Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sledding at Hazel Run 2009

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 02:39 PM
The Hazel Run Daddy got the Hazel Run Mama a new sled.
The Leaf Hauler Sled is looking mighty small next to the new Ice Fishing Hauler.
The HRM will be able to stretch her legs a bit and maybe fit an extra dog inside :D

When the snow arrived, the HRM was quick to groom the sledding trail!

"Watch out, dawgs!!! Outta da way!!! Eeeeeeeekkkk!!!!"

"Move it, guys. Here comes Mom and she's lookin' mighty mean!"

The Pack stepped off the sled run and watched the HRM creep by at blazing snail speeds.

"She gets mighty excited about nothin', doesn't she, Ms Macie?" giggled Deputy Brier.

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 02:44 PM
"Ember! Wanna take a ride with yer ol' Ma?"
"Um, no thank you, Mom. But I'll race you to the bottom of the hill!!"

"Ready! Set! Go!!!"

The HRM finds herself seriously outgunned in the speed department.

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 02:48 PM
*pant* *pant*
"Next year we put in a lift!"

"Grace, you want a ride, don't you?"

"Nope! You're too slow!"

Luvmypitgirls
December 15th, 2009, 02:49 PM
blazing snail speeds:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Great pics HRM, looks like you were having a blast!:D

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Up the hill for another run...and the HRM is still looking for takers.

"You want a ride, don't you, Cass? Daddy won't be out here taking pictures all day!
"Don't you want your picture taken in the sled with Mom?"

"I'm pretty sure the Princess~Queen would never want to have photos taken of her in such
an amazingly undignified position, Mom!" whuffed Grace.

"Aw, c'mon, Cass! You only live once!"
"Um... No."

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 02:58 PM
"Well, okay then. How about a race? The track is getting faster! I can beat you now!"

The race was on!
Once again the HRM ate dust....urm....snow as the dogs left her in their tracks.

Grace managed to stay ahead of her just by walking. :rolleyes:

"Unfair!" yelled the HRM. "I wasn't ready!" :o

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 03:03 PM
"I'm ready for a ride, Mom!" barked Princess Lil Belle. "Hurry up!"

"Yay! Make yourself comfy, Lil Belle!"

"My face is already chapped sufficiently, Lil Belle. You can stop licking it now!"

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM
"Here we go, Lil Belle!"

"Stop struggling, Lil Belle!!! I can't see! We're getting off course!"

"Help me, here, Lil Belle! Help me!" :yell:

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 03:12 PM
"No way, Mom! YOU got us into this! You get us out!
"You don't expect a regal Princess to work, do you?"

"Arrghhhh! I give up Lil Belle...let's start over before Dad takes the camera in."

Luvmypitgirls
December 15th, 2009, 03:13 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Omg great pics, love the expression on Lil Belle's face in that last one!

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM
"Okay! This is better!"

"Lil Belle, I can't see around your butt!"

"You don't need to, Mom! You're not going fast enough to hit anything!"
And the Princess abandoned ship...er...I mean, sled.

"Come back, Lil Belle!" called the HRM.
But the Princess was showing the HRM the true meaning of speed...

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 03:25 PM
...and the Hazel Run Mama got beat down the hill one last time.

The End

The preceeding was brought to you by Cass in the Rocker Productions,
a subsidiary of Hazel Run Studios
:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

:p

quincymycat
December 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Hazel...Just fantastic!!! Looks like you and the gang were having a great old time. I would hate to even think of the expressions on the faces of my priss pants if they even had to get too close to the cold!!
Sled On!! :highfive:

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM
blazing snail speeds:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Great pics HRM, looks like you were having a blast!:D
It is an absolute blast, LMPG! :D It was pretty cold, though...lucky for you guys or there would have been even more pictures! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I would hate to even think of the expressions on the faces of my priss pants if they even had to get too close to the cold!!
Sled On!! :highfive:

Somehow, I can't see cats enjoying this sort of thing, either, qmc! :laughing: Not even Maine Coons! :cat:

But if they ever express an interest in trying, you know where to come :D

Love4himies
December 15th, 2009, 03:31 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: What a great story!
I thought you were retired? You look a little young to be, so you can't use age anymore as an excuse to ummmmm, *cough*, loosing your memory :laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 03:44 PM
That was hazel. She's younger than the rest of us. :o madame hazel is actually well into her 80s :p

:laughing:

I'm voluntarily retired...as in: I quit to take care of the dogs when we increased the Pack size :D

Luvmypitgirls
December 15th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Cass in the Rocker...:cloud9::lovestruck:

