Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

petty thiefs

Jim Hall
December 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
so the bleach boys the ones who threw bleach at the strays a while back
will not let me leave food out for the strays I have to stay there till they finish or they run down and take the bowls away

what gets me is everyone else on the apt complex thinks the strays are great and half the time the kidsfrom the apt abouve me are watching when i feed them

the bleach biys own an eldrly pit bull that pisses all over the landing halfthe time but i guess thats ok
any suggestons?

Love4himies
December 22nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
Somebody threw bleach at these kittens :eek: :eek: :evil: :sad:.

I wish we lived closer, I would take those little sweeties in :sad:

Macomom
December 22nd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Jim, I don't know what to say...People can be such idiots.
Karma is going to sneak right up on them and kick them in the backside!

Chris21711
December 22nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
Jim that is so sad :sad:...Isn't there a Humane Society that would take the kits that isn't animal control?

Dog Dancer
December 22nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Grrr, makes me too angry to think that somebody would throw bleach at an animal (or a human for that matter). Although I'd like to throw it at them! At least if you're out there with them while they eat they are learning to trust humans a bit and it might make them easier to rehome. Bless you for caring for those sweeties.

friend2animals
December 22nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
Petty "thug" mentality seems to fit the bill :evil:

If someone actually has the danglers to throw the bleach back at these boys - I hope it is in concentrated liquid, not powder form!:mad:
[Maybe someone can ambush them (the "boys") with an ugly, smelly spray paint color:laughing:]

PS. it's great that others in your complex are positive about the strays:cool:

aslan
December 22nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
just curious jim, do they atleast clean up after their dog. If not believe me, i'd be using paper towel to soak it up and depositing it right at their door, mind you i might accidentally wipe their doorknob with the peepee first. Then i would call the landlord and complain about the urine on the landing.

quincymycat
December 22nd, 2009, 02:41 PM
Oh Jim, they are gorgeous...maybe it is a good thing they aren't closer to me.
Any rescues around to help with maybe s/n so you don't get even more?
As for the thugs...I agree with Aslan, a bit of pee on the doorknob and a complaint to the building super would be very soon coming if it was me.
You have to be careful how to retaliate though so you don't end up in the trouble pile.
You are a good person for caring for the babies. :angel2:

quincymycat
December 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
Jim, does that little grey guy in front have an open sore or is it the camera angle?

friend2animals
December 22nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
If mostly everyone is OK with these kitties, then it seems that your landlord will be able to do something to deter, or stop this abuse. If these "boys" are tenants of your building, the landlord is the best person with whom to be speaking about this.

As far as retaliation, it is most important that the kitties are kept out of harms way, as well as yourself! There will always be someone who is up to the challenge of getting into trouble - as long as it isn't you;)

chico2
December 22nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Jim nice to see you again,was wondering where you were:confused:
You know,this is clearly animal-abuse,don't you have an ASPCA or other rescue you can contact,or even the police.
I don't know what your situation is where you live,but I would do anything in my power to make sure these innocent little kittens don't get hurt,if I got in trouble I am sure the powers that be would be on my side.
Nobody has the right to willfully hurt an animal,at least here it's against the law,I would be furious and make sure these kittens did not get in harms way,no matter what happened.

Jim Hall
December 22nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
no no wounds on them just a blurry pic

the "landlord never comes around As for retaliation , why drag thoer dog into it? they clean up if tis on the landing it just saddens me that they are so mean .

bsides im usually out there with amanda when i feed thiem

the shelters around here are full to bursting

growler~GateKeeper
December 23rd, 2009, 12:21 AM
Just wanted to pass along some :goodvibes: & a :grouphug: for you & your strays.

Any rescues around to help with maybe s/n so you don't get even more?

Jim's already had them s & n :thumbs up

cpostelwait31
December 23rd, 2009, 03:28 AM
oh poor kitties... hugs for them :grouphug:

angeldogs
December 23rd, 2009, 04:15 AM
That is sad throwing bleach at animals.what bleach doesn't kill it burns.morons

rainbow
December 23rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
the "landlord never comes around As for retaliation , why drag thoer dog into it? they clean up if tis on the landing it just saddens me that they are so mean .

Why don't you and the other tenants all sign a letter to the landlord telling him of the problem. If he allows pets in the apt complex then perhaps he is a pet lover that would be furious to hear about the bleach incident.

cpostelwait31
December 28th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Hi Love4himies... I never thought of having the same problem... I don't know who's the owner of a feline who happens to appear in my house every time I come home from work...But I always feed him whenever I am home (when he's around...) I don't know if someone's taking care of him until I found him so sick, I saw his right leg wounded... I don't know if he fought with another animal or someone had hit his right leg good enough to peel off his skin... So I decided to keep him he needs a home like any other pets..

Luvmypitgirls
January 3rd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Wouldn't throwing bleach on an animal constitute as animal abuse?
I would be reporting these idiots to the police and the SPCA.
Bleach burns the skin, and could leave them blinded, and the "bleach boys", should be charged with a serious crime.