they certainly were beautiful and I am sure they had the best of everything and a wonderful life,unlike so many other pitties here in Ontario.
I know it's no comfort,but they'll always be with you in your heart:grouphug:

14+kitties
December 26th, 2009, 07:48 AM
The first year is always the worse. :candle: I know they had a wonderful home with you. I'm sure they loved that. :cloud9: They may be gone but they will always have a piece of your heart.

wendy205
December 26th, 2009, 08:15 AM
what lovely dog they were, you cant turn back the memorie you share with those who walked by yourside, but you can keep there memorie alive by rembering those golden memories you share in this life,
you were truly honoured to have these wonderful animals they must have been so close,
my love to brodie and madera at rainbow bridge hoping they are happy in there new life, xxx

yours wendy
memories:candle::grouphug::rip: will live forever in our hearts

Macomom
December 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM
My condolences seeker,

Grieving during the holidays can be very difficult, but let yourself be sad and quiet. It is important to miss loved ones when you need to- even when the holiday seems to be overwhelming.
Good luck during this season, and I can't wait to read more about your beautiful friends.

Sib.HuskyMom
December 27th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Seeker, I'm sure they are both watching over you during this holiday season and always. Christmas is such a hard time to think of lost loved ones.

This was my 2nd Christmas without my Bear, (golden retriever / chow cross) who I also loved for 13 years :candle:. DH and I still hung his stocking over the fireplace with the rest of them. Somehow, it just helped to let us know that he was still with us. :angel2:

We never forget our lost companians. In time, their memories will be become less painful, and instead, bring a smile to your face and your heart whenever you think of them. This I promise.

growler~GateKeeper
December 27th, 2009, 09:55 PM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Gordie & Madiera :candle: They are playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle:

seeker
December 30th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the kind words.
It has not been easy over the past few days not that we didn't miss them before but I think just having time away from the routine is allowing us to think about missing them even more. The times we shared with these two were wonderful and there is a real void in our lives right now. I am know that eventually the memories will bring smiles but that time is not here yet.
Thanks everyone I will tell their stories soon.