Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cuddley Rose

Love4himies
December 22nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
She is getting braver. :cloud9::lovestruck:. This Christmas is getting better and better :lovestruck:

Who needs presents when they have furkids :cloud9:

breeze
December 22nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
she is looking good L4H :thumbs up:thumbs up

she sure has come a loooonnnngggg way!!!

:cat:

hazelrunpack
December 22nd, 2009, 09:00 PM
Aw, sittin' on the couch with the gang, watchin' TV!! :cloud9: What a good girl she is! :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2009, 09:03 PM
Oooo, she'll be sitting on your lap before you know it! :lovestruck:

14+kitties
December 22nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
So what tune is your heart playing now?:D Don't you just love it!!! It won't be long before she is letting you snuggle with her I bet. She has made wonderful head way with you. :cloud9::highfive: The best Christmas present of all!!!

cpietra16
December 22nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
what a great picture...warms me to know she is not in a building inhaling all that black dust....she looks happy.

krdahmer
December 22nd, 2009, 09:42 PM
:eek::thumbs up:cloud9:that is so awesome!!!! :goodvibes:

Tundra_Queen
December 22nd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Yeahhhhh Rosie!! You go girl!! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
December 23rd, 2009, 01:15 AM
Well that didn't take her very long from 1st kiss to 1st cuddle :thumbs up Like AG says it won't be long 'til her & Jasper are fighting for lap space :cloud9:

angeldogs
December 23rd, 2009, 04:46 AM
It's so nice when the furbabies get brave enough to cuddle.

Love4himies
December 23rd, 2009, 07:57 AM
Thank you everybody, she"s my girl :lovestruck:. She seems to be progressing very quickly, it could be because of it being winter and us and all the kitties are in the house full time, she is getting used to humans. She didn't stay long on the couch. When I moved, she got nervous and jumped down :sad:.

ancientgirl
December 23rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
When I moved, she got nervous and jumped down :sad:.

Czari does that too. She'll get on the couch, and either sit on my lap or next to me, like Rose is doing. If I get up, or move too much, she'll either jump down or hiss and then jump down. But, after a little bit, she jumps back up.

I think Rose is just being really cautious, as we know cats can be. I really think she will progress faster now. She knows you aren't going to harm her, and no doubt she realizes that cuddles and kisses are great!

Love4himies
December 23rd, 2009, 09:07 AM
I think you are right, AG, she has to KNOW that I am not going to harm her in any way and once she realizes that, she will progress faster and faster as a loveable house princess, er, I mean Kitty :D.

echoica
December 23rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Who needs presents when they have furkids

exactly!! everyone asking me what i would like for xmas and i said to just buy stuff for the 'kids' (i have 2 dogs, 2 cats) :pawprint:

Chris21711
December 23rd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Great going L4H, it must make you so happy, buuuuuuuuuuut, you cut Jasper's head off :yell:

breeze
December 23rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
She seems to be progressing very quickly, it could be because of it being winter

I think it's cause of YOU( not winter) being so caring and loving and patent to her :highfive:

Love4himies
December 23rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
Great going L4H, it must make you so happy, buuuuuuuuuuut, you cut Jasper's head off :yell:

Ummmmm, that was because DH had strict instructions not to get the glass of wine in my right hand that is right up beside his head :o :D :laughing:

Love4himies
December 23rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
I think it's cause of YOU( not winter) being so caring and loving and patent to her :highfive:

Thanks Breeze. :grouphug:

Chris21711
December 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
Ummmmm, that was because DH had strict instructions not to get the glass of wine in my right hand that is right up beside his head :o :D :laughing:

Pffft everybody needs a nightcap to be able to sleep serenely :D

Love4himies
December 23rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
Pffft everybody needs a nightcap to be able to sleep serenely :D

That's right, it is for medicinal purposes only :laughing: :laughing:

Love4himies
December 23rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
what a great picture...warms me to know she is not in a building inhaling all that black dust....she looks happy.

I have to thank you for bringing her into my life, she is a doll who brings joy to my heart everyday. I keep thinking of what could have been her destiny at that warehouse :sad:

Love4himies
December 23rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
So what tune is your heart playing now?:D Don't you just love it!!! It won't be long before she is letting you snuggle with her I bet. She has made wonderful head way with you. :cloud9::highfive: The best Christmas present of all!!!

It's a singing as you know :lovestruck:

Ryan48
December 23rd, 2009, 10:45 PM
Very pretty kitty.

RM

14+kitties
December 23rd, 2009, 10:50 PM
It's a singing as you know :lovestruck:

Yep. I know. :cloud9: Merry Christmas!! :cloud9::grouphug:

Frenchy
December 23rd, 2009, 11:01 PM
buuuuuuuuuuut, you cut Jasper's head off :yell:

:laughing:

I'm so glad she's warming up to you :cloud9:

chico2
December 27th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Aww L4H,Rose is a sweet little tabby girl,I am sure from now on,she'll make great strides towards you.
She knows you only want to love her,she certainly won the jack-pot coming to your house:thumbs up

quincymycat
December 28th, 2009, 04:58 PM
L4H I can so appreciate the bond you are building right now. My newest - rescue Chloe has been in the house for only about 1 1/2 weeks and she is now starting to believe that she can enter the same room as me and not have to run, but alas, 80% of the time, she still does. She is starting to recognize mealtimes and will come to her placemat to eat - she is a piggie for someone so small!
I know how every LITTLE advancement just means so much.
When I had her at the vet's the day I trapped her, she was being carried around by the staff (in a towel, as they needed blood) and I heard one of the staff tell her she had won the lotttery coming to live with me. It made me feel good.
I am sharing your good feelings of gaining trust. :thumbs up

Love4himies
December 29th, 2009, 10:35 AM
L4H I can so appreciate the bond you are building right now. My newest - rescue Chloe has been in the house for only about 1 1/2 weeks and she is now starting to believe that she can enter the same room as me and not have to run, but alas, 80% of the time, she still does. She is starting to recognize mealtimes and will come to her placemat to eat - she is a piggie for someone so small!
I know how every LITTLE advancement just means so much.
When I had her at the vet's the day I trapped her, she was being carried around by the staff (in a towel, as they needed blood) and I heard one of the staff tell her she had won the lotttery coming to live with me. It made me feel good.
I am sharing your good feelings of gaining trust. :thumbs up

I am so glad Chloe is making progress :thumbs up :cloud9: Wait for the first snuggle, it will bring tears to your eyes :cry:.

14+kitties
December 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I am so glad Chloe is making progress :thumbs up :cloud9: Wait for the first snuggle, it will bring tears to your eyes :cry:.

It sure will. When I first trapped Trey he was very stressed and unsure. It has taken a long time but I can now pick him up for a short period of time. When I scratch him behind the ears he cocks his head to get right into the scritches. He lifts his hind end when I scratch in front of his tail. He will never be a cuddle bum like some of my others but I figure every day brings him a little closer.
Everyone knows the story of Jupiter, my big black kitty. He was Mr Miserable before he got caught and fixed. Now he is the first one to meet me at the gate. Last week he started purring when I picked him up. :cloud9:
There are many others here who started their lives as ferals or drop offs. It sure makes my heart sing every single day.

Ok, back to Rose's story now........... :o

ancientgirl
December 29th, 2009, 01:16 PM
It really is such a fantastic feeling.

cpietra16
December 29th, 2009, 02:32 PM
more pictures please.....:D
Have you seen Rose bud lately....just wondering:shrug: