Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Prayers Please...

Luvmypitgirls
December 17th, 2009, 12:26 PM
We received a call late last night, that my FIL heart tests showed something more serious than anticipated.
He is having open heart surgery today .:sad:
Then he will be in ICU for the next 10-12 days:sad:
He hadn't been feeling very well the last few days, the doctor told him he was lucky that he chose to come when he did, otherwise it is very likely he wouldn't have seen the end of the week.:sad:
Just when things seemed to be lookin' up..:sad:

quincymycat
December 17th, 2009, 12:32 PM
You have them. Although I am not a big religious person, I DO believe in the power of combined "good thoughts' or "prayers" or what ever you want to call them.
Every day I will remember him in my thoughts. :pray: :grouphug:

BenMax
December 17th, 2009, 12:33 PM
All positive thoughts and prayers coming your family's way.:goodvibes:

Stay strong and positive. Positive energy does wonders.:grouphug:

Love4himies
December 17th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Sending lots of :goodvibes: your way. BenMax is right, positive energy will help your FIL heal.

Dog Dancer
December 17th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Your FIL and your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

rainbow
December 17th, 2009, 01:40 PM
OH NO .....you've had enough of sad news lately and sure didn't need any more. :grouphug:

Lots of prayers and good wishes coming your way for your FIL. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Luvmypitgirls
December 17th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Thank you all very much, for your kindness and well wishes.
We are still awaiting the phone call to let us know how things went.
They say "no news is good news", but both hubby and I are going stir crazy right now.
We are trying to stay positive, Dad, has usually had good health, a bone marrow cancer scare a few years ago, but that was caught in the very early stages.
The positive thing is, they do 1000 of these procedures a year, with a 97% success rate, so that's what we are holding onto right now.

I truly do appreciate your support, and I send hugs out your way:grouphug:

rainbow
December 17th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Yes, the waiting part is hard but, as you said, I'm sure he is doing okay or else they would have called .....my thoughts are with you. :grouphug:

free
December 17th, 2009, 04:32 PM
prayers and good wishes to you and your family

the gang
December 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM
fingers crossed, and prayers sent your way, brenda and the pins:fingerscr

angeldogs
December 17th, 2009, 07:06 PM
:fingerscr The surgery went well.:goodvibes: For a healthy recovery.

hazelrunpack
December 17th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Any word, yet, LMPG? :goodvibes: and :pray:s for your FIL and your whole family! :grouphug:

Winston
December 17th, 2009, 10:03 PM
LMPG hugs to you and your family! Prayers are coming yor way! :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
December 17th, 2009, 10:19 PM
:grouphug: :pray:'s and :goodvibes::goodvibes: coming your way LMPG. Hope all went well and he's resting comfortable this evening.

ellysmith34
December 17th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Prayer could be the best gift I can share to you and your family... I just hope everything will be fine... Merry Christmas!!!

Luvmypitgirls
December 18th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Thank you all so much :grouphug:
At 11:00 last night we got a call from hubby's sister, the surgery went well, it took longer than they had anticipated because it was decided that it was infact a quadruple bypass that was needed.
Dad did well throught the surgery, and spent several hours in recovery before being sent to ICU.
When my SIL, called Dad was awake, and responding to the nurses.
He will spend a few days in ICU, and then he will be transferred to a private room. Apparently they don't put heart patients in with others anymore to reduce the risk of infection.
My SIL, said she will call sometime today with an update.

Thank you all so much for your support, I clung on to your messages yesterday, and it helped me to stay positive. Although I must admit at by 9 last night, I was getting really scared, having not heard anything.

I am sincerely grateful for the kindness and support:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

BenMax
December 18th, 2009, 02:08 PM
So glad things are looking brighter.:thumbs up

Love4himies
December 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I am so glad to hear that. :grouphug:, please keep us updated on his progress. :goodvibes:

rainbow
December 18th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Glad to hear your FIL's surgery went well and sending lots of good wishes for his recovery. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Big hugs to you and your family. :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
December 18th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Yay! :highfive: Glad everything went well and he's awake and on his way to recovery! :goodvibes: Will he be home before Christmas do you think? :fingerscr

angeldogs
December 18th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Thats great the surgery went well.:goodvibes:for a speedy recovery.

Luvmypitgirls
December 19th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Yay! :highfive: Glad everything went well and he's awake and on his way to recovery! :goodvibes: Will he be home before Christmas do you think? :fingerscr

Depending how things go, he may be released Christmas Day, but the family was told not to count on it. :shrug:
He's alive and that's the best Christmas present we could ask for, and if they decide to keep him thru out Christmas, well...hopefully he has pretty nurses to flirt with :laughing:

Thanks again everyone, you are truly great people, I can't thank you enough for the support....:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
December 19th, 2009, 12:19 AM
How is he feeling tonight, LMPG? Are they getting him up and walking now?

