Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Baby, its COOOOOLD outside!!!

bendyfoot
December 17th, 2009, 09:27 PM
My poor cold dogs!

I let the girls outside for their dinner...it only takes them a 2-3 minutes to eat...I see them on the deck ready to come in, one at a time:

Gracie sits by the stairs, lifting one front paw, then the other, very rapidly. She comes in quickly when she's called.

I look and now Heidi is sitting by the stairs, on her bum, with the hind paws off the ground, and lifting one front paw, then the other. She takes some coaxing to get her to come in...she doesn't want to put her feet on the snow.

Now Jaida is standing by the stairs. She half-lies down, putting her face on the snow. I think for a second that she's just doing her usual snow-plow routine...but no: it quickly becomes clear that she's standing on her face in an effort to lift her front leg off the snow. She comes quickly when called...on TWO legs, the front and one rear...the other rear she puts down after I warm it in my hand for 10 seconds or so.

Poor puppers, I knew it was cold but didn't think it was THAT bad :o Hopefully it snaps soon. :fingerscr

Dee-O-Gee
December 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I hear yah Bendy! No walks tonight for Gryphon & Mollie--way too cold. :sad: We'll have a romp around the back yard later on if Mollie can manage to keep her back paws footed on the ground. :D

On another note, I left my office tonight at 5 and it was a little dusk out and not dark! Do you think the days are getting longer? :whistle: :clap:

hazelrunpack
December 17th, 2009, 09:47 PM
:eek: Poor cold pupper feet!

We've had a few mini-snaps...two to three days of very cold weather...this year, but it's always quickly moderated into just cold weather (as opposed to very cold). It's amazing how much quicker they want to come in on the very cold days :D