Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

onster
December 22nd, 2009, 07:47 AM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas and happy holiday season. I hope everyone has a great time with their family/friends & furkids :thumbs up

I'm loving my time so far in Egypt, tho my promise for pictures may fall short *sorry*. Internet is so slow and honestly the best part of the trip so far has been spending time with my family and my good friends, laughing reminiscing all the while creating new memories.

I'll try to post some pics when I can :)

Love4himies
December 22nd, 2009, 07:53 AM
Hi Onster, glad to hear your trip is going well. Hope you have a safe and happy holiday!

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2009, 09:34 AM
Thank you Onster! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family!

Tundra_Queen
December 22nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
Onster your in Egypt? I always wanted to go there. Ok, I have to ask. Have u ever been to King Tut's tomb?

Thanks for the holiday wishes and I hope u have a wonderful time with your family and friends!!

Debbie :)

Macomom
December 22nd, 2009, 10:48 AM
Onster, please bring us back mangoes.
A friend of mine has a plantation in Egypt, and they are very lovely indeed.

Chris21711
December 22nd, 2009, 10:52 AM
Happy Holidays to you too Onster, enjoy the warm weather while you can and have a great time with your family :crazy:

onster
December 22nd, 2009, 12:11 PM
Thank you Onster! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family!

Thanks AG! and thanks for the card, i cant wait to open it when i get back..

Hi Onster, glad to hear your trip is going well. Hope you have a safe and happy holiday!

thanks l4H, its been fantastic so far...btw i just saw the thread about Rose, congrats! so heartwarming that she's warmed up like that.

Onster your in Egypt? I always wanted to go there. Ok, I have to ask. Have u ever been to King Tut's tomb?

Thanks for the holiday wishes and I hope u have a wonderful time with your family and friends!!

Debbie :)

Actually I just came back from Luxor and Aswan...I was at the valley of the kings the day b4 yesterday, no cams allowed tho. King Tut tomb in my opinion is actually not the most impressive...tight and not that much to see anymore...there were other tombs with with such great colour preservation, was amazing.

onster
December 22nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Onster, please bring us back mangoes.
A friend of mine has a plantation in Egypt, and they are very lovely indeed.

A canadian that loves mangoes! lol, Im pleasantly surprised, most caucasian canadians seem to find them rather gross and I am forever explaining that the mangoes in egypt are just amazing, nothing like you can get at zehrs or whatever.

My dad has a plantation too in the country side but unfortunately it's not mango season yet (thats the summer). I had a mango my first day here tho, my brother had bought an unripe one ages ago and it had slowly ripened in the fridge.........glorious that's all I can say. Right now the tangerines here are in season as are strawberries. Now I can truly say the clementines I just had in Canada were tasteless :p

Where exactly is spencerville? Honestly if I can get my hands on some unripe mangoes to bring back where they can take their sweet time to ripen I wouldnt mind bringing you some too!

Happy Holidays to you too Onster, enjoy the warm weather while you can and have a great time with your family :crazy:

Thanks Chris :) whats the weather like in Canada these days anyway? it was bitterly cold the week i left...actually in the desert here (luxor and such) its quite nippy at night, had to bring out the jackets.

Macomom
December 22nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
Oh thanks for the offer Onster. Have a great vacation, enjoy the sun and the company!
Spencerville is a commuter town to Ottawa!
I love mangoes, figs, dates...I should have been born somewhere tropical!

aslan
December 22nd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Merry Christmas Onster,,, Grace says she's jealous..If a large package shows up there with airholes punched in it,"""surprise""" could you feed her please..:D

Hope you have a wonderful time, don't rush back it's pretty cold here right now.

meg4050
December 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Onster!!! Happy Holidays!! Miss you :D:D

I love mangoes too..my grandpa used to bring them back for me when I was little everytime he went back to Africa :cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
December 22nd, 2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks AG! and thanks for the card, i cant wait to open it when i get back..

thanks l4H, its been fantastic so far...btw i just saw the thread about Rose, congrats! so heartwarming that she's warmed up like that.