Luvmypitgirls
December 19th, 2009, 02:03 AM
How is he feeling tonight, LMPG? Are they getting him up and walking now?

My SIL, said last night that they were planning on getting him up and moving around today if possible.
Sadly, we haven't received an update today, my SIL said she would call but hasn't. We tried calling Dads cell, since my BIL has it on him to get an update but we just got voicemail.:frustrated:
I'm sure they are all tired and stressed out, since they were all at the hospital yesterday from sun up to sun down.
Hopefully someone will call tomorrow.
SIL, said last night that once he's in his private room and he's able he will probably call us himself, but it would still be nice to know how he's doing in the meantime.

rainbow
December 19th, 2009, 02:08 AM
So sorry that you are sitting on pins and needles waiting for an update :grouphug: but as said before ...no news is good news. :thumbs up

Hopefully you will hear soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
December 19th, 2009, 09:35 AM
LMPG,I am glad he's doing ok,if it was a by-pass he had,a very common procedure,then he might feel like a new man after he's healed up.

At my age,we have several friends who's had triple,quadruple(sp?)by-passes and felt great after,so chin up girl,your FIL will hopefully be fine:pray:

angeldogs
December 19th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hopefully you will get a call on an update soon enough.

rainbow
December 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Still no phone call :sad: .....tell your bro and SIL that all your friends here don't have a lot of patience. :laughing:

I know everything must be okay otherwise you would have received a call by now ....you FIL is probably busy flirting with all the nurses. :D

Luvmypitgirls
December 19th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Still no update, we've tried calling but only get voicemail, I've given up leaving messages :frustrated:

I must say I'm a tad annoyed...

I'm sure everything is ok, it has to be....and know my FIL, he's probably flirting up a storm, even if he's in immense pain....it's just the kind of dude he is.:laughing:

ellysmith34
December 20th, 2009, 10:55 PM
So how is he now...? hope everything will be fine... :angel: Let's all enjoy the Christmas... Hmmm...good vibes here...

TeriM
December 21st, 2009, 12:44 AM
Glad to hear that the surgery went well :thumbs up and hopefully you get a good update soon. It sucks to have our families not close in times of crisis :sad:. Hope his recovery is quick and easy :goodvibes: :goodvibes:.

Luvmypitgirls
December 21st, 2009, 02:00 AM
Thank you TeriM:)

Well still no update, tried phoning again today again just voicemail.
Seriously, I think it is extremely inconsiderate, it seems to me my hubby's step-siblings, are just fine with leaving us in the dark.:frustrated:

rainbow
December 21st, 2009, 02:26 AM
I can't believe you still haven't got an update and don't blame you for being annoyed. :frustrated: Why don't you try phoning the hospital and talking to one of the nurses? I'm sure they will give you an update. :thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
December 21st, 2009, 06:08 PM
I can't believe you still haven't got an update and don't blame you for being annoyed. :frustrated: Why don't you try phoning the hospital and talking to one of the nurses? I'm sure they will give you an update. :thumbs up

We tried that too, they won't release any info over the phone, even after I explained the situation :frustrated: I understand it's policy, but it doesn't help to ease our concern.

When Dad is up and home and feeling better, I'm going to talk to him about this, he needs to find someone that is dependable to keep us informed, should another crisis arise in the future.
I hope Santa leaves reindeer poop in hubby's step siblings stockings!:frustrated:

rainbow
December 21st, 2009, 07:57 PM
I guess every hospital has their own policy. The one here will give out information to family members unless they've changed it lately. :shrug:

I hope you get a call soon. :fingerscr :grouphug:

Chaser
December 21st, 2009, 08:02 PM
I guess every hospital has their own policy. The one here will give out information to family members unless they've changed it lately. :shrug:

Each province has legislation that governs who has access to health information, so it varies.

Hope you get word soon :fingerscr That's terrible of the siblings to act like this.

chico2
December 22nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
LMPG,These people certainly are not considerate,not keeping you informed with updates:sad:
Is the hospital is far away from you??
I am sure your FIL is doing fine,but if he is your husbands father,even the doctor should be able to tell you how he's doing.

Hopefully you'll here something soon:grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
December 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
I hope you will get some good news soon. I guess your fil lives in a different city than u do? I will keep sending prayers his way.

Debbie

marko
December 22nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Thinking positive thoughts for you luvmypitgirls :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

angeldogs
December 22nd, 2009, 02:23 PM
Not very conciderate leaving you hanging there with out any updates.hopefully you will hear something soon.