I wish it wasn't so cold there HRM, cuz I would've loved to have seen more pics of you blazing down the hill at blazin snail speeds, eating snow behind the pack :laughing:

Great pictures and great story, I love your dogs, they are all so beautiful!:cloud9:

Frenchy
December 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM
The preceeding was brought to you by Cass in the Rocker Productions,

a subsidiary of Hazel Run Studios
:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

:p[/COLOR]

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/I][/CENTER]

:laughing: you crack me up :laughing:

Hazel , you look like such a kid and I love you for it ! :2huggers: the pics are too funny , too bad they didn't wanna share the sled with you , other than Lil Belle :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Ya, those ingrates. :frustrated: No one would humor Mama when the camera was out. The minute hubby went inside with the camera, Lil Belle cooperated twice, all the way down the hill! What a snot!! :dog: :laughing:

Thanks, LMPG. Glad you enjoyed the sledding :D

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Oh, and I only looked like a kid cuz I was wearing hubby's coat...it was way too big so I look like I'm in hand-me-downs! :laughing: I busted the zipper on mine, though :o

Frenchy
December 15th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I busted the zipper on mine, though :o

:laughing: as long as it's not on your pants :p cuz we would ask for pics of that :evil:

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Nope....you'll notice I'm wearing sweats. :p No zippers! :laughing:

Frenchy
December 15th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Nope....you'll notice I'm wearing sweats. :p No zippers! :laughing:

:laughing: good thinking :p

Chaser
December 15th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Awww....good for you Lil Belle, at least trying to humour your Mama! :laughing:

Very cute Hazel :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 05:40 PM
She really does seem to like it, Chaser. Lil Belle is the only one who climbs in without help :dog:

She thinks mom is too slow, though. She likes it better when the track is icy and the wind sweeps her ears back :laughing:

Tundra_Queen
December 15th, 2009, 05:49 PM
The Hazel Run Daddy got the Hazel Run Mama a new sled.
The Leaf Hauler Sled is looking mighty small next to the new Ice Fishing Hauler.
The HRM will be able to stretch her legs a bit and maybe fit an extra dog inside :D

When the snow arrived, the HRM was quick to groom the sledding trail!

"Watch out, dawgs!!! Outta da way!!! Eeeeeeeekkkk!!!!"

"Move it, guys. Here comes Mom and she's lookin' mighty mean!"

The Pack stepped off the sled run and watched the HRM creep by at blazing snail speeds.

"She gets mighty excited about nothin', doesn't she, Ms Macie?" giggled Deputy Brier.

LMBO Hazel u crack me up!! LMBO

Mom! You're not going fast enough to hit anything!"...

I loved that one...thank goodness I had put my coffee down before I read that part. :laughing::laughing:

Debbie

rainbow
December 15th, 2009, 07:51 PM
:laugh: :laugh: too funny :laughing:

No wonder you love the snow so much .....you're just like a big kid. :crazy:

The pics and captions are hilarious :D and love Cass in the rocker. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM
But it's not just me!! The dogs love the snow, too! :D They feel so smug when they can pass me at walking speed :laughing:

And as much as the dogs snicker as they pass, I'll bet that if snails could stand the cold and move in winter, I could beat one down the hill in the sled :frustrated:

We wanted to go sledding again today, but it was just too cold. :sad: We spent a little time out in the heated kennel building, warming our paws and admiring our new sled, though... :thumbs up

Maybe tomorrow it will be warm enough :fingerscr

aslan
December 15th, 2009, 08:34 PM
lol, you should wax the bottom of your sled and totally freak the puppers out as you zoom by...great story once again.:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 08:37 PM
hubby just looked at the thread and told me he didn't buy me a new sled--he bought me a bona fide Snow Cruiser! :laughing:

Wax might just work, aslan. I think we have some old ski wax around here somewhere! :D I'll probably end up slamming into the fence at the bottom of the hill though! :rolleyes: :p

aslan
December 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM
hmmmm ok we have to put our minds to it and come up with a breaking system for you then.

Dee-O-Gee
December 15th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Cudos to hubby for bringing out the easy camera and taking such wonderful, fun pictures! :thumbs up

You know that when you're over the hill...you pick up speed Madame Hazel! :lightbulb:

What a great thread-thoroughly enjoyed this one Hazel! :thumbs up

14+kitties
December 15th, 2009, 11:14 PM
So is that your neighbour in the background of the one pic? Do they think you are totally insane? :rolleyes:
Freezing cold and you are out being a big kid! Gotta love it!!! Looks like you and the pups had a great time!!!! :cloud9:

angeldogs
December 15th, 2009, 11:17 PM
:laughing::laughing:funny story you had me busting a gut.the rocker pic is cute.