Actually I just came back from Luxor and Aswan...I was at the valley of the kings the day b4 yesterday, no cams allowed tho. King Tut tomb in my opinion is actually not the most impressive...tight and not that much to see anymore...there were other tombs with with such great colour preservation, was amazing.

Onster I am so jealous! I have wanted to go there since I was a little kid. It sounds wonderful.

14+kitties
December 22nd, 2009, 06:57 PM
:wall: I wondered where you were! Completely forgot you were going to Eygpt!!!
I hope you are loving your holiday and seeing your family again. That's the whole idea of Christmas. Spending time with the family.
:sorry::offtopic: But did you manage to have a heart to heart with your mom about the kitties? :pray::fingerscr
Enjoy your holidays hon. :grouphug: Then hurry back home. We miss hearing about the kitties antics and your life!!!! :D

breeze
December 22nd, 2009, 07:46 PM
Happy holidays Onster

http://www.smileycons.com/img/Christmas2007/3250.gif

hazelrunpack
December 22nd, 2009, 08:59 PM
Hey, onster! Sounds like your trip is going well! :goodvibes:

No pictures allowed in the Valley of the Kings? :frustrated: Bummer! Very bad news for those of us who never get anywhere and travel vicariously through the vacation photos of others :o :laughing:

marko
December 23rd, 2009, 12:55 AM
Happy Holidays Onster! Hope you're having a great time, sounds amazing:highfive:

My name is Marko, I'm pale and I eat mango,
and
I
am
Canadian.

sorry in advance....Had to do that :D

angeldogs
December 23rd, 2009, 04:54 AM
Happy holidays onster.glad your trip is going good and your having fun.

growler~GateKeeper
December 24th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Happy Holidays Onster!

mmmm Mango juice :cloud9:

onster
December 24th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Oh thanks for the offer Onster. Have a great vacation, enjoy the sun and the company!
Spencerville is a commuter town to Ottawa!
I love mangoes, figs, dates...I should have been born somewhere tropical!

Thanks Macomom..I asked bout the mangoes, I have no chance :sad: I can only get the mangoes in the upscale supermarkets which are imported, so exactly the same as in canada..booo. I like buying my fruit off of a passing donkey cart from the farmer, fresh from the fields :D

Merry Christmas Onster,,, Grace says she's jealous..If a large package shows up there with airholes punched in it,"""surprise""" could you feed her please..:D

Hope you have a wonderful time, don't rush back it's pretty cold here right now.

lol, inshAllah (God willing, gotta learn that phrase if u come here ;)) Grace will come to Egypt one day:D

Ya I'm soaking up the sun while I can, have a tan :D

Onster!!! Happy Holidays!! Miss you :D:D

I love mangoes too..my grandpa used to bring them back for me when I was little everytime he went back to Africa :cloud9:

MEG!!! Ahhh its been sooooooooooo long! I miss u 2 girl :) whereve u been hiding?

glad ure a fellow mango lover :highfive:

onster
December 24th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Onster I am so jealous! I have wanted to go there since I was a little kid. It sounds wonderful.

Like I said for Grace, inshAllah Tundra_Queen you'll have a chance to come here someday. I don't know, Egypt has so many problems, and yes there are little things that annoy me :frustrated: but aside from the ancient wonders there are to see, my heart just sings when I am here. Everytime start to get annoyed with something sooo 3rd world (welcome to egypt we say sarcastically when u witness those things) :rolleyes:, I see something else so warm, loving and caring and culturally unique that it also would only happen here and my annoyance vanishes :lovestruck:

:wall: I wondered where you were! Completely forgot you were going to Eygpt!!!
I hope you are loving your holiday and seeing your family again. That's the whole idea of Christmas. Spending time with the family.
:sorry::offtopic: But did you manage to have a heart to heart with your mom about the kitties? :pray::fingerscr
Enjoy your holidays hon. :grouphug: Then hurry back home. We miss hearing about the kitties antics and your life!!!! :D

hahaha ya I ran off to Egypt the day after my last exam :) Well, I don't actually celebrate Christmas (tho do believe in Jesus) so its not really holiday season here 4 me and my fam, but I know what you mean :thumbs up There are lots of Copts tho who celebrate christmas Jan 7.

As for my mom I tried but it wasnt very effective. Bunduk was accidently forgotten outside for 6 hours last week *sigh*, I think I will have some roomates with me the winter semester.

Happy holidays Onster

http://www.smileycons.com/img/Christmas2007/3250.gif

Thanks so much breeze! Same to you :)

onster
December 24th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Hey, onster! Sounds like your trip is going well! :goodvibes:

No pictures allowed in the Valley of the Kings? :frustrated: Bummer! Very bad news for those of us who never get anywhere and travel vicariously through the vacation photos of others :o :laughing:

:laughing: yea..unfortunately a few bad apples spoil it for the rest of us :sad: Many ppl ignore the no flash rule so at some sites in order to protect the artifacts theyve had to just impose a strict no cam rule :sad:

Happy Holidays Onster! Hope you're having a great time, sounds amazing:highfive:

My name is Marko, I'm pale and I eat mango,
and
I
am
Canadian.

sorry in advance....Had to do that :D

LOL glad to read that Marko. And thank you, I am indeed :D

Happy holidays onster.glad your trip is going good and your having fun.

Thanks so much angeldogs, glad to see you back, we missed you here :grouphug: Hope all is well

onster
December 24th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Happy Holidays Onster!

mmmm Mango juice :cloud9:

thanks growler....yes mmmmmmm...i can still get mango juice thank God :D

Here are a few pics, but I know not the pics many were looking for (ancient egypt). It took me 20 mins to load a pic on FB :eek: so didnt have the patience to upload more..but anyway, here u go!

This was at a Nubian cafe atop a little mountain in Aswan...my dinky cam ( i forgot my SLR :sad:) just doesnt do it justice.

Baby donkey at banana island in Luxor (basically an island where they grow bananas and u can check out rural life). He was just soooooo freaking cute and affectionate. He leaned in to me when I started patting his neck. He was still walking funny and when we walked away he started stomping his hooves :laughing: then he would run the opposite way, almost as if to get a head start then come galloping towards us (well as much as this not so steady yet on his feet lil guy could gallop) but then as soon as he was a few metres away from his mom he would just stop in his tracks..no so brave yet :rolleyes:

The boat trip back from Banana island

As you can see from my attire its a bit chilly in Aswan and Luxor, but only early in the morning and late at night..however since we were out early and back late we dressed for the coldest weather.

Macomom
December 24th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Onster,
Your photos are beautiful! I love to travel and always end up with such incredible memories from the places/people I have met. I wish the same for you!

dollface
December 24th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Merry Christmas to you Onster! Get a tan for me :)

Winston
December 24th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Onster! so glad your enjoying this time! Happy Holidays to you and your family! Oh I am so jealous! Sun!! :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 24th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Merry Christmas onster !

Don't you miss the snow ? :rolleyes: :D

rainbow
December 25th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Onster, glad you're having a great time. :goodvibes: And, I'm soooo jealous of the nice weather. :o

Love the baby donkey. :cloud9:

edwina
December 25th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Happy Holidays Onster, i hope your having fun. :) I may ship myself there too, whats the address your staying at again ?? :laughing: No seriously. :laughing:
I like mango's too. :)

luckypenny
December 25th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Happy Holidays to you too Onster!!

Seeing I don't like mangoes, think you can bring back the baby donkey for me please :cloud9:. Omd, he's too beautiful :lovestruck:.

Glad you're having a wonderful time :thumbs up.