Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

why?

mitchi236
August 26th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Last night I was awoken to one of chicken's babies crying and I got up to go see what the problem was and she/he was singled out by itself and crying so I tried to get it closer to chickens teet to eat, I thought it was just hungry, well I woke up this morning and went to check on it and it was dead. Why?? I felt so bad, did the other kitties not let it eat, did Chicken not care enough to help/save it? Did I do something wrong? :( :( :( :( :(

Michelle

GsdDiamond
August 26th, 2004, 10:56 AM
I don't know cats or kittens that well, but I would think there's nothing you could have done to prevent this. It's just nature's way of doing things. You did all you could do by moving the kitten to the teet. There may have been more wrong with it than meets the eye.

Sorry for your loss, but I honestly don't think you could have prevented this.

Princesss04
August 26th, 2004, 11:31 AM
I got two kittens for a wedding gift a few months ago. We took them in and had them looked at and scheduled appt. for their shots (as they were still young) and we had them for about two weeks and I woke up and the one was almost dead so we called the vet but before he came in the kitten had died. And than a week later the other one did the same so we took him in and they exam. him and ran test and said that they had no idea. He said sometimes just like babies have Sids kittens and pups will all do the same. He said that some times a few dies and other times the whole liter will they can not explain it and there is nothing I could have done. My kittens were fine eatting drinking playing and all the night before and 6 hours later they were gone. Sometimes these things happen it is not your fault. I would get the mother and the other kittens into the vet just in case though. You prolly should do that ASAP!!! :) I am so sorry you lost one of your babies. When you said Chickens babies I thought you meant an actual chicken. I thought hey we have never had anyone on here about their pet chicken that is neat. Once again I am sorry and let us know what the vet says about the others. If nothing else call and see if they think they should see the other animals.

mitchi236
August 26th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Thank you guys, I just needed someone to talk to.

GsdDiamond
August 26th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Thank you guys, I just needed someone to talk to.
{{{{{hug}}}}}

Spoiled
August 26th, 2004, 02:57 PM
You poor thing. I understand what its like to lose an animal. :(

Luba
August 26th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Nature takes its course, the strong survive the weak die.
Lots of animals do that It's sad but it happens.
Moms push baby birds weak and sick ones outta the nest to die to allow the others room and food to grow stronger.

TalonsMa
August 26th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Awww ((((HUGS)))) I'm so sorry :( But I agree, you did nothing wrong. Sometimes things like this just happen.

krdahmer
August 26th, 2004, 04:12 PM
{{{{{hug}}}}}
~Ditto~
:o

SSAC
August 26th, 2004, 04:37 PM
same {{{{hugs}}}}.

Spoiled
August 26th, 2004, 10:21 PM
(((((hugs)))))

glasslass