Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Early Christmas present

joeysmama
December 23rd, 2009, 10:29 AM
I have a friend who is a breeder . She was looking to rehome one of her females and offered her to us because she knows that we are a calm loving household and she would be well cared for.

We wanted a buddy for Cooper but since Raven was way up in Manitoba and we're here in NJ I didn't know how it was going to happen. I was thinking that maybe a friend whose kids go to school in Minnesota...maybe they would give her a ride. Then Tom said we could take a drive in the spring.

This past weekend my son was supposed to come home from Memphis but he couldn't fly into NJ because of the snow. He got in very early Monday morning. He came into the office on Monday morning and said, "I got your Christmas present." Pulls a doggie from behind his back.:)

He made all the arrangements, flew to Minnesota, rented a car and drove 4 hours to North Dakota, drove 4 hours back to Minnesota with the dog, waited in an airport all day and flew home. Kept her hidden in his room until we woke up !!

Chris21711
December 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Congratulations Joeysmama, what a wonderful gesture from your son......BUT you tell this with no pictures :yell:

meg4050
December 23rd, 2009, 10:45 AM
Awwwww, that is so sweet!! Congrats joeysmama!!
I agree, where are the pics??
and uh... how old is your son? :laughing:;) ... for Frenchy of course :D

joeysmama
December 23rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
I am computer challenged, hence the lack of pictures. I got the cutest one last night too--my son on the sofa with a doggie on each side. If I can get him to show me how to get them from the camera to the computer I'll put them up.

My boy is 27. He's a catch (if I do say so myself :laughing:) Very thoughtful, gainfully employed, spends his spare time visiting the gym and volunteering with youth programs and he's about to become a home owner!

Love4himies
December 23rd, 2009, 01:29 PM
OMG, what a wonderful son :lovestruck: and congrats on your new puppy :thumbs up.

Chris21711
December 23rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
My boy is 27. He's a catch (if I do say so myself :laughing:) Very thoughtful, gainfully employed, spends his spare time visiting the gym and volunteering with youth programs and he's about to become a home owner!

FRENCHY where are you..........don't worry about the difference in age :laughing:

Winston
December 23rd, 2009, 03:01 PM
OMG CALL FRENCHY!:D does someone have her number! :laughing::laughing::laughing: it will work! age doesnt matter...Frenchy is only 24 right? ( i think I have the numbers in the right order??)

We need to get her on speed dial!

OH and the added BONUS! your son must be a doggie lover to do all that for you! and Frenchy has a whole farm of dogs!

OH OH OH I just thought of another great thing about all of this! Frenchy is looking to sell her house and your son is looking to buy! thats perfect! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Okay I'll stop now!~ Cant wait to see pics! what a special Christmas! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 23rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
:laughing:

You guys are :evil:!

Congratulations on the new addition, joeysmama! Your son is such a wonderful guy to go through all that trouble! You obviously raised him right! :D

Can't wait to see Raven!

As for the camera, do you know where the picture card is? Most computers have slots on the front of the PC box that will accomodate the camera cards--you just plug the card in and a window opens that lets you look at the pics on the card and drag and drop them onto your computer :thumbs up

Not that I'm pressuring you or anything :p :laughing:

meg4050
December 23rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
:laughing: easy ladies, I was joking about the Frenchy part, I'm single now too ya know! :p

Can't wait for pics joeysmama! (of Raven... not your son :D.. well actually.. :laughing:)

Winston
December 23rd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Well we may need to start up another thread then! sorry Meg didnt want a good thing to go to waste! :D didnt realize you were a single gal!

:sorry::offtopic::D

ancientgirl
December 23rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Hey, you know, Frenchy isn't the only single gal looking for a catch!:D

Joeysmama, congratulations on the new addition!

Winston
December 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM
OMG I can see the title of the new thread now!

Who's Gonna be Joeys Girl!!! :D

angeldogs
December 23rd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Congrats on the new addition to your family.Your son really did make it all a special surprise.

breeze
December 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Congrats on the new addition joeysmama

pictures please!!!!

:D:D

Tundra_Queen
January 3rd, 2010, 06:41 AM
OMG CALL FRENCHY!:D does someone have her number! :laughing::laughing::laughing: it will work! age doesnt matter...Frenchy is only 24 right? ( i think I have the numbers in the right order??)

We need to get her on speed dial!

OH and the added BONUS! your son must be a doggie lover to do all that for you! and Frenchy has a whole farm of dogs!

OH OH OH I just thought of another great thing about all of this! Frenchy is looking to sell her house and your son is looking to buy! thats perfect! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Okay I'll stop now!~ Cant wait to see pics! what a special Christmas! :thumbs up

ROTFLMBO :laughing::laughing:

Ok, so who is Raven? Was that the dog u wanted to get? And is that the dog your son went and got as a surprised? Just a bit confused here, but what else is new? LOL

I'm glad you've got such a nice surprise, your son sure sounds like a sweetie!

Debbie