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2009, 11:53 PM
hmmmm ok we have to put our minds to it and come up with a breaking system for you then.

I'm thinking hay bales or very large pillows! :laughing:

You know that when you're over the hill...you pick up speed Madame Hazel! :lightbulb:

In that case, I should be picking up speed quickly as the days go on! :laugh:

So is that your neighbour in the background of the one pic? Do they think you are totally insane? :rolleyes:

Actually, that was hubby...which confused me, cuz didn't he take the pics? :confused: But madame hazel looked into her crystal ball and reminded me that hazel took that pic of Belle. :o have I mentioned that we're a little bit senile at times? :rolleyes:

As to whether or not the real neighbors think I'm totally insane? Well, of course the neighbors do! They're my in-laws, and as is often the case, noone is good enough for their son! :laughing: Plus they know me well, making the total insanity hard to hide. :o

:laughing::laughing:funny story you had me busting a gut.the rocker pic is cute.

Glad you enjoyed it, angeldogs!

Fun was had by all :cloud9:

angeldogs
December 15th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Might be more fun if you add the wax,ski wax or turtle wax it will be faster then blazing snail speeds :D

rainbow
December 16th, 2009, 12:12 AM

Actually, that was hubby...[/SIZE]

I missed that so went back to check ......it looks like he's watering the snow. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 16th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I got get my fence protection up first. :o Chain-link is hard, even at blazing snail speeds. Can you imagine at turtle wax speeds?!? :eek: http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif

hazelrunpack
December 16th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I missed that so went back to check ......it looks like he's watering the snow. :laughing:
No watering...of any sort :p Too cold!!!!

angeldogs
December 16th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I got get my fence protection up first. :o Chain-link is hard, even at blazing snail speeds. Can you imagine at turtle wax speeds?!? :eek: http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif

need to goto a kungfu studio or judo dojo and get the big mats and attach them to the fence.or a whole body suit.:D

hazelrunpack
December 16th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Or I could just strap a bunch of the orvis dog nests along the perimeter! :laughing: That way I wouldn't have to arm wrestle a bunch of martial artists for mats! :eek:

angeldogs
December 16th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Or I could just strap a bunch of the orvis dog nests along the perimeter! :laughing: That way I wouldn't have to arm wrestle a bunch of martial artists for mats! :eek:
:laughing:got to do what ever is going to stop the pain the chain link will cause.or the least amount of pain.:D

Melei'sMom
December 16th, 2009, 01:59 AM
that is just great hazel. your stories are always so much fun, I absolutely love them and they are great way to lift my spirits. :lovestruck:
and the comments after are too funny! you all where talking about waxing up the snow cruiser and I could just picture Hazel blazing down the hill like Chevy Chase in National Lampoons Christmas and all the dogs at the top of the hill with their mouths hanging open in shock! :laughing: :laugh::mwaha:

luckypenny
December 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM
It's so wonderful to see you enjoying yourself with the pack, Hazel! By the time I got halfway through the thread, the pics started to get blurry, I was laughing so hard.

I love them all :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
December 16th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Blazing speed :cloud9: Oh, how I wish! :laughing:

I did try again a little today. Lil Belle was more than cooperative because there was no camera. And at one point we did manage to slide almost all the way to the fence! :thumbs up So I think the sled run is starting to get fast!!!! :fingerscr

The Pack still has no trouble catching up and passing us on the way down. At one point, Brier trotted alongside us all the way down, head-wrestling with Lil Belle while she sat on my lap in the cruiser.... :rolleyes: :laughing: Still...Grace can't keep ahead just by walking anymore. :D

14+kitties
December 16th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Actually, that was hubby...which confused me, cuz didn't he take the pics? :confused: But madame hazel looked into her crystal ball and reminded me that hazel took that pic of Belle. :o have I mentioned that we're a little bit senile at times? :rolleyes:

As to whether or not the real neighbors think I'm totally insane? Well, of course the neighbors do! They're my in-laws, and as is often the case, noone is good enough for their son! :laughing: Plus they know me well, making the total insanity hard to hide. :o

Ahh, that explains that. You said hubby took the pics so when I saw him in that pic I thought neat, he can be in two places at once! :rolleyes:
I had some in laws that felt that way too. Now they are ex in laws. :D

breeze
December 16th, 2009, 03:51 PM
so much fun !!!! and with the pack!!!!

I want to go sledding with you and the pack.... hazel!!

( I think I have a sled around here somewhere) just have to remember where I put it and haul it out..

then the race is on!!!

off to go find my sled..be right with you

hazelrunpack
December 16th, 2009, 08:40 PM
One of us can use the leaf hauler and the other the Snow Cruiser, breeze. :D That way you don't have to pack it for the trip here :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
December 16th, 2009, 09:46 PM
You know you can buy one of the roll up plastic toboggans. They travel really well and take up minimal space! :thumbs up

Hey wait, :lightbulb: I could pack one of those in my little car and head over too! Oh yeah...I forgot....:sad: I don't like snow! :yuck:

hazelrunpack
December 16th, 2009, 09:59 PM
No no, klm! You need something with sides or the dogs fall out! :laughing:

You don't like snow?!? :eek: How can that be!?! :confused: Don't you get quite a lot of it in the Niagara area?

14+kitties
December 16th, 2009, 11:10 PM
No no, klm! You need something with sides or the dogs fall out! :laughing:

You don't like snow?!? :eek: How can that be!?! :confused: Don't you get quite a lot of it in the Niagara area?

The last couple of years we have had quite a bit of snow. But still not as much as the surrounding areas. I'm about 20 minutes away from klm and kr. We are supposed to get stuff that actually may stay on the ground this weekend. Right now we have none. But it's been freakin' cold!!!

hazelrunpack
December 16th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Really!! We've been a little below normal temps and lots above normal snow for Dec. We've been see-sawing, though...one month cold, one month warm, then back to another colder than normal month :shrug: Pretty much a normal occurrence for WI :D

Chris21711
December 17th, 2009, 10:34 AM
You are truly nuts in a wonderful way Hazel :D

breeze
December 17th, 2009, 10:39 AM
One of us can use the leaf hauler and the other the Snow Cruiser, breeze. :D That way you don't have to pack it for the trip here :thumbs up

:thumbs up:thumbs up that sounds sooo good considering my sled just won't make another season I'm afraid :sad::sad:
and Arch is to big for it anyway this season :laughing: Bree fits in it nicely with a human she is so petit

hazelrunpack
December 17th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Whoa, Chris!! :eek: I'm amazed you were able to download everything! Lots of pics in this one :o

And just cuz I'm certifiable, ya duzn't hafta call me nuts. :frustrated: :crazy: :p

I'm actually an :angel: and totally sane. I sled down the hill in back so as not to cause accidents by sledding in view of any traffic on the road. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 17th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Archie can share the snow cruiser and Bree will fit in the leaf hauler with a human quite nicely! :cloud9:

Chris21711
December 17th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Whoa, Chris!! :eek: I'm amazed you were able to download everything! Lots of pics in this one :o

It took a while, especially with the red x syndrome kicking in, but was worth it :thumbs up

And just cuz I'm certifiable, ya duzn't hafta call me nuts. :frustrated: :crazy: :p

Yep....you are Nutz :laughing:

I'm actually an :angel: and totally sane. I sled down the hill in back so as not to cause accidents by sledding in view of any traffic on the road. :laughing:

So considerate of you, I'm guessing the Madame wasn't with you, I think she could care two hoots about traffic :rolleyes:

Ryan48
December 17th, 2009, 10:45 PM
What a happy bunch of babies! They were having a riot, eh....
Nice.

RM

growler~GateKeeper
December 18th, 2009, 01:39 AM
:laughing: A most excellent adventure Hazel :thumbs up and congrats on the new sled :highfive: looks much more roomy.

hazelrunpack
December 18th, 2009, 02:08 PM
No, no...it's a Snow Cruiser, not a sled! :laughing: It really is a riot and a lot more roomy....for a moment this morning I had Cass, Grace and Lil Belle in there with me :highfive: right up until the snow cruiser began to move, anyway...then they all jumped out :rolleyes:

Love4himies
December 18th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Freezing cold and you are out being a big kid! Gotta love it!!! Looks like you and the pups had a great time!!!! :cloud9:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Ummmm, we know she is :crazy:, so her neighbours that actually see her every day would know for sure. :laughing:. Wonder if she keeps them as entertained as she does us. :D

hazelrunpack
December 18th, 2009, 02:59 PM
It's my in-laws, L4H, so probably not. :o Probably they're more appalled than anything else! :laughing:

Love4himies
December 18th, 2009, 03:00 PM
It's my in-laws, L4H, so probably not. :o Probably they're more appalled than anything else! :laughing:

That's OK, as long as you are having fun, doesn't matter what anybody thinks. We love you the way you are!

hazelrunpack
December 18th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Aw, thanks L4H :grouphug: